Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hello I am new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jade View Post
    we are subconsciously taught to never openly lash at someone else's opinions...We may question it but never condemn it...I partially agree with you but I do wish you would use a lighter tone because afterall, these decisions and opinions are personal and who are we to condemn them? It's everyone's own private thought/opinion and I suppose we should respect that???
    But some justified condemnation now might save a hell of a lot of trouble later on. Do you think religious organisations would ever give as much consideration to you as you are giving to them?

Thanks to a lack of training (or condemnation) there are a lot of dogs (or religious bigots) who think it is OK to bark as loudly as they like, defficate whenever and wherever they want, and bite whoever they dislike.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

We all know there are THREE Holly Books; the Torah, the Bible and the Quran. To me it doesn’t matter, I respect three of them because they all talk about the same GOD, about the same commandments … the difference between those three starts when they start talking about their messengers; Moses for Torah, Jesus for Bible and Mohammed for Quran. Each one of those have its own method of obeying the Lord and how to live, etc. its up to human being to see the most convenient method and live by it. For me, I choose Christianity and Bible to live by…

Our Genocide is not a religion debate and it wasn’t a religion war … unfortunately, Turkish leaders announced it as a religious duty so everyone can follow those mass-killing orders and they can apply their plan of annihilating the Armenians ASAP.

On the other hand; do you think we didn’t have Muslims on our side? We didn’t have Turks or Kurds on our side of struggle? Whoever is TASHNAG here knows very well a Kurdish hero who fought next to our heroes (known as FEDAYIs) we even have a song written about him (I can’t remember the name)...

Comment

Perhaps all this, very interesting discussion, should be moved from this Introduction thread?
        I'm constantly updating my own planned contribution, but work as always intercedes and then you guys have moved on!
        I'll be banging the keyboard later tonight however as my head tells me to agree with B.t.C.

Comment

I know this post is not directed at me but personally I too feel that religion can be an inhibitor (it has certainly been for Turkey and Iran, just looking at the status of these two countries should make it clear for everyone just how big an inhibitor religion has been for them) and I don't practice it...Yet I cringe when you say things like that 1.5 million...Perhaps because I go to an international school and we are subconsciously taught to never openly lash at someone else's opinions...We may question it but never condemn it...I partially agree with you but I do wish you would use a lighter tone because afterall, these decisions and opinions are personal and who are we to condemn them? It's everyone's own private thought/opinion and I suppose we should respect that???
          Jade - I am sorry - but I am well past using a lighter tone on this matter (of religion) because (and it should be obvious that - or perhaps will be to you as you live and learn more in the world) religion itself is the primary cause of nearly all our major man-made disputes and calamities - and really now - for what? - some ancient words (often poorly) written in some books by a variety of characters - most of whom had some really out there ideas (some good - much not good) and describing all manner of atrocities then attributing them to a supposedly loving deity who in fact come accorss as more maniacle. And the real trouble is that using these books practically anything - any crime or atrocity - can be justifyed - and we aren't supposed to question these beliefs? Look at the inquisition - 400+ years of horror - where people were tortured to confess farciful supernatural crimes - based on only accusation sof others and because they were non-conformists or because someone had a grudge - all in the name of GOD! Likewise - with horrible crimes in recent history - such as our own Genocide and the Holocaust - where religion was used to justify actions and motivate people to do the worst possible deeds against other humans...well it just has to stop. If it doesn't - and look at the jihadists in the Middle East now - and the uncomprimising religious rhetoric used by Bush....I mean it should be quite obvious....

Also there is the issue of the Armenian Genocide. I never said faith caused this as I saw someone here write - what I claim is that such an event is a clear disproof of the Christian God. How can there be a loving, all knowing, all powerful God who allows some of his most loyal believers to be tortured and destroyed in such a manner? There can be no explanation for such a thing (and I refuse to accept the twisted illogical religious mumbo jumbo spouted that would jutify such actions) - these events - and atrocities such as the Inquisiton and the actions of Spainards in the New World slaughtering Indians - all in the name of God and Christ - are clear proofs that the doctrine of Christianity is a sham and that its believers are dangerous to the rest of us - the same holds true for Muslims - and the same holds true for anyone who claims that their beliefs and the basis for their beliefs are beyond question.

Comment

I cannot reply to that...You are right...And I see your point...But don't you think condemning it will only make people cling even harder to their beliefs?

Comment

I cannot reply to that...You are right...And I see your point...But don't you think condemning it will only make people cling even harder to their beliefs?
              You would rather I egg them on or just ignore them? - say nothing and look the other way? No can do. Unlike you I can see the end of my life in the not too distant future. As one gets older like I am one starts to care less for (many things) - and certainly being concerned what others think of you is one area where you have much more leeway as you age. I have no reason to care if I offend someone. Particularly when I see the dangers. Why keep quiet? Plus I have had this religion thing shoved down my throat at every stage of my life. I'm quite well tired of it.

Comment

I see we have a new member - nationalisturk...should the mods save him the time and trouble of attempting to express himself in English (likely a very difficult and taxing undertaking for him) and just ban him now? He will likely stress quite a bit as he attempts to heap invective against Armenians and extole the virtues of Turkish xenophobia...I suggest we just do him a favor....

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
                  I see we have a new member - nationalisturk...should the mods save him the time and trouble of attempting to express himself in English (likely a very difficult and taxing undertaking for him) and just ban him now? He will likely stress quite a bit as he attempts to heap invective against Armenians and extole the virtues of Turkish xenophobia...I suggest we just do him a favor....
                  done
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

lol, there is a song written just for you Joseph ...

smooth operator ....

Comment

• wait a minute! correct me if I'm mistaken but this guy hasn't even posted anything yet right? You are banning him/her based on their username?! I mean I might be a nationalist (although I really don't think I am) and I've talked to every one of you for the past few months and you can see that I am perfectly civilized...Have I insulted any of you in all the time I've been here? Even when I might have disagreed with you? Why don't you guys give this guy a chance? I really don't understand:S

Comment

Working...
                      X