Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Coming to terms with the events of 1915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
    Now or tomorrow, in this style or another, Turkish state has to, should, must and will recognize the Genocides and massacres. We will se it, nearly i am sure about it. There is no any other solution of this problem and this structure cannot continue by escaping from realities.
    ı totally agree. but it may take a long time before the state can make such a huge change. when that day comes, we will be living in a very different ,much freer country.there will be no more kurd problem. kurdish culture will be accepted sincerely together with every original anatolian cultures. armenian word will not be an insult any more. armenians will be accepted as original neighbours,anatolian people.maybe some of them will return back home as their honour given back to them. we will no more boast about our turkishness,or our huge military, but we will be working for humanity and justice and science and mostly for planets reserve.

but untill that day we,people must start talking more loudly in our own country. we must be able to face dark parts of our history,without calculating the negative outcomes of the apologise.

only when we apologise ,ı may forgive myself and my own ancestors.

lal

Comment

Great words, good points, and I'm sure we'll live to see Turkey grow up already and become a man.
      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
        Great words, good points, and I'm sure we'll live to see Turkey grow up already and become a man.
        ı dont answer your posts but ı read some of them. ı must say that ı am not agree with some things you say. ı am not so sure that all armenians want an apologise from turks.some armenians have bigger dreams which can bring bigger problems for another 500 years.some armenians consider it as beating the enemy. just like, we are called as traitors in our own country.

ı look at the problem from turkish citezens point of view.although ı dont approve it, turkish government can go on keeping the borders closed untill the azerbeycan and armenia solve karabağ problem.turkish government can go on political fight against paying compensations to armenia,techniqally and relating to that times laws, refusing it to be called a genocide, turkish military can defend countries lands against everybody including armenia.

but what turks and turkish government shouldnt do is, to refuse what happened in the past. this is immoral and this makes turkey less honorable and also less democratic. turkey must apologise from every single armenian living on earth for erasing their thousands of years of culture from anatolia and for the sadness we have given them for a century. turkey must give their honour back. turkey must declare all armenians of the world as priveleged people who can do business in turkey with less taxes, can come in and live in turkey without visa etc. if they prove they had roots in turkey ,they must be given their turkish citizenship back ,if they still can demand it.

Comment

Lal, what you write hear strikes a chord with all, if not all at least most. I have a question. Do your family, friends, colleagues share your views? If not, who do you discuss these issues with? If you're isolated in your community, how are you coping? The thread which runs through all your posts, in my mind, is of a bird in a cage. I understand your wish to heal both Armenians and turks. Take care.

Comment

Lal:

I think we can forget about the issues regarding land or Sevres Treaty. In a philosophical aspect, like an anarchist, borders are meaningless things for me. What about a loose confederation or something like that from Athens to Baku, from Yeravan to Damascus? Castle in the air? Non-sense pipe dream? Doesnt matter, even thinking is good.

Comment

Apologize campaing from intellectuals

A group of intellectual, in the leadership of PhD Cengiz Aktar from Bahcesehir University at Istanbul, started a campaign to apologize about Armenian Deportation.

They declared a text about the events in 1915. As a summary:

"I object the insensivity of the events that Ottoman Armenians suffered as Great Calamity [i think referring the word Yedz Meghern-ardakilic]. I share my Armenian brothers feelings and pains, i apologize".

Milliyet, 5 December 2008

Comment

This is great Arda, I'm very happy to hear about this.

ı dont answer your posts but ı read some of them. ı must say that ı am not agree with some things you say. ı am not so sure that all armenians want an apologise from turks.some armenians have bigger dreams which can bring bigger problems for another 500 years.some armenians consider it as beating the enemy. just like, we are called as traitors in our own country.
                Lal, did I ever say that ALL the Armenians are perfect or Angels? I fight those very Armenians you talk about and very soon, that will be happening EVERYDAY. What I want is the Turkish people to understand them and move on. If they see Turkey is taking even one step forward, they will move on, they'll HAVE to move on, the world won't wait for them.

And what is it you don't agree with anyways? I'm not a Telepath .
                THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                  Lal, what you write hear strikes a chord with all, if not all at least most. I have a question. Do your family, friends, colleagues share your views? If not, who do you discuss these issues with? If you're isolated in your community, how are you coping? The thread which runs through all your posts, in my mind, is of a bird in a cage. I understand your wish to heal both Armenians and turks. Take care.

ı have a 20 year male friend and he had an armenian girlfriend. they were going out for few years. but girls family strongly objected to their relationship because he was turkish. and it finished. my friend really got a deep love sickness .first ı was very angry to the family. ı called them racists.but ı was curious about armenian problem. ı started to investigate.

turkish excuses did not satisfy me.they say,first armenians started the fight .men were killed okay. but ı always wanted to know what happened to elders, women and children. ı mean why should these people who can be no threat be punished. there is no answer to this.

before years when there were no internet, all turks were thinking that armenians were natural enemy of turks. but now many people know what really happened,but refuse to accept it because of afraiding the negative results of the acceptence--or betterconfession may be--. and ı think this is even more immoral.

my parents are typical turks. they are not racists. but they dont like to talk about this issue. but many young turks openly can talk just like ı do. while obviously there are more nationalists in the country who deny it . but at least we can discuss it now unlike our parents who wont even still talk about this.

this problem must finish,so that both turks and armenians can feel relief. we started to come towards each other. armenians are less hostile and they started to act like they only want turkey to face its history. and turks are at least discussing the issue and started to listen what armenians say.

lal

Comment

Originally posted by lal View Post
                    ı have a 20 year male friend and he had an armenian girlfriend. they were going out for few years. but girls family strongly objected to their relationship because he was turkish. and it finished. my friend really got a deep love sickness .first ı was very angry to the family. ı called them racists.but ı was curious about armenian problem. ı started to investigate.

turkish excuses did not satisfy me.they say,first armenians started the fight .men were killed okay. but ı always wanted to know what happened to elders, women and children. ı mean why should these people who can be no threat be punished. there is no answer to this.

before years when there were no internet, all turks were thinking that armenians were natural enemy of turks. but now many people know what really happened,but refuse to accept it because of afraiding the negative results of the acceptence--or betterconfession may be--. and ı think this is even more immoral.

my parents are typical turks. they are not racists. but they dont like to talk about this issue. but many young turks openly can talk just like ı do. while obviously there are more nationalists in the country who deny it . but at least we can discuss it now unlike our parents who wont even still talk about this.

this problem must finish,so that both turks and armenians can feel relief. we started to come towards each other. armenians are less hostile and they started to act like they only want turkey to face its history. and turks are at least discussing the issue and started to listen what armenians say.

lal

Well if wheat you are writing is the truth, than you must be a very special and open minded person, I knew very closely one Turkish girl just like yourself, and I know how hard it to get against mainstream in your country....
                    I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by VaheTheGreat(e) View Post
                      Well if wheat you are writing is the truth, than you must be a very special and open minded person, I knew very closely one Turkish girl just like yourself, and I know how hard it to get against mainstream in your country....
                      ım not special,its very easy to be objective.

first,you have to have strong moral values.

second,you must remember that anatolia is the homeland of armenians.

third ,you will ask yourself ,where are they now.

ı think instead of attacks and insults,armenians must do the same. very simple questions,especially about women,children and elders.where are they now?

well we know, either in the unknown graves or in the shape of ,lost people scattered all over the world trying to stick each other.

then if you have a little humanity in yourself, you will join them to rebel to the injustice done.

armenians never deserved what happened to them. so simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X