Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who was responsible for orchestrating the 1915 Armenian genocide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was responsible for orchestrating the 1915 Armenian genocide?

If you were to put a face to the whole thing, whose would it be?

The 3 pashas? Ataturk? etc...

Re: Who was responsible for orchestrating the 1915 Armenian genocide?

While I encourage such questions to be asked, I am surprised and disappointed that this question still remains unanswered for Armenians. The answer to this question is as basic as "when were the Armenian intellectuals first rounded up" (1915, 24 April).

Ataturk was not in power when the AG was first planned and orchestrated. Here are your faces "to the whole thing":

The goal? Something to the likes of this, with the inclusion of Armenia in the red paint:
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yep, the 3 Pashas. If you'd read my post properly, I had named them first in my short list of WHO DUNNITS. Just wanted to make sure...

Be disappointed all you want. I never even said I was Armenian...

thanks.

Comment

A face has a head behind it, and that has a brain inside it, and has limbs to do its bidding. So the question is not basic, but it is disappointing that nobody has ever bothered to answer it.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The central asian muslim invading vermin, it's wrong to put the blame on an individual.
          Their entire race is at fault.

Comment

Are the Turks only to blame for what happened? For instance, did the Europeans have some responsibility as well? Do you think we should ask this question to ourselves? I think, yes, we should. If we ask this about past, we can better determine what we can do today more clearly. We all have responsibilities, Europeans too, have some responsibilities for this tragedy. But now, we have ways to cure this wound.

Turkey may look dark, pessimistic, fundamentally religious, nationalist when you look from outside. I am coming from this country, but this country is not a dark place. It is enlightning and we are trying to help this enlightment.

Turks and Armenians must face each other, understand each other, face the history, break the lock and get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
              Are the Turks only to blame for what happened? For instance, did the Europeans have some responsibility as well? Do you think we should ask this question to ourselves? I think, yes, we should. If we ask this about past, we can better determine what we can do today more clearly. We all have responsibilities, Europeans too, have some responsibilities for this tragedy. But now, we have ways to cure this wound.

Turkey may look dark, pessimistic, fundamentally religious, nationalist when you look from outside. I am coming from this country, but this country is not a dark place. It is enlightning and we are trying to help this enlightment.

Turks and Armenians must face each other, understand each other, face the history, break the lock and get over it.
              Europeans have some responsibilities but may, THE BLAME rests with turks.
              That blame cannot be diluted or dissolved.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                Europeans have some responsibilities but may, THE BLAME rests with turks.
                That blame cannot be diluted or dissolved.
                In that case, we should blame ALL Germans for the holocaust; ALL Americans for the Genocide against the native Indians; ALL Serbs for the Genocide against the Bosnian Muslims in Srebrenica: to blame a whole people for a Genocide that their Government committed is wrong!

We should actually commend may, hitite and all other Turks for having the courage to say the "G" word considering that the History books in Turkey do not mention about any Genocide against the Christians - let alone how sensitive this issue is for many Turks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                  In that case, we should blame ALL Germans for the holocaust; ALL Americans for the Genocide against the native Indians; ALL Serbs for the Genocide against the Bosnian Muslims in Srebrenica: to blame a whole people for a Genocide that their Government committed is wrong!

We should actually commend may, hitite and all other Turks for having the courage to say the "G" word considering that the History books in Turkey do not mention about any Genocide against the Christians - let alone how sensitive this issue is for many Turks.
                  Did I use the word ALL in my post? Think not.......................Jump on somebodies neck, but if you want to do that, read the post carefully first.
                  Europeans carry some responsibility for the AG, the BLAME RESTS WITH TURKS, that blame cannot be put on any other shoulders.
                  The government didn't commit the Genocide on their own. THE PEOPLE did, yes under instruction, but the people did it.
                  The soldier, shopkeeper,cafe owner, farmer, baker,cook, the man in the street. The ordinary people carried out orders, but carried them out nontheless.
                  If you don't understand that, then you must believe the SS guards who were "just following orders" are innocent too.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    Did I use the word ALL in my post? Think not.......................Jump on somebodies neck, but if you want to do that, read the post carefully first.
                    Europeans carry some responsibility for the AG, the BLAME RESTS WITH TURKS, that blame cannot be put on any other shoulders.
                    The government didn't commit the Genocide on their own. THE PEOPLE did, yes under instruction, but the people did it.
                    The soldier, shopkeeper,cafe owner, farmer, baker,cook, the man in the street. The ordinary people carried out orders, but carried them out nontheless.
                    If you don't understand that, then you must believe the SS guards who were "just following orders" are innocent too.

How wrong you are - AGAIN!The Turkish people didn`t commit the genocide against the Christians: It was the Turkish soldiers and Kurdish gangs that was ordered by the Ottoman government to wipe out the Christians.Be careful the next time with your generalizations.

What does a baker have in common with a SS guard?Were there some Turkish civilian who participated in the Genocide against the Christians?Probably so.But your post makes it sound as this Genocide was committed by ALL Turks which is not correct because there were also some Turks who saved Christians from the Genocide.
                    Last edited by Alexandros; 03-31-2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X