Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of the Armenian Genocide

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: History of the Armenian Genocide

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    I still cannot see a reason why bolsahyes living in America would use Turkish as the main language in the household, for generation after generation. Practically all BeirutaHyes today were Western Armenians who lived under Turks for over 600 years, and almost all Beirutahye families knew how to speak Turkish when they settled in Lebanon after the genocide. However, you won't see Beirutahyes speaking Turkish or Arabic in their households. In fact, the Turkish language among BeirutaHyes went extinct in just 1 generation. So I wonder what the deal is with most bolsahyes who move out of Turkey and are still unable to get rid of these old habits.
    It depends on the family and education really. I know Bolsahyes whose parents never knew how to speak Armenian in the first place. Depending on where they lived, some Armenians had to hide their identity more than others. A lot of Bolsahyes whose parents know Armenian, migrated and had kids in North America, they don't even know anything but English. Most likely if the kids were born in North America unless the parents were strict with language, the kids didn't learn Armenian. If they migrated from Turkey at a young age then chances are they know Turkish and Armenian.

For example, my mom has cousins the same age as her who migrated to different parts of the world. Her cousins from South America kept their Armenian culture until they came to the U.S. where their kids just became American. Other cousins who migrated to America don't know a word of Armenian. My mom remained in Turkey much longer and she knows how to read and write Armenian. I'm guessing the generation after her when TV and the media blew up in Turkey probably helped speed up the assimilation process.

What I don't get is how those that went to Armenian schools don't know Armenian... as if once they left gradeschool/highschool, the North American culture just over ruled anything they learned as a kid.

A lot of Armenians from Iraq, Lebanon, etc know both Armenian and Turkish if they had grandparents in the house.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

So what we have here is three theories:

1- It was the Crypto Joos
      2- It was the Europeans clrearing the the path of the energy corridors
      3- Ancient astronaut theory

Did I miss any?
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
        It depends on the family and education really. I know Bolsahyes whose parents never knew how to speak Armenian in the first place. Depending on where they lived, some Armenians had to hide their identity more than others. A lot of Bolsahyes whose parents know Armenian, migrated and had kids in North America, they don't even know anything but English. Most likely if the kids were born in North America unless the parents were strict with language, the kids didn't learn Armenian. If they migrated from Turkey at a young age then chances are they know Turkish and Armenian.
        What you say sounds logical. However, I've met lots of bolsahyes my own age (under 30) who were born in the west and know how to speak fluent Turkish. In fact, in many cases their Turkish is more fluent than their Armenian. I'm just not sure if these people are the exceptions or part of the rule, but they make up a large proportion of the bolsahyes I have met.

Originally posted by KanadaHye
        What I don't get is how those that went to Armenian schools don't know Armenian... as if once they left gradeschool/highschool, the North American culture just over ruled anything they learned as a kid.
        Well it goes back to what you said earlier in your post: It depends on the family. Some parents place an importance on making sure their kids speak Armenian, while many are indifferent to it. We can trace so many of the strengths/weaknesses of our people to our parents and families.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

Did I miss any?
          4 - Both 1 and 2
          5 - 1, 2 and 3
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Well, 2 can happen witout 1

I give you 10 to 1 on 3
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Well, 2 can happen witout 1

I give you 10 to 1 on 3
              Gaddafi is still alive so if you lose that one I'll take 3 and we can call it even.

Comment

Did I miss any?
                Yes you missed one!
                you forgot to say "So what we have here is three "conspiracy" theories"

Why it concerns you that much why it was done rather than who were the doers? Why always people ask who was the responsible, was it the French or the English or was it the Germans or the Turks or the Kurds? Times and times again it was proven that it doesn’t matter who did it or why it was done all these governments and even religions were infiltrated by Masonic agents and waited till the time is right to push their evil agenda. I can’t say exactly all their hidden agendas, but few of them are pretty evident, one of them is world dominance (energy, finance) the other one is they are satanic and anti God (God of goodness and light) and they want to make the world their playground and everyone plays by their rules.

Do some researches and see who was behind the French revolution, who was behind the Bolshevik revolution, who were behind the Russian holocaust, and some even say the same people were behind J3wish Holocaust. See how the Rothschilds infiltrated the British Royal families, and other European Royal families.

Now a smart arss will come and ask this as usual. “you wanted to say we should forgive the turks because it wasn’t really them the responsible?”
                The answer to that question is: they were involved in this big crime so they are responsible, so does the perpetrators or anybody that conspired in it.

Comment

^^ The only conspiracy theory is number 1.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

What about these "Shriners" with the Turkish Fez hats.... some sort of Masonic Order that belong to the "Murat Shrine" http://www.muratshrine.org/

Here is their symbol:

Comment

• Re: History of the Armenian Genocide

^^ The only conspiracy theory is number 1.
                      This was really convincing to me, the missing link and was exactly the answer I was looking for all these years. Now I’m a changed man, I changed my mind about the whole thing and can go on with my life. thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X