Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of the Armenian Genocide

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: History of the Armenian Genocide

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    The Europeans, just as any other country, played to their interests. The Germans had more of a role in the actual Genocide than any of the other European powers at the time. The French, didn't do much to protect the Armenians in Cilicia, and the brits have never been pro Armenia. I suspect the rothschild rivalry for control of baku oil vis a vis Mantashev may have been an influence on the british government but it's no more than speculation.

What I disagree with is the notion that the turks are less gulity or not as bad as the Europeans, or that the Europeans directly encouraged the turks to kill off the Armenians.
    Well obviously it was the Young Turks who enforced the anti Armenian campaign but they were brought to power with the help of outside influences. They didn't serve the people of the Ottoman Empire much like the U.S. Empire today doesn't serve the interest of the American people.

Direct blame goes to Turks and Kurds who carried out the Genocide against the Armenians but you can't just wash the dirty hands of the people that funded it as they provided the resources to carry it out.

I'd hate to call it like it is but the reason why there isn't as much animosity towards Kurds as Turks within the Armenian sphere is because the Kurds have nothing to give as their occupation of Armenian lands is still under Turkish domain.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-27-2011, 10:45 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I'd hate to call it like it is but the reason why there isn't as much animosity towards Kurds as Turks within the Armenian sphere is because the Kurds have nothing to give as their occupation of Armenian lands is still under Turkish domain.
      Your point on the contrary should make Armenians feel just as much animosity towards Kurds as to Turks since they will be a bigger obstacle in the future of our liberation of Western Armenia than the Turks given how they live and breed there like rabbits.

The reason why Armenians don't give a fuk about the Kurds is because they didn't plan the genocide, they were used as tools, they currently recognise the AG (of course, we all know why) and we want them to bring the Turkish government to its knees and vice versa, weaken each other, shouneh shounin miseh togh oudeh.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Your point on the contrary should make Armenians feel just as much animosity towards Kurds as to Turks since they will be a bigger obstacle in the future of our liberation of Western Armenia than the Turks given how they live and breed there like rabbits.

The reason why Armenians don't give a fuk about the Kurds is because they didn't plan the genocide, they were used as tools, they currently recognise the AG (of course, we all know why) and we want them to bring the Turkish government to its knees and vice versa, weaken each other, shouneh shounin miseh togh oudeh.
        That's what I was implying, the Turks own the Kurds so the problem will eventually solve itself when the Kurds attempt to escape the domain of the Turks. When time comes to pay debts, the payments are usually life threatening.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

If anyone wants to learn more about the Berlin to Baghdad railway, I've found a book on its history and if you look hard enough you can find an ebook. If you can't, feel free to msg me and I'll be glad to send you a link.

As the first study to document the Baghdad Railway construction rather than the rhetoric surrounding it, this work challenges nearly a century of scholarship on German imperialism and Ottoman decline. McMurray unearths the fascinating, intercultural dimension of the railway and provides a comprehensive, detailed account of the Ottoman contribution. His work denies the German character of the railway by showing it to be an exclusively Ottoman enterprise designed by German engineers, funded by international capital, and built by a veritable army of Ottoman subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
            You put into words exactly what I was thinking/feeling this afternoon after hearing 10-15 different "Armenians" speaking Turkish to one another. I totally agree with you. I've met a minority of bolsahyes who agree as well. I'm glad to see there are more bolsahyes with your attitude.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but how is it "survival" when bolsahyes come to America and Canada and their household language is Turkish?

Thank you for your support dear brother, indeed I am really very sad about those armenians who lives in Istanbul like a turk.
            If a armenian has real armenian blood in his blood vessels, can't think and feel like a turk, speak only turkish everywhere, can't love the turkish culture, listening whole day only turkish music and watching turkish tv.
            To have only an armenian firstname or surname, to visit an armenian church several times a year, without understanding one word during "badarak" is not enough to be an armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayayrun View Post
              Thank you for your support dear brother, indeed I am really very sad about those armenians who lives in Istanbul like a turk.
              If a armenian has real armenian blood in his blood vessels, can't think and feel like a turk, speak only turkish everywhere, can't love the turkish culture, listening whole day only turkish music and watching turkish tv.
              To have only an armenian firstname or surname, to visit an armenian church several times a year, without understanding one word during "badarak" is not enough to be an armenian.
              Turkish music and tv is nothing more than American music and tv with Turkish words. Turkish culture is stolen from Armenians and Greeks and every other culture that lived in Anatolia. There are also a million Turkish citizens that have Armenian blood from children that were orphaned and stolen and raised by Turks. Turkey isn't even a Turkish state, it's a fake country that transformed to fool its own people. Turks should be ashamed to support their government that lies to little Turkish children about their heritage.

Comment

No, I think maybe the answers are too simplistic. Perhaps if you provided more detail.
                "Armenian genocide was decided in August 1910 and October 1911, by a Young Turk committee composed entirely of displaced Balkan xxxs in the format of a syncretist xxxish-Muslim sect which included Talaat, Enver, Behaeddin Shakir, Jemal, and Nizam posting as Muslims. It met in the Rothschild-funded Grand Orient loge/hotel of Salonika."
                If you like to read the whole thing.

I know some people will say that’s not a reliable source, but it is quoted from a book called “Inner Folds of the Ottoman Revolution” it’s not what he thinks how it happened.
                To other people that judge without even reading or read but don’t want to understand, I can say only this: You can take a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                  If you like to read the whole thing.

I know some people will say that’s not a reliable source, but it is quoted from a book called “Inner Folds of the Ottoman Revolution” it’s not what he thinks how it happened.
                  To other people that judge without even reading or read but don’t want to understand, I can say only this: You can take a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink.

I've read that piece and others by Jack Manuelian. I like his stuff. I thought you were going to connect the british with it too, as in their government had an overt role in it, or even covert one.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I've read that piece and others by Jack Manuelian. I like his stuff. I thought you were going to connect the british with it too, as in their government had an overt role in it, or even covert one.
                    Aside from the British royalties having blood ties with the ruling German authorities... heard of family feuds before but I'd say being on opposite ends of a world war is rather suspicious.

David Lloyd George had his reasons for why the British abandoned Armenians.....

However, there were other reasons for the abandonment of Armenia too. Lloyd George later confessed, “Oil outweighed the blood of Armenians.” Similarly, the aforementioned Oliver Baldwin, suggested that Armenia would not have been deserted had there been oil wells there.

“ It was the actions of the British government that led to the massacres of 1894-96, 1909 and worst of all, the Holocaust of 1915”. Yet the British Government has failed, and still is failing in addressing their role in these wrongs."

http://www.armenian-genocide.info/20...july-1923.html
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
                      Same way it's survival when Armenians in America only know how to speak English.
                      Trust me, I agree with you here. Assimilation into any foreign culture is never good for us, but its especially disgusting when we abandon our culture in order to perpetuate one which directly tried to wipe ours away and continues to do so.

Originally posted by KanadaHye
                      Psychologically if you want to succeed, you have to blend in as much as possible. The difference being an Armenian in Turkey is more like an African American in America. You're already born with a disability.
                      I still cannot see a reason why bolsahyes living in America would use Turkish as the main language in the household, for generation after generation. Practically all BeirutaHyes today were Western Armenians who lived under Turks for over 600 years, and almost all Beirutahye families knew how to speak Turkish when they settled in Lebanon after the genocide. However, you won't see Beirutahyes speaking Turkish or Arabic in their households. In fact, the Turkish language among BeirutaHyes went extinct in just 1 generation. So I wonder what the deal is with most bolsahyes who move out of Turkey and are still unable to get rid of these old habits.

Originally posted by Hayayrun
                      Amen.

Comment

Working...
                      X