Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Opinions of a Turk, or two (hi from Turkey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cemil
    My estimation inside kemalism concept is, probably when there were 1.000.000 armenians, there were 1000 churchs; when there is 50.000 armenians churchs will be reduced in the same ratio.

If there is another reason, its probably because of anti-kemalist, anti-republican government of today. Which tries to apply imperialst EU aims on the country.
    There were actually between 2500 to 3000 churches. Does that mean you think the Armenian population of Turkey was once 2.5 million?
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• List of Turkish-paid "Historians" -
      -------------------------------------------------

Next, let us examine the background of these 69 - "the majority of American
      academic experts on the late Ottoman history".

All of the signatories of the ad have at some time studied, taught or written
      about some aspects of Turkey -- history, anthropology, linguistics, literature,
      political science, or folklore.-
      Dear Armenian friend,i have read your posting.Please let me to make some comments on...

"They studied,taught or.... about Turkey." I could not see any wrong thing here.Did they sign someting about American Civil War irrelevant to their studies? They had to be politician or parliamentarian or artist?

But an analysis of their areas of expertise reveals a striking fact:
      of the 69 signatories, only 8 are concerned solely with the 20th Century, the
      period encompassing the Armenian genocide. Another 10 are scholars of the 19th
      and 20th Century. Put together, only 26% of the signatories are scholars on
      the broad subject of pre-republican Turkish history during the 19th and 20th
      Centuries....
      Dear Winnoman,i think you are touching the crux of the all problem;Now,the issue is being dealt with by irrelevant people not even historians having particular expertise for the period,but statesmen ,politicians,parliamentarians...

Here,you criticize the case of not being historians on the specific term.I am sure that you are questioning genocide claims of irrelevant people to the specific term! For example,what dou you think about Hitler,Churchil,L. George,Morgenhtau .....? These were not even historians...

A significant number of the "scholars" have received fellowships and/or grants
      from pro-Turkish organizations to conduct their research.
      Dear Winnoman,is taking grant/fellowship an evidence in order to claim ; "this is an "ad" or "lie" ?

If your reply is to be "yes".... then, lets we examine pro-armenian historians' backround....

After the publication of the "ad",....
      Please let me continue...

Ok.This can be an ad or sincere opinions.But,the reality is that all historians were intimidated,threatened afterwards... only a handful of them dared to resist... the result for them has been the end of his careers because of Armenian loby in America.

My personal view:

Now,Turkey proposes of an international comission of historians from all over the world.But,Armenian government turns a blind eye to this...Why?

They prefer leaving the issue to "parliaments" ... !

Comment

• I only know , before WW1 number of armenian member of parliaments was 14.

the rule was 1 member for 100.000 people. so in our resources ,estimated armenian population is between 1.3-1.4 million.

I have no knowladge about churches.

Comment

• Victor Hugo once said that "the murder of a man in Europe is a crime and is punished by the capital punishment of the murderer: Whereas the massacre of thousands of Christians by Turks in the East is only an 'event' and none of the murderers is punished in any way."

And the famous French politician and historian Louis Adolphe Theirs said regarding the Sick man of Europe, "The sick man will die soon, but its corpse will stink up all of Europe for 50 years to come".
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well, you were the one that mentioned churches.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• no one whispered to us "this may be a genocide" I SAID! we have always had ONE STORY and only ONE STORY! but for the turks, stories change with time...

if you are such great muslims then why do you let the US come and put their weapons in your country? why are you helping the US kill more muslims...???

it is YOU who is hear talking to us... we are not in your forum... we are not trying to convince you... YOU DECIDED to come to a forum called "ARMENIANCLUB" and you decided to post your rehtoric... this forum isnt called the turkishclub... DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING? CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?

YOU are after us... we ARE NOT! after you...

and

we do not have lobbyists that make politics... the armenians have a total population all over the world of about 5 million... you keep fighting us, but you cant fight us we hold the truth, we are the bearers of the TRUTH! and thats why you are here in this forum, and thats why your people make up their own versions of history, and thats why you will always be known as tyrants...

it is in GERMANY of all places where they know why HITLER thought no one would care about the holocuats... he did say "Who today remembers the extermination of the Armenians?"

WE DO! the whole world does, MUSEUMS (NONE AREMANIAN) filled with FACTS about the genocide...

tkem yeresit trki vastak
              Last edited by nunechka; 05-10-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• and i see these great advertisments about "visiting" turkey... well, its nice of you to advertise for your country but DONT PUT the OLDEST standing building which has ARMENIAN LETTERS INSCRIBED on it [americans cant read it since it is in ARMENIAN] (usually were we performed out Mataghner) and say its ancient turkey?

the words ancient and turkey cannot go together considering that turks only have a history of about ~800+ years... ARMENIANS! on the other hand have a history of MORE THEN 3,000 YEARS!

and the words CHURCHES and turks dont go together?

lets see -
                visitor: hey turks how did you get so MANY churches in your country? and why are you breaking them down?
                turk: umm ancient turks were christians, ancient turks, ancient turks,,, i dont know... ok? are you armenian? you will never leave turky if you are...

and why do you have rules for armenian in turkey right now? about how they cannot leave the country with their wealth? if an armenian perosn wants to move out they cannot take their money with them... and if an armenian person starts to take a lot of moeny out of the banks the turksih government watch over them like HAWKS and they will have a visitor from the militia? WHY? WHY? WHY IS THE TURKISH GOVERNMENT STILL MISTREATING ITS ARMENIAN POPULATION?! WHY?!!!

answer these questions - this isnt even about a genocide...

Comment

I can think of another thing of which you have no knowladge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Brigade
                    .No Armenian ever lived happy under the Ottoman tyrany.I know that you are afraid of us.You are afraid because your end is coming..
                    you dont know anything about reals.ARmenians was Millet-i sadıka(loyal community)you were happy because armenians were like a Turkish citizen.they were deputy in Ottoman assembly.

and Turkey is there and Turkey will be there also in doomsday dont worry.we can beat all world again if they attack us and we can get all Asia,Europe and Africa Again like Ottomans.all world need to peace like İn Ottoman centurys

Comment

• Originally posted by nuneckhs
                      and why do you have rules for armenian in turkey right now? about how they cannot leave the country with their wealth? if an armenian perosn wants to move out they cannot take their money with them... and if an armenian person starts to take a lot of moeny out of the banks the turksih government watch over them like HAWKS and they will have a visitor from the militia? WHY? WHY? WHY IS THE TURKISH GOVERNMENT STILL MISTREATING ITS ARMENIAN POPULATION?! WHY?!!!

answer these questions - this isnt even about a genocide...

firstly we are in this forum because we want to say you reals.your brains heve washed with some wrong STORYS you can go Turkish forums that about lie genocide but there isn't any.because we dont care about lie history.

than while you were leaving from anatolia we were helping you like building up a hospital for contagious illness.and we have posted letters some Eurpoen countries.and Spain decided to sent you patetoes.they have sent it because England didnt let to do it because Turkish soldiers were shareing their foods with armenians.so our food would finish and Turkish soldiers could be hungry and could die.so England didnt let.

finally you dont read our posts thereis every thing in Turkish posts.pleas read dont be fixed idean man.read,compare,ask and try to understand pls

Comment

Working...
                      X