Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do you want revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Brigade
    Vatepti your Turkish soulemate just recognised the Armenian Genocide and as well recognised that you illegaly occupy foreign lands , and finaly that you are a nation of barbarians.What is your comment on that?
    While UN accuse Armenia with invading and illegally occupying part of Azerbaijan, it is interesting to hear these kind of things from you.
    You are a current invader of your east neighbour and you are planning to invade your west neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by vatepiti
      While UN accuse Armenia with invading and illegally occupying part of Azerbaijan, it is interesting to hear these kind of things from you.
      You are a current invader of your east neighbour and you are planning to invade your west neighbours.
      No my little friend,UN doesnt accuse Armenia for anything simply because Armenia as a state never officaly invaded anywhere.Garabakh won its independence alone , against the entire Azeri Army.
      After all who wants to change the status quo and cause troubles.

Comment

OK, winoman. Lets talk seriously.
        May I ask you a question that I honestly want to learn the answer? It is about my first post of genocide.
        Why did France approve 1915 as genocide at their parliement since they still deny what they did to Algerians?
        Answer:
        1. They did it because they are guillty to involve the real genocide and feel them guilty.
        2. They want to have the votes of Armenian community in France. Nowadays they started to do it again because of the EU constitution votes became critical.
        There is no relation to these events whatsoever - though it is interesting how well you parrot the current Turkish partyline.

What I seriously want to ask you is why - if the Turkish PM is calling for scholars to get together and discuss the Genocide that a conference among Turkish academics (to be held in Istanbul) to do just that was cancelled yesterday by the Justce Minister under charges of "treason". How can this call by your PM be serious without open debate and discussion? Just what is Turkey afraid of? I say that the Turkish PM is entirely not interested in such a discussion by scholars but is instead attempting to divert the EU by saying - see we are honestly looking into this - when in fact he and your fellow Turks have no interest in facts or the truth but instead will only accept your pre-concieved politicaly easy explanations that exonerate the Turks when the actual truth is far from this. So what do you say to this mr answer man?

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
          There is no relation to these events whatsoever - though it is interesting how well you parrot the current Turkish partyline.

What I seriously want to ask you is why - if the Turkish PM is calling for scholars to get together and discuss the Genocide that a conference among Turkish academics (to be held in Istanbul) to do just that was cancelled yesterday by the Justce Minister under charges of "treason". How can this call by your PM be serious without open debate and discussion? Just what is Turkey afraid of? I say that the Turkish PM is entirely not interested in such a discussion by scholars but is instead attempting to divert the EU by saying - see we are honestly looking into this - when in fact he and your fellow Turks have no interest in facts or the truth but instead will only accept your pre-concieved politicaly easy explanations that exonerate the Turks when the actual truth is far from this. So what do you say to this mr answer man?
          that conference planned for to show up as a small group. turkish government didnt stop or cancel it. turkish government just talked against it. even did not threat.
          they canceled, because they also planned to cancel.. provocate and cancel it. if you are a bit smart, and if you follow news you can understand it easyly

Comment

There are two things that you like to behave.
            1. Playing the victim and equest symphaty from western world.
            2. Related to this, show Turks barbarian.
            I can't struggle with your prejudices about Turks and Turkey.
            I can say that no PM in Turkey is cancelled any conference. Besides that, nowadays it is ambitiously argued in Turkey whether 1915 was a genocide. And none of the academicians, intellectuals, etc. advocating your ideas are forced to anything.
            There are a lot of Armenian writers books advocating your ideas translated and published in Turkey. People can freely read them. (Dadrian, Morgenthau,etc.)
            But whatever I say will not change your minds and you will continue to parrot same stereotype like Turks are barbarians, they killed us, poor us,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eMachine
              that conference planned for to show up as a small group. turkish government didnt stop or cancel it. turkish government just talked against it. even did not threat.
              they canceled, because they also planned to cancel.. provocate and cancel it. if you are a bit smart, and if you follow news you can understand it easyly
              What? I find it funny that you and many of the Turks who come here can't seem to employ any kind of logical thought process in what you write or claim to be true...

First Conference by Turkish Scholars on the Armenian Genocide in Istanbul
              Postponed (Cancelled?) by Government

Istanbul, Turkey -- During May 25-27, 2005, there was to be a conference
              organized at Bogaziçi University. The hosts of the conference are the
              Comparative Literature Department of Bilgi University, the History
              Department of Bogaziçi University and the History Program at Sabanci
              University. The title of the conference was "Ottoman Armenians during the
              Decline of the Empire: Issues of Scientific Responsibility and Democracy."
              Only Turkish scholars from around the world were invited to participate in
              this conference, notably those who dispute the Turkish Government's version
              of the events of 1915, which other countries recognize as the planned
              Armenian Genocide.

This was an unprecedented, major, international conference. According to the
              organizers, it was "time, ninety years after 1915, this tragic event in the
              history of our country, for Turkey's own academics and intellectuals to
              collectively raise their voices that differ from that of the official state
              thesis.."

At the opening of the conference, the President of Sabanci University, Dr.
              ?, announced suddenly, to the great consternation of all present, that the
              conference was postponed.

The day before, Turkish Justice Minister Cemil Cicek accused those who
              organized and participated in the conference of treason, calling them
              traitors to their country. He condemned the initiative as a blow to
              government efforts to counter a mounting Armenian campaign to have the
              killings recognized internationally as genocide.

"This is a stab in the back to the Turkish nation. this is
              irresponsibility," the Anatolian News Agency quotes Cicek as saying at a
              parliamentary debate.

"We must put an end to this cycle of treason and insult, of spreading
              propaganda against the nation by people who belong to it
              ," he added.
              All of this calls into question the letter sent by Turkish Prime Minister
              Recep Tayyip Erdogan only a few weeks ago to the President of Armenia,
              Robert Kocharyan, calling for a joint commission on the Armenian issue. If
              Turkish scholars, themselves, are not allowed to discuss this issue, without
              the participation of scholars of other nationalities, how could such a joint
              commission ever work?

Comment

What? I find it funny that you and many of the Turks who come here can't seem to employ any kind of logical thought process in what you write or claim to be true...

First Conference by Turkish Scholars on the Armenian Genocide in Istanbul
                Postponed (Cancelled?) by Government

Istanbul, Turkey -- During May 25-27, 2005, there was to be a conference
                organized at Bogaziçi University. The hosts of the conference are the
                Comparative Literature Department of Bilgi University, the History
                Department of Bogaziçi University and the History Program at Sabanci
                University. The title of the conference was "Ottoman Armenians during the
                Decline of the Empire: Issues of Scientific Responsibility and Democracy."
                Only Turkish scholars from around the world were invited to participate in
                this conference, notably those who dispute the Turkish Government's version
                of the events of 1915, which other countries recognize as the planned
                Armenian Genocide.

This was an unprecedented, major, international conference. According to the
                organizers, it was "time, ninety years after 1915, this tragic event in the
                history of our country, for Turkey's own academics and intellectuals to
                collectively raise their voices that differ from that of the official state
                thesis.."

At the opening of the conference, the President of Sabanci University, Dr.
                ?, announced suddenly, to the great consternation of all present, that the
                conference was postponed.

The day before, Turkish Justice Minister Cemil Cicek accused those who
                organized and participated in the conference of treason, calling them
                traitors to their country. He condemned the initiative as a blow to
                government efforts to counter a mounting Armenian campaign to have the
                killings recognized internationally as genocide.

"This is a stab in the back to the Turkish nation. this is
                irresponsibility," the Anatolian News Agency quotes Cicek as saying at a
                parliamentary debate.

"We must put an end to this cycle of treason and insult, of spreading
                propaganda against the nation by people who belong to it
                ," he added.
                All of this calls into question the letter sent by Turkish Prime Minister
                Recep Tayyip Erdogan only a few weeks ago to the President of Armenia,
                Robert Kocharyan, calling for a joint commission on the Armenian issue. If
                Turkish scholars, themselves, are not allowed to discuss this issue, without
                the participation of scholars of other nationalities, how could such a joint
                commission ever work?
                do you really respect these Turks who arranges conferences and admit genocide??? please answer me.

Comment

Originally posted by eMachine
                  do you really respect these Turks who arranges conferences and admit genocide??? please answer me.
                  Is this a serious question?

Let me ask you - have you ever actually read anything that any of these academics and historians as ever written? If the answer is no - then you have no basis to comment. If the answer is yes - then address the issues they raise. Calling someone a traitor and claiming that their views deserve no respect just doesn't cut it - but it is quite typical and is symptomatic of the Turkish sickness concerning this issue...

Comment

There are two things that you like to behave.
                    1. Playing the victim and equest symphaty from western world.
                    2. Related to this, show Turks barbarian.
                    I can't struggle with your prejudices about Turks and Turkey.
                    I can say that no PM in Turkey is cancelled any conference. Besides that, nowadays it is ambitiously argued in Turkey whether 1915 was a genocide. And none of the academicians, intellectuals, etc. advocating your ideas are forced to anything.
                    There are a lot of Armenian writers books advocating your ideas translated and published in Turkey. People can freely read them. (Dadrian, Morgenthau,etc.)
                    But whatever I say will not change your minds and you will continue to parrot same stereotype like Turks are barbarians, they killed us, poor us,etc.
                    unworthy of comment - you deluded idiot

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Let me ask you - have you ever actually read anything that any of these academics and historians as ever written? If the answer is no - then you have no basis to comment. If the answer is yes - then address the issues they raise. Calling someone a traitor and claiming that their views deserve no respect just doesn't cut it - but it is quite typical and is symptomatic of the Turkish sickness concerning this issue...
                      no, im asking a serious question.

Orhan Pamuk or Turkish University Proffessors who admits and respects to Armenians, Armenian genocide.
                      What do you think about Orhan Pamuk or others? please answer me, are they brave? friendly with armenians? respects you? or why they do it?

Comment

Working...
                      X