Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions Of Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my side, goodbye forever to all ‘unofficial’ genocide discussions

For the ones who continiusly insult Turks and Turkey, and create an industry for that,even scientists talk about being harsh ..well **** all of you and know that everyone knows to insult.

For the ones who consider themselves wise like winoman and bell the cat, you need better discussions with your selves inside your brain, better attempts to understand what is democracy and human rights, and you need to study global history better.

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
      But this can not be considered as racism because when they use this word they don't use it to insult Armenians.
      I suppose, considering they probably haven't seen a single Armenian in the past 90 years, this is technically correct. No matter what one says about them, can one be racist against, for example, Tokelauans if one is never likely to meet one? But, neverthless, it reveals the mindset of the people using that sort of language.

During the 1990s Kurdish PKK fighters were described in the Turkish press as "acting like Armenians". The meaning was slightly different amongst ordinary Turks/Kurds though - they didn't consider the word "Armenian" to represent an ethnic group at all - but a type of person who did particular things. Therefore, according to those those opposed the PKK, the PKK actually were Armenians.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Congratulations. Great post cemil...

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
          Saying that there is nothing to talk concerning Genocide is not at all respectful to Armenians and it also displyas an ignorance based on national/racial pride that flys in the face of all evidence.
          Really? Why is then OK for the jews to not want to talk about their alleged drama of WWII? What about their display of ignorance based on national/racial/religious pride that flys in the face of all evidence?

Looks like more double standards to me!
          [SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]"First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today...” — Yitzhak Shamir[/COLOR]ZE][/SI]

Comment

Originally posted by Pamooshjian
            Really? Why is then OK for the jews to not want to talk about their alleged drama of WWII? What about their display of ignorance based on national/racial/religious pride that flys in the face of all evidence?

Looks like more double standards to me!

? Are you a (Grey wolf) Turk? You certainly talk exactly like one. I want to point out to those readingn your crap - no matter what the subject or issue - you will use it as a platform to attack Jews. And that you say "alleged" and such. I really do hop that the moderators here figure you out and boot you out of here before you turn this forum into another one of your hate filled cesspools.

Comment

Cemil - just by reapeating very poorly thought out and untrue turkish propoganda and so-called scholorship does not make it true.

Even your buddy McCarthy states that Armenian nationalism was a failure. You fail to understand that the Sultan reacted to the forced reforms by drastically increasing repression of Armenians - that he loosed nomadic Kurdih warlords and Circassians on them. Armenian parties were generated to promote reforms - to draw attention to the fact that the Sultan was reneging on his promisses. The various underlying machinations going on from all sides and concerning the European powers are to much to explain here in this limited spae - but i suggest you read some real analysis and not just rely on Turkish inaccurate simplifications. The Sultan and Muslim (in general) inability to adapt and change - government and social wise is the root cause of these problems. Any nationalism that developed among Ottoman minorites was fueled by this. And any violence was in response to repressive measures by the Sultan to curb expression and prohibit any change.

And of course rthe most inaccurate part of your presentation is the rationalization of the "deportations". - compleyely and totally fictional having no real bearing on what actually occured...
              Last edited by winoman; 07-13-2005, 07:30 AM.

Comment

yeah and where does raping girls work into Turkish self defense argument.

Comment

Hey karoaper.Aya Sofya(Hagia Soyfa) is not a mosque.İt's a museum my friend.We Turks live in Republic of Turkey not in Ottoman Empire.You must search for how many churches Ottoman Empire built not to how many they changed to mosque.I think the problem is that you like believe your provoker history books.We Turks never did any genocide in our history and we weren't nomadic unmodern poeple.After all you must read little aout our(Turks) history.And you'll see that our grandfather Attila went Front of Roma's city wall with his huge horsemen army.So how can unmodern community can do this.Don't be comedian poeple here.How you now İslam had it's golden age.You now Emevi Empire which was racist and they called in their history Muslums but they are just torturer people.Their army hold by force Turkish cities.And they killed a lot of Turks.Then they took our scientist to Arabia.So Turkish scientists took İslam to Golden Age.(7. century to 10. century)Just I think we all people in the world don't like reading neutral books.You are Armenian and you must proud for it and I'm Turk and I proud of it.İt looks like no problem ha?So stop these unfriendly and lier propaganda.Be our friends like 1000 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Türküm
                    Hey karoaper.Aya Sofya(Hagia Soyfa) is not a mosque.İt's a museum my friend.We Turks live in Republic of Turkey not in Ottoman Empire.You must search for how many churches Ottoman Empire built not to how many they changed to mosque.I think the problem is that you like believe your provoker history books.We Turks never did any genocide in our history and we weren't nomadic unmodern poeple.After all you must read little aout our(Turks) history.And you'll see that our grandfather Attila went Front of Roma's city wall with his huge horsemen army.So how can unmodern community can do this.Don't be comedian poeple here.How you now İslam had it's golden age.You now Emevi Empire which was racist and they called in their history Muslums but they are just torturer people.Their army hold by force Turkish cities.And they killed a lot of Turks.Then they took our scientist to Arabia.So Turkish scientists took İslam to Golden Age.(7. century to 10. century)Just I think we all people in the world don't like reading neutral books.You are Armenian and you must proud for it and I'm Turk and I proud of it.İt looks like no problem ha?So stop these unfriendly and lier propaganda.Be our friends like 1000 years ago!
                    Turkum, I expressely checked your age because I knew for sure you are a little baby. And you are. Certainly your ideas and knowledge are that of a little baby. You're too young and will need to grow up more and learn more about the history of your own people and history of your people's crimes done to Armenians. I'm afraid though that you will become (if you haven't become already) yet another blind nationalist, who will readily take to teachings that it was the Armenians' fault for the Genocide and that it was simply a "punishment", made in self-defense, for killing innocent Turks, that Armenians betrayed their brothers the Turks, and so on and so forth. When this transformation from a child to a brutal unfeeling Genocide justifier has been complete, you will become my enemy, a sworn one.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      Turkum, I expressely checked your age because I knew for sure you are a little baby. And you are. Certainly your ideas and knowledge are that of a little baby. You're too young and will need to grow up more and learn more about the history of your own people and history of your people's crimes done to Armenians. I'm afraid though that you will become (if you haven't become already) yet another blind nationalist, who will readily take to teachings that it was the Armenians' fault for the Genocide and that it was simply a "punishment", made in self-defense, for killing innocent Turks, that Armenians betrayed their brothers the Turks, and so on and so forth. When this transformation from a child to a brutal unfeeling Genocide justifier has been complete, you will become my enemy, a sworn one.
                      nice response...

Comment

Working...
                      X