Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions Of Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turks must have respect for somethings, such as if Turkey's existance caused some people to leave thir homelands.

There is languages, traditions, music, food etc..shared by all people of anatolia.. if some of them had to leave here, and normally feel homesick, Turks must respect this situation and dont have ignorant enmity.

Nothing more than that, there is nothing to talk under title genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by cemil
      Turks must have respect for somethings, such as if Turkey's existance caused some people to leave thir homelands.

There is languages, traditions, music, food etc..shared by all people of anatolia.. if some of them had to leave here, and normally feel homesick, Turks must respect this situation and dont have ignorant enmity.

Nothing more than that, there is nothing to talk under title genocide.
      Saying that there is nothing to talk concerning Genocide is not at all respectful to Armenians and it also displyas an ignorance based on national/racial pride that flys in the face of all evidence. I agree that the peoples of Anatolia shared much in common - for many hundreds of years - interacted daily and were all citizens of the same Ottoman Empire. I consider my own background practically as much Ottoman (in a sense) as Armenian - sort of - Anatolian certainly. Anyway - unfortunatly Turks did a bit more then drive people from their homes - certainly they did this - and in great numbers - but they mercilessly killed and slaughtered a great many as well - and for dubious reasons that had little to do with any provocation on the part of the Armenians and other Christians - and certainly not due to any military provocation - this is a lie and distortion. If you wish our respect and the respect of humanity - you will make an attempt to look at these events and understand them - seperate the propoganda claims from the facts - and make a real heartfelt outreach to Armenians understanding what occured to all of us based on your nation's descent into depravity, paranoia and desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
        Well nowadays not the "islamic government" but you are the extremist people in Turkey. And I thing that AKP is far away better than what we saw before, Tansu Ciller, Mesut Yilmaz, Devlet Bahceli, etc.

you will see what is AKP...you know sometimes i wish we killed 1.5 muslims instead of armenians... we would be in a better shape by now... corretction..all of them in a row would work maybe (not Armenians)
        Last edited by Otto; 06-23-2005, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
          you will see what is AKP...you know sometimes i wish we killed 1.5 muslims instead of armenians... we would be in a better shape by now... corretction..all of them in a row would work maybe (not Armenians)
          The problem is not Islam. The problem is the Turkish mindset that hasn't evolved from the nomadic, kill-as-you-go, subjicate-all-others culture. Armenia was under muslim Arabs for 400 years. It was considered one of the more peaceful times in our History. Not one forced conversion, not one conversion of a church to a mosque, not one massacre. We as people were respected. Turks rather than be changed by Islam gave their own iterpretation to it. Even Islam was something just for the Turks. That explains why your country brought with it the end to the golden age of Islam, by sucking the life out of all the other regions of the empire. The first thing you do when you enter Constantinople is change Haigha Sofia into a mosque. This is very wrong according to islam. And 100s such conversions have happened through out your history. The fact remains that Turks from the get-go caused a HUGE clash of civilizations in the whole region. So, please don't blame it on something external (as usual). Don't pretend that it was Islam that corrupted the benevolent Turkish heart. It was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
            You're an idiot. No more needs to be said. Except that it may be genetic. Hence nothing you can do about it.
            Read the rules that are posted in the announcements forum. Insult people again and you'll be suspended.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
              Reminds me of the time I was with a group of American Armenians outside a derelict Armenian church in a village near Malatya now lived in by Kurds. One of the American women gave some sweets to 2 or 3 little children who were hanging around the minibus, looking cute and curious. Within minutes there were about 100 children and teenagers mobbing around the minibus, grasping for sweets and money. She said to me "I wonder if the Turks now think 'maybe we killed the wrong ones' ".
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                Armenia was under muslim Arabs for 400 years. It was considered one of the more peaceful times in our History. Not one forced conversion, not one conversion of a church to a mosque, not one massacre. We as people were respected.
                That is just jaw-droppingly inaccurate.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  That is just jaw-droppingly inaccurate.
                  That is just a jaw-droppingly abscure and general statement. It would help to specify which part was not accurate, rather than deal in dramatics.
                  Last edited by karoaper; 06-24-2005, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
                    Well, what I wrote before were about the inferiority complexes, identity problems and obsessive Turkish hatred and racism of diasporan Armenians.
                    And I thought that what you wrote before revealed your nation's inferiority complexes, identity problems and obsessive hatred of and racism against Armenians (and against anyone Turkey disagrees with).
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      That is just a jaw-droppingly abscure and general statement. It would help to specify which part was not accurate, rather than deal in dramatics.
                      It is your statement that was both general and non-specific! Read any basic history book and you will see that the long Arab occupation of Armenia was anything but a paradise. Or don't read, and remain in "abscurity".
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X