Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama Recognizes Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama Recognizes Armenian Genocide

dont waste our time. Armenia is a mafia ruled state and armenians absolutely will not let any armenian to refuse AG. A mafia ruled state does not need 301.

We are not as stupid as you think.(Or you are.)

ROA absolute need more democracy than Turkey. So It would be better If armenians interest with their own country instead of wasting their energy to Turkey democracy. Their mind is not healty.
    Last edited by Palavra; 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

So people in Armenia should deny the Genocide...right, and why are you on the forum?

Trust me your government is far more stupid than I think amigo.

And I'd rather live with the mafia than in the Empire of His Holiness Mustafa, who has taken the place of Islam as Turkey's main religion

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So people in Armenia should deny the Genocide...right,
        I did not say they should deny my friend. I just said that They cannot. It is related with freedom to choose deny or accept.

And I'd rather live with the mafia than in the Empire of His Holiness Mustafa, who has taken the place of Islam as Turkey's main religion
        I dont care whereever You live. Infact, I even agree with you. You must live at ROA instead of Turkey. But It is bad, a lot armenians prefer otherwise.

Trust me your government is far more stupid than I think amigo.
        You dont know anything about my goverment. It may be stupid but you had not enough knowledge to comment about it.

and why are you on the forum?
        I am here because I am having fun not to kiss your ass or make you happy..Anyway, why are you on the forum?

Comment

I joined in Aug to learn about the Armenian Genocide and help push for its international recognition, alot of people here in South Africa do not know about the Armenian Genocide, also people in my mother/fatherlands don't know much about it either (Mexico and Ireland, fyi)

Genocide denials = Hate Speech = Racism,
          rightfully its banned.

I know well enough what your government does, Bloody Sunday, Takism square, I apologise dudes arrested

Comment

I joined in Aug to learn about the Armenian Genocide
            Read book. I am not sure If you aware of fact that this is a forum not a historian club. Reading a lot book will help you more. Just a friendly advise.

alot of people here in South Africa do not know about the Armenian Genocide, also people in my mother/fatherlands don't know much about it either (Mexico and Ireland, fyi)
            So what? do you think they realy care about what happened at eastern anatolia? Personally, I do not care much what happened at mexico or ireland.

Genocide denials = Hate Speech = Racism,
            rightfully its banned.
            Bla bla bla. I have every right to decide my opinion. So If you do not like my opinion, You had no alternative but accept my freedom of speech.. Otherwise, dont talk about democracy and waste our time.

Also, Having different idea about history has no relation with hate speech. what the hell. dont built a building from fart.

I know well enough what your government does, Bloody Sunday, Takism square, I apologise dudes arrested
            Bla bla. 1960 is not enough. We should go 1915 and you can see more bloody history. So what? History is history, nothing more.

Comment

Bla bla bla. I have every right to decide my opinion. So If you do not like my opinion, You had no alternative but accept my freedom of speech.. Otherwise, dont talk about democracy and waste our time.
              Perhaps. But it is very funny that those who deny the genocide, are the same people shoving democracy and human right activists as well as those believing the genocide behind bars. So you my dear are a hypocrite. :P

Also, Having different idea about history has no relation with hate speech. what the hell.
              Yes it does, if that change in history is done in a racially offensive manner, like occurs with discussions of the Armenian Genocide or the Genocide of the xxxs. A different idea of history is not related with hate speech until you start using it against a racial group aka like against Armenians.

Personally, I do not care much what happened at mexico or ireland.
              Then your heart must indeed be made of stone.

1960 is not enough. We should go 1915 and you can see more bloody history. So what? History is history, nothing more.
              History is so important because it not only influences the future, but gives us more information about ourselves. Some people hate discussing history, while others enjoy it. Though I have to say the people of the 1920s and 1930s would disagree with your idea history doesn't matter because it motivated Hitler to his mad cap dreams of European Empire and the Holocaust.
              Last edited by hipeter924; 03-23-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Perhaps. But it is very funny that those who deny the genocide, are the same people shoving democracy and human right activists as well as those believing the genocide behind bars. So you my dear are a hypocrite. :P
                There is noone behind bars because of genocide claim.

still what is relation between denying genocide and democracy? (So what is funny. Do you realy thing, You have monopoly over democratic ideals because of AG.) cant see any relation. Do you?

Anyway, Law is used by both side. Should I remind you, Armenian work at france? who is hypocrite?

Yes it does, if that change in history is done in a racially offensive manner, like occurs with discussions of the Armenian Genocide or the Genocide of the xxxs.

"If"
                is the word Turks and armenians argue. So no need to built sentences with "If".

A different idea of history is not related with hate speech until you start using it against a racial group aka like against Armenians.
                Hmm. Like accusing a racial group with a crime They did not. It looks like accepting AG is also a hate speech. Hehe. So we should agree about "if". Oh sorry, arguing "If" is also a hate speech.

Then your heart must indeed be made of stone.
                so what is your knowledge about history of africa?

Though I have to say the people of the 1920s and 1930s would disagree with your idea history doesn't matter because it motivated Hitler to his mad cap dreams of European Empire and the Holocaust.
                Hitler can find another motivation for holocaust. Anyway, what is relation between holocaust and history? xxxs did not harm germans.

History is what happened at past. It may effect present time but effect is minumum. Need of people and way of people is much more important than history.

Comment

Palavra, in regards to Democracy:

There is a big difference between us Turk.
                  We acknowledge that our young democracy is not perfect while we are surrounded by cut throat countries that try to control our interests, and we also know that we have a long way to go with our struggles, nobody said it will be a cakewalk, our survival.............and your country? “entertains” the idea of democracy sitting on a ‘get out of jail free card’ from the West who you have an inferiority complex to while your superiority complex of the East betrays the Muslim world for whom you could become the beacon of freedom.
                  But you have a bigger problem; Those Turkish vains takes control just like your uncontrolled vomiting of this filth that is called Turkishness you have spewed all over this thread.

You come here to have some fun..........Is that what you think we stand for, a joke? Don’t you have any respect for yourself Turk?
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

LA Times Urges Obama to Recognize Genocide

BY ARA KHACHATOURIAN

Published: Monday March 23, 2009

In a Sunday editorial, the Los Angeles Times declared “It's long past time for a genocide declaration;” [See “Obama's promises, then and now” (online) “Promises, promises” (print) 3/22].

The LA Times, in continuing its theme kicked off last week of calling President Barack Obama on his campaign promises, claimed that although Obama promised on the campaign trail that he would recognize the genocide, political realities might require him to “defer the promised declaration.”

“On the campaign trail, Barack Obama was very clear. The Armenian genocide was not an 'allegation' or a 'personal opinion' or a 'point of view.' It was, he said, a widely documented fact. He promised that if he were elected, he would issue an official presidential declaration that the mass killings of Armenians in 1915 by the Ottoman Turks constituted nothing less than genocide,” explained the editorial.

“But President Obama isn't so sure. As he prepares for a visit to Turkey next month, his aides have let it be known that the president might have to defer the promised declaration, which Armenian Americans had expected in time for the annual day of remembrance on April 24. The Obama administration has been eagerly soliciting the help of the Turkish government on Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran, and now, according to the man who once promised to 'speak truthfully about the Armenian genocide,' is not the moment to rub the Turks the wrong way,” added the LA Times.

The editorial goes on to explain that “political realities” and “facts learned behind closed doors” might impact the president's decision as he aspires to find a lasting solution to the Iraq war and other regional considerations. While emphasizing Obama's positive performance on other campaign promises such as the closure of Guantanamo Bay and stem cell research, the LA Times seems to have concluded that Obama is wavering on this particular campaign pledge.

“Other promises, however, have fared less well. On the Armenian genocide, for instance, principle crashed head-on into realpolitik. It's undeniable that the U.S. needs Turkey's help and goodwill; Turkey is the only Muslim country in NATO and a reliable strategic partner in a dangerous, combustible region. Of course Obama is being counseled not to antagonize the Turks; that's what his predecessor was advised as well,” continued the editorial.

“But as we've said before when other politicians have caved to Turkish pressure, denying reality is not the solution. It's long past time for a genocide declaration, and Obama should get to it quickly. If it doesn't get done before April 24, it should be done soon after,” asserted the editorial.

The Los Angeles Times should be commended for holding Obama and his administration to a campaign promise so crucial to the Armenian-American community and all those committed to ending the cycle of genocide. It was not long ago that a battle with editorial boards, such as the LA Times, to call the events of 1915 “Genocide” was as uphill as climbing Mt. Ararat.

The Turkish machine has begun a massive campaign to derail Obama's recognition pledge and the community is urging the president to make good on his promise.

The same political considerations are also behooving the community to not jump the gun and declare that the administration is backtracking on its promise, but rather actively calling on the administration to honor his pledge as we look toward April 24.

Read the LA Times Editorial

Monday, March 23, 2009

Azbares.com

Comment

You are sounding alot like dear Scurtel, firstly I have books about the Armenian Genocide and Armenian culture, it helps to have a forum to contribute news of books, articles, etc. Every thought maybe I really like Armenian culture and it helps actually speaking to Armenian if you do?

ALL countries should recognise atrocities done in the name of racism, ethnic mationalism and religion, if not we do not grow as people, it may not have occurred to you Talaat, but you are human as well, Turks aren't Gods, neither are Armenians, Mexicans, Arabs, etc. Your crap stinks just as bad as the rest of us, it doesn't smell like cologne...how you might try to postulate things on make you seem superior.

Armenians are certainly allowed to have other countries they reside recognise the Genocide, you have no right to control them, they are not your slave anymore.

Freedom of speech should not limit others freedoms, you are using your freedom to take away another's, that is despicable.

And don't tell me what Mexicans or Irishmen do or do not care about, you know nothing about us, and stop using blah blah blah, its childish, please grow up a little before posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X