Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama Recognizes Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCain didn't say anything about a resolution or even use the word Genocide. Obama, however, did, and laid out a strategic plan for the resolution.

You decide which one is best for you, but I choose Obama.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Cthulhu View Post
      McCain didn't say anything about a resolution or even use the word Genocide. Obama, however, did, and laid out a strategic plan for the resolution.

You decide which one is best for you, but I choose Obama.
      I agree bro, but I it is still just the lesser of two evils, don't get me wrong, I prefer Obama, but if it were up to me I'd say neither, however if I had to choose I would choose Obama.

Plus McCain seems senile, and once again his music is, it gives me the heebie jeebies

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
        I agree bro, but I it is still just the lesser of two evils, don't get me wrong, I prefer Obama, but if it were up to me I'd say neither, however if I had to choose I would choose Obama.

Plus McCain seems senile, and once again his music is, it gives me the heebie jeebies
        Have you seen the Youtube clip with McCain's version of BarbaraAnn?

Truly scary for someone aiming to control the RED button.

Comment

Not only Senator Obama, but Senator Biden is also a long term supporter of the Armenian genocide and many other Armenian issues.. He also started a resolution honoring Hrant Dink.

Here are some articles on Biden and his support for Armenian issues:

June 19, 2001 Turkish Diplomats Express Fear Over Senator Biden's Chairmanship of Foreign Relations Committee. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...es.php?prid=87

August 19, 2001 Senators Biden and Sarbanes Set to Oppose Attack Helicopter Deal with Turkey. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...es.php?prid=98

October 15, 2002 ANCA ER Releases Congressional Endorsements for 2002 General Election. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=259

June 10, 2003 Resolution Marking Anniversary of Genocide Convention, Recognizing Armenian Genocide Introduced in U.S. Senate. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=337

April 18, 2005 Record Number of Senators Call on President Bush to Properly Characterize Armenian Genocide. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=742

January 20, 2006 Sen. Joe Biden - Ranking Member on Foreign Relations Committee - Cosponsors Armenian Genocide Resolution. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=882

June 28, 2006 Senate Panel Presses Proposed U.S. Envoy for Clear Explanation of U.S Policy on the Armenian Genocide. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=968

July 24, 2006 State Department Misled Senate on Turkish Communications About Amb. Evans. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=979

August 1, 2006 Sen. Biden Delays Senate Foreign Relations Committee Vote on Hoagland Nomination. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p...s.php?prid=985

March 2, 2007 Senate Panel to Consider Legislation Condemning Murder of Hrant Dink. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1092

March 28, 2007 Senate Panel Adopts Biden Resolution Honoring Hrant Dink. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1108

January 2, 2008 ANC-Iowa Endorses Biden In Democratic Caucus. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1358

January 23, 2008 Joe Biden Cosponsors Armenian Genocide Resolution. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1368

April 28, 2008 His Eminence Oshagan Choloyan Urges Vigilance Against Genocide In Capitol Hill Meetings. Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1475

July 29, 2008 Senators Biden, Boxer, Menendez Force Bush Administration to Distance U.S. from Turkey's Genocide Denial Policy.Link: http://www.anca.org/press_releases/p....php?prid=1545

Comment

Barack Hussein Obama ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Does the middle name Hussein bother the Armenians ? Not at all !

For in the past the Armenians had a venerable friend, a very high muslim whose first name was Hussein : Sherif Al-Husayn Ibn'Ali (1854-1931) of the Hashemite Dinasty, Emir of Hejaz. We remember the film "Lawrence of Arabia" and how he fought the Ottoman Army.

He was the Guardian of the Holy Sites of Mecca and in 1917 he edicted a firman calling protection for the Armenian refugees :

Here is our web page :

Nil

Comment

Obama-Biden: The Better Team for
              Armenians, the Nation, and the World

By Harut Sassounian
              Publisher, The California Courier

The long and painful tenure of one of the most anti-Armenian U.S.
              administrations is finally coming to an end. Armenian-Americans, along withmost Americans and the rest of the world, are fed up with the Bush-Cheney team and their bellicose neo-con agenda.

The list of blunders committed by the Bush administration is very long: the
              invasion of Iraq based on false premises, mismanaging the U.S. economy with the national debt reaching ten trillion dollars, and taking deeply offensive positions on key Armenian issues.
              After promising to acknowledge the Armenian Genocide during his first
              campaign, Pres. Bush failed to keep his word. In fact, when the House of
              Representatives was considering a commemorative resolution on the Armenian Genocide, Pres.
              Bush personally lobbied members of Congress to block its consideration.
              Furthermore, he recalled U.S. Ambassador John Evans from Armenia, simply because he
              had the courage to tell the truth about the Armenian Genocide. Despite
              repeated requests by Armenian-American organizations to meet and discuss these
              serious issues, Pres. Bush refused to receive them even once in eight years!
              Armenian-Americans have a clear choice. Do they want more of the same
              anti-Armenian policies for the next four or eight years with McCain-Palin or do they
              prefer to change the disastrous last eight years by supporting Obama-Biden --
              the most pro-Armenian team in the history of U.S. Presidential elections!
              Sen. Obama, long before running for the Presidency, was making supportive
              statements on Armenian issues. He called for Turkey's acknowledgment of the
              Armenian Genocide and criticized the Secretary of State for dismissing Amb.Evans.
              Sen. Obama declared: "The Armenian Genocide is not an allegation, a personal
              opinion, or a point of view, but rather a widely documented fact supported by
              an overwhelming body of historical evidence. The facts are undeniable=80¦. As a
              senator, I strongly support passage of the Armenian Genocide Resolution, and as
              President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide=80¦. America deservesa leader
              who speaks truthfully about the Armenian Genocide and responds forcefully to
              all genocides. I intend to be that President."
              Sen. Obama also pledged to seek "an end to the Turkish and Azerbaijani
              blockades" of Armenia; to try to bring "a lasting and durable peace settlement of
              the Nagorno-Karabagh conflict that is agreeable to all parties, and based upon
              America's founding commitment to the principles of democracy and self
              determination."; to expand "trade and targeted aid" to Armenia; and to strengthen
              "commercial, political, military, developmental, and cultural relationshipsbetween
              the U.S. and Armenian governments."
              Sen. Biden, who has served in the U.S. Senate since 1972, has an even more
              extensive record of support for various Armenian causes. Sen. Biden has
              co-sponsored every Armenian Genocide resolution going back to 1984. He is one of the
              staunchest supporters of Armenia and Armenians in the Senate.
              Sen. McCain, on the other hand, has opposed all congressional resolutions on
              the Armenian Genocide over the years and has remained silent on the Artsakh
              (Karabagh) conflict, Turkish and Azerbaijani blockades of Armenia, U.S. aidto
              Armenia, and U.S.-Armenia relations. In other words, a vote for Sen. McCainis
              simply a vote for the continuation of Pres. Bush's anti-Armenian policies.
              Even though most Armenian-Americans are justifiably skeptical, given their
              many disappointments with promises made by previous presidential candidates,
              they can take comfort from the fact that Senators Obama and Biden have repeatedly
              acknowledged the Armenian Genocide, while Sen. McCain has consistently and
              strongly opposed this critical issue. If statements by presidential candidates
              are not politically significant, why are then various Turkish and Azerbaijani
              analysts angrily denouncing Senators Obama and Biden, while heaping lavish
              praise on Sen. McCain? And why are Greeks and Greek Cypriots pleased with Obama
              and Biden and not McCain and Palin?
              Assuming that Obama-Biden are planning to keep their promises on the Armenian
              Genocide, even then, Armenian-Americans must not sit on their hands for the
              next six months waiting to see what Pres. Obama will say on April 24. Instead,
              they need to immediately start preparing for the inevitable onslaught by the
              Turkish government with the help of its highly paid lobbyists in Washington. As
              in the past, Turkey is expected to unleash a massive public relations
              campaign and a steady barrage of threats against the United States trying to convince
              American officials and the public at large that "now is not the right time to
              acknowledge the Armenian Genocide!"
              To defuse the Turkish threats and make the new administration less
              apprehensive about any possible consequences of acknowledging the Armenian Genocide,
              Armenian-American organizations should advise the Obama-Biden team that they
              would be simply reconfirming what Pres. Ronald Reagan recognized in his
              Presidential Proclamation in 1981.
              One of the reasons to secure such a repeat statement from the next U.S.
              President is to undermine the joint historical commission that has been proposed by
              the Turkish government, aiming to impede third parties from acknowledging the
              Armenian Genocide.
              The victory of the Obama-Biden ticket would obviously have a far-reaching
              impact on many national and international issues. The Obama administration would
              withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq, concentrate on fighting terrorism in
              Afghanistan, and reverse the growing trend of anti-Americanism around the globe by
              using a less confrontational approach than Bush or McCain. The tens of billions
              of dollars saved by staying out of unnecessary military engagements could be
              put to better use by helping create new jobs, reduce taxes, and bring economic
              prosperity to America and the world!
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

ARMENIANS FOR OBAMA & GREEKS FOR OBAMA TO HOST JOINT FUNDRAISER IN NEW YORK CITY

armradio.am
                20.10.2008 11:50

With a little more than two weeks to go in the 2008 Presidential
                election, Armenian-Americans and Greek-Americans in Manhattan will
                show their support of Presidential hopeful Senator Barak Obama by
                hosting a fundraiser.

The event, which will take place on October 28 at Lafayette Bar and
                Grill in downtown Manhattan, will feature community leaders from
                the Armenian and Greek communities, as well as actor Tate Donovan,
                an Obama supporter and friend of Peter Balakian.

"This is a great opportunity for Armenians and Greeks to come together
                and rally for the Obama-Biden ticket," commented Nicole Vartanian,
                Armenians for Obama New York activist. "Both Senators have proven to
                have solid support on Armenian and Greek American issues, and come
                November 4th, it will be a true victory for all Americans when Obama
                wins the Presidency."

In January of 2008 Senator Obama released a statement to the
                Armenian-American community expressing his support on key issues
                on US-Armenian relations, recognition of the Armenian Genocide,
                a peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabagh conflict in-line with
                the principles of self-determination and democracy, and working to
                end the Turkish and Azerbaijani blockade's of Armenia.

The Senator has also released several recent statements, including
                one recognizing Armenia's 17th Independence on September 21st, as well
                as a statement calling for an end of the Turkish occupation of Cyprus.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Great stuff Joseph.Thanks for posting!

Comment

Even though I don’t trust any of these politicians I think voting for Obama would be a better Armenian choice. I wasn’t going to vote for any of them (especially Mc Cain) but you guys convinced me. At least with him there might be a slight chance of something.

Barakh Obamian for President of USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman
                      Barakh Obamian for President of USA.
                      How do we write Barack Obama in Armenian ? Պարաք Օպամա ? Պառաք Օպամա ? or as in Eastern Armenian : Բարակ Օբամա ?

That is the question ! Please help me.

Nil

Comment

Working...
                      X