Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Great Program About Orhan Pamuk and Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurQ
    I watched it
    same orhan same pamuk, arrogrant, and nobody did spoke until him bla bla
    I dont understand why the producers focued the program on 2 clowns pamu and kreincsiz, studpid kerincsiz. The procuders of the program are just plain ignorants
    saying every city has an autor, and Pamuk is the author of Istanbul. While Ahmet Hamdi Tanpinar's books exist Pamuk can not be athor of any city in Turkey .
    I would prefer to watch or listen the Bolso hye dede instead of those clowns, he is jsut one of our own dedes while he had words of wisdom.
    Armenians are and were part of our society, I noticed how they would raise their hands while praying like us, I dont think other christians especially in west would do the same. Anyways I would prefer to listen that 90 year old dede, instead of pamuk and kerincsiz, I dont and cant think such Armenians outside of our culture and history, thats why I always say ordinary Armenian of 915 is also our ancestors culturally.
    Well the programmers focused on them two, because the program was about Keriz trying to censor and punish Pamuk for supposedly insulting the Turkish nation. That was the topic of the program. I'm surprised that they even spent some significant time talking about the Genocide.

Ok, so you don't like Pamuk. I guess you can't like everyone. But this post isn't just about Pamuk. It's about the program. How many programs are there on this topic? Very few. So when a program is made that investigates it, I think you should watch it before blindly lashing out at Pamuk. Your first post makes it seem like you are a typical nationalist who is lashing out at anyone who says anything about the Genocide. In fact, the first thing you did was attack Pamuk rather than attacking Keriz. Think about it, even if you are 100% right about Pamuk's intentions, who's worse, Pamuk, who according to you is a media-xxxxx, or Keriz, who is a nationalist arsehole who would put anyone in jail for speaking their opinion? Pamuk isn't hurting anyone with his words, but Keriz and his ilk are setting Turkey back 30 years with one fell swoop.

Now moving on to the dede. You say you that the dede had words of wisdom. In your opinion, what were his words of wisdom? Did you take note of the story he told about his father, mother and older brother who died as an infant during the Genocide? What shall we Armenians do when the country is run by men like Keriz who will put you in jail if you talk about that dede's history? How do you expect us to respond to men like Keriz with patience and understanding? Would you feel comfortable if all of the dedes who are still alive were videotaped and their stories televised in Turkey? Will that make the Turkish public believe?

Comment

Relax

O adami oldumm olsai sevmiyorum kardesim ve bunun Ermeniler ile alakali yeni kesfederek soyledigi o sozler ilede alakasi yok
      Tamam,TurQ.Orhan Pamuk'u sevmek zorunda değilsin.Sakinleş!!!
      Ok,TurQ.You don't have to like him.Calm down!!!

Comment

Thats your opinion 1.5times narsist friend

Originally posted by 1.5 million
        Phantom - I am not at all surprised - this has been his gig all along here - appear reasonable and sympathetic - but not give an inch. He is really no different then any other hyper-nationalist genocide denying Turk who discounts all eyewitnesses to the Genocide as being deliberate liars who were out to defame Turkey/Turks - and he feels that Pamuk and Ackam are only saying these truths because of desire for personal glory. We can see - any critic of Turkey, anyone who steps out of line, any who affirms the truth of the Genocide - well it is their deficiency or agenda...and the way to combat it - as the truth of what they say cannot be countered - is another ad-hominim attack. TurQ is worse then the average brainless foaming at the mouth denier - as he should know better. They are just brainless and ignorant - He I would classify just as being cruel and evil.

Comment

Phantom
          dont have much time. It is obvious what my taste is about for Keriz and Pamuk/Yamuk, first I didnt know kerincsiz was in the program, the name of the topic was program about Orhan Pamuk so I commented on him. I can express my dislike my hatred towward such insincere false heros or clowns like Kerincsiz anytime anywhere. I have problem with false heros(some of them are in this forum as well)

Some points: Turkey is not run by Kerincsiz or his sort, he is trying to save a career by being such a clown. He was not known a year ago now he enjyus popularity. He is an Ulusalci not a nationalist. An opportunist trying to gain from Turkish-Armenian tension/conflict

Dede expressed his opinion clearly and his sincerety is much more louder than from either Pamuk or Kerincsiz. He said "if you put a convicted to trial the convicted wouldt accept the guilt".

The best is to ignore clowns like Keriz, he is asking for attention and popularity so dont give it. What he does is sueing Orhan Pamuk and other popular figures that makes himself popular. He is a simple opportunist why should we help him to gain popularity?

I knew Pamuk for around 13 years now, Armenain thing and [political stance came up few years back and my feelings about him is same for the last 13 years.

Originally posted by phantom
          Well the programmers focused on them two, because the program was about Keriz trying to censor and punish Pamuk for supposedly insulting the Turkish nation. That was the topic of the program. I'm surprised that they even spent some significant time talking about the Genocide.

Ok, so you don't like Pamuk. I guess you can't like everyone. But this post isn't just about Pamuk. It's about the program. How many programs are there on this topic? Very few. So when a program is made that investigates it, I think you should watch it before blindly lashing out at Pamuk. Your first post makes it seem like you are a typical nationalist who is lashing out at anyone who says anything about the Genocide. In fact, the first thing you did was attack Pamuk rather than attacking Keriz. Think about it, even if you are 100% right about Pamuk's intentions, who's worse, Pamuk, who according to you is a media-xxxxx, or Keriz, who is a nationalist arsehole who would put anyone in jail for speaking their opinion? Pamuk isn't hurting anyone with his words, but Keriz and his ilk are setting Turkey back 30 years with one fell swoop.

Now moving on to the dede. You say you that the dede had words of wisdom. In your opinion, what were his words of wisdom? Did you take note of the story he told about his father, mother and older brother who died as an infant during the Genocide? What shall we Armenians do when the country is run by men like Keriz who will put you in jail if you talk about that dede's history? How do you expect us to respond to men like Keriz with patience and understanding? Would you feel comfortable if all of the dedes who are still alive were videotaped and their stories televised in Turkey? Will that make the Turkish public believe?

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
            Phantom
            You're labelling of all Turks of being either Pamuk or Kerincsiz is something unlogical(you are either with us or with the others approach).
            I have never liked him, and he was not saying this kind of things before, that was my feeling it still is the same. Armenian thing just came up to him, an intellectual should always say what he believes. He wouldnt say such things 10 years ago why? Because he was mostly popular in TUrkey, now he is in the global market, he is playing the honest brave intellectual role. Where was he before? What was his thoughts on Armenian problem in 96? He lives in KArakoy/Cihangir, where minorities live, he's much more knowledgeabl than me, so where was he? He was a journalist.

Yes he is out for nobel prize, like Naipur.
            All that may be true. And he does come across as being rather full of himself, with his "and only I dare talk about it" type comments.

But all that is immaterial to the actual issue, which is that in Turkey people can, on the whim of prosecutors and state officials, be imprisoned for words they say in public anywhere in the World - and that a large percentage of Turks like it to be that way.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
              All that may be true. And he does come across as being rather full of himself, with his "and only I dare talk about it" type comments.

But all that is immaterial to the actual issue, which is that in Turkey people can, on the whim of prosecutors and state officials, be imprisoned for words they say in public anywhere in the World - and that a large percentage of Turks like it to be that way.
              Well put Bell.

Comment

I read some of his books, and I liked them. He is a talented person and I have no hard feelings about him as whether he promotes the recognition of Armenian Genocide or not.

Comment

I think majority of Turks dont want freedom of expression be restricted.
                  Problem is we have lots of unnecessary agendas in our daily lifes in Turkey, and people can easily be manupulated by news, and they dont know what to believe or whats right or wrong after some time.

Orhan Pamuk knows very well about the problems pertaining to judicial system. He just abuses this for himself, he is trying to make a hero out of himself(and say only himself dares to speak out) by using those certain "key words", he knows very well that those guys in power wouldnt harm him, and those prosecutions very well make a good advertisement of him.

For me an intellectual should try to solve a problem, dont use use it as a leverage to boost his popularity. Thats what I find wrong.

Originally posted by bell-the-cat

Comment

Working...
                  X