Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Istanbul to welcome head of Armenian church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Istanbul to welcome head of Armenian church

06/20/2006

Istanbul to welcome head of Armenian churchKarekin II, whose official title is Catholicos of All Armenians, has issued statements saying Turks committed gen...

Karekin II, whose official title is Catholicos of All Armenians, has issued statements saying Turks committed genocide against Armenians around the time of World War I. Turkish nationalist protests during his visit are likely.

Karekin's official title is Catholicos of All Armenians

Turkey has no relations with Armenia, and vehemently denies that Turks committed genocide, saying Armenians who lived under the Ottoman Empire were killed in internal fighting among ethnic groups as the empire collapsed, the AP reports.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Armenian Spiritual Leader in Istanbul

By Zaman, Istanbul
    Published: Wednesday, June 21, 2006
    zaman.com

Head of the Armenian Apostolic Church, Karekin II, came to Istanbul Tuesday as a guest of Turkey’s Armenians Patriarch Mesrop II and Greek Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew.

Karekin II, welcomed by Bartholomew, will hold week-long meetings with several leaders.

Karekin II, who traveled from Erivan on Armenian Airlines, was expected to leave the airport via the VIP Hall at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport, but left instead in a vehicle convoy for security reasons.

A crowd of nearly 50 gathered at the airport protested the arrival of Karekin II.

Istanbul: Supreme Armenian Patriarch, Karekin II, protested in Istanbul
    21 June 2006
    11:02
    The arrival of His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of all Armenians, was protested in the Turkish city of Istanbul on Tuesday night at 22:30 (2030 GMT). One group of protesters at Ataturk airport even threw eggs at a limousine thought to have belonged to Karekin II.

Gav.Turns out the staged extracating was against the wind.
    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Benedict XVI sends representative delegation to religious summit in Moscow

16 June 2006, 14:05

Moscow, June 16, Interfax - Over ten high-ranking Catholic clergy will come from the Vatican to Moscow for the World Summit of Religious Leaders due early in July, Interfax was informed by the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations (DECR).

Among the participants in the forum are heads of the Pontifical Councils for Promoting Christian Unity and for Culture, Cardinals Walter Kasper and Paul Poupard, Cardinal Roger Etchegaray, Cardinal Gortfried Martins the Archbishop of Mechelen-Brussels, Cardinal Theodore MacCarick the Archbishop of Washington, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin of Dublin, Archbishop Sigitas Tamkevicius of Kaunas, Bishop Joseph Vert, head of the Conference of Catholic Bishops in Russia, Bishop Vincenzo Paglia, spiritual director of St. Egidio Community, and others.

'We have sent Pope Benedict XVI an official letter asking to send an authoritative delegation to the Moscow summit and met with his full understanding', noted Rev. Igor Vyzhanov, DECR secretary for inter-Christian relations.

He also said the World Summit of Religious Leaders will be attended by the head of the Council of the Evangelical Church in Germany, Bishop Wolfgang Huber, the head of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Finland, Archbishop Jukka Paarma, World Council of Churches secretary general Samuel Kobia, Conference of European Church general secretary Colin Williams, and Bishop Richard Chartres of London.

Among Christian delegates from the far abroad, there will be primates of the Oriental Churches including the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenian Karekin II, Patriarch Abuna Paul of Ethiopia, and head of the Coptic Church Shenouda III.

The World Summit of Religious Leaders will take place from July 3 to 5 in Moscow at the initiative of Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia. Russian President Vladimir Putin has supported this idea. The Interrelligious Council in Russia is the organizer of the forum.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

head of Armenian church is always welcome to my country gavur... dont you know turkish hospitality?

turkey does not have any relation with armania but that does not mean we wont have in the future . this generation that you have need to be perished I suppose. I believe , your next genaration will make good connection with us.

Comment

Good to know you and some Turks are still sane.
          But something has to be done about the rabid so-called extreemnationalists

First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

oh come on gavur... arent you extreme nationalists mate? you dont have any right to criticise them. only joseph and hovik can criticise .. thanks hovik not kicking me out from the form...

really with my sincere feeling, you are always welcome to turkey..

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
              Good to know you and some Turks are still sane.
              But something has to be done about the rabid so-called extreemnationalists
              It will take many generations before Armenians can view Turks/ Turkey with anything more than disgust; at most some Armenians may become magnanimous towards the Turks but that's even a stretch. It would be very hard to ever forgive or forget what the Turks did, especially when there is state-sponsored denial and the continued charade of the reverse-genocide theory. Asking Armenians to forgive and forget is more than any other people could bear.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I am extreme towards any denialists including your govermat!
                otherwise I am extremely against any so-called Ultranationalist.
                Read my posts.
                First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
                  I am extreme towards any denialists including your govermat!
                  otherwise I am extremely against any so-called Ultranationalist.
                  Read my posts.
                  I tend to agree. I'm not beholden to ultra-nationalists or facism but it just seems to me that facism is the driving force behind the Turkish government and many of its actions. You don't have to be Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, or Kurdish to come to that realization.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Istanbul: Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch visits Spiritual Leader Barthelemeos

21 June 2006
                    23:50
                    Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of all Armenians paid a returning visit to Orthodox Spiritual Leader Barthelemeos in Istanbul on Wednesday.

First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Working...
                    X