Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

Few will search through a mountain of trash to find the one valuable item.
    Or maybe the readers are just trash!
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      And what should they have done? What could they have done?
      Germans could do alot..... if they wanted to....

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
        US, Britain, or France weren't exactly helpful either
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by firat View Post
          It seems you did not understand me at all. I don't want Armenians to instinct. .
          ????

If believing Turks do not have any identity makes you happier, so it is.
          What does it change?.
          Well it does not make me happy, I am indifferent in that issue. But it is not my personal opinion; it is just a fact. And it changes a lot: a nation which has no identity is condemned, and some of your leaders realize that very well, that why they tried to create a fake "turkish " identity, one of them was mustafa kemal.

What I care in the first place is the wealth of my country and its people. Let others think what ever they want.
          Well what I can say? All the poor care about is the wealth...

Some believe that Turks are Mongolians some others believe just the opposite since they don't look like Mongolians and mixed up with every race in Anatolia. What do these change? Nothing
          What is opposite? That Mongolians are turks? Well that do not change much in did (except that Mongolians would not be very happy if they learn that)...

Do people in Anatolia call themselves Turks, yes. Do they speak Turkish, yes. Do they enjoy the beauty of the country, yes. Do they own the country, yes.
          let me disagree on this one... most people in eastern Anatolia call them self kurds, they speak kurdish and they do not enjoy much beauty of the land that does not belong nether to them nor to turks... And even if some one enjoys that land: that is immoral or ignorant because they do not know what is price of owning that land...
          Bottom line is you can believe whatever you want. This does not change a thing. You can't get to any point by proving the origin of Turks. What matters is that how people in Turkey perceive themselves.
          Botomline : who cares how turks percive them self? The fact of common knowledg is:
          they are mongoloid nomads and nomads do not own land.
          Last edited by Mukuch; 06-04-2009, 06:24 AM.

Comment

The Germans advocated the slaughter of Turkey's Christian population since the rule of Abdul Hamid II. You should read:

Like Hidden Fire: The Plot to Bring Down the British Empire
            by Peter Hopkirk

It explains the German strategy of instigating a religious war between Christian and Muslims to cripple the British Empire during WWI from India to Asia Minor and North Africa.

While German civilians and even some of the military was sympathetic towards treatment of Christian minorities in the O.E., the high-command use the Genocide to its advantage.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

There is not very much the US, France, UK nor even Russia could have done during the early and middle stage of the Genocide.

The theatre in Asia Minor was small compared to Europe, the British were struggling against the Turks in around what is currently Jordan and Israel. The French forces were bogged down in Belgium and France. Had the British and ANZACS been successful at Galipoili, {which may have been possible had they pressed their earlier advantage instead of wasting several days to move ahead and giving time for the Turks to reinforce their positions and bring up several thousand more troops} or had the Russians shifted more divisions from the E. European front to the Caucasus, or if the dilitante Armenians from Tblisi had actually formed battalions earlier it all could have been avoided. There are many what-ifs. Additionally, the US was neutral until 1916.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                The Germans advocated the slaughter of Turkey's Christian population since the rule of Abdul Hamid II. You should read:

Like Hidden Fire: The Plot to Bring Down the British Empire
                by Peter Hopkirk

It explains the German strategy of instigating a religious war between Christian and Muslims to cripple the British Empire during WWI from India to Asia Minor and North Africa.

While German civilians and even some of the military was sympathetic towards treatment of Christian minorities in the O.E., the high-command use the Genocide to its advantage.
                Yes that means they DID NOT WANT TO. Read my very long post in very sofisticated english.

Comment

let me disagree on this one... most people in eastern Anatolia call them self kurds, they speak kurdish and they do not enjoy much beauty of the land that does not belong nether to them nor to turks... And even if some one enjoys that land: that is immoral or ignorant because they do not know what is price of owning that land...
                  Yes they do not know the price of owning that land.... the deer price of perished 2 Million Armenian souls, the deer price of perished 800,000 Assyrian Christian's souls, the deer price of perished 800,000 Greek souls and as of late the deer price of perished I don't know how many thousands of Kurds' souls.

Why only less than 25 years ago in several places in Der el Zor region and some regions in Eastern Anatolia people came across to unburied bones of humans and the locals knew that it was the bones of "Ermeni".
                  Last edited by Anoush; 06-04-2009, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I agree with you Joseph jan,

Indeed the Germans were very involved with the Genocide of the Christians in turkey on or before 1915. Vahakn Dadrian wrote a whole book about the German involvement in the Armenian Genocide.

The Germans and the turks did the Genocide in WWI so that the Europeans and the allies won't be able to interfere. And they didn't or couldn't.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 06-04-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      And what should they have done? What could they have done?
                      I don’t know about what they could have really done during the Genocide but even the President of US at the time was appalled on how the Allies once again betrayed and feed the "shell shocked" Armenians to the Turkish wolfs. Armenia lost its newly found republic and more than 100,000 lives.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10. 1921--President Wilson has reached a decision concerning the action he will take as a consequence of his acceptance of the invitation of the League of Nations to mediate between the Republic of Armenia and ........

See PDF File for the complete (but very short) New York Times article that I found accidently a while back.

Live news, investigations, opinion, photos and video by the journalists of The New York Times from more than 150 countries around the world. Subscribe for coverage of U.S. and international news, politics, business, technology, science, health, arts, sports and more.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X