Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

I hate it when people start to mock with each other or (try to) insult each other. We are not kindergarten children, why do we act like that instead of discussing like civilized people? And no, you can't become civilized just by claiming that you are. You show that with your acts.

As for the ongoing discussion.. Today, we don't have any Azeris living in Armenia or any Armenians living in Azerbaijan. It's ridiculous to make up excuses in order to explain this situation. That retreat story is very similar to the one told about Armenians in 1915 (in that case, it was the Russian Army and the Armenian people retreating). However, whatever excuses are asserted, the outcome (the fact that many people are pulled away from their homes) does not change.

I notice a difference between Turkish and Armenian people though I've very little experience with the latter one, which is based upon my stay on this forum. The ratio of the Turks who can accept his/her nation's faults are higher than the ratio of Armenians. Anyway. Just a humble observation.
    Last edited by seruven; 06-02-2009, 05:08 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by seruven View Post
      I hate it when people start to mock with each other or (try to) insult each other. We are not kindergarten children, why do we act like that instead of discussing like civilized people? And no, you can't become civilized just by claiming that you are. You show that with your acts.

As for the ongoing discussion.. Today, we don't have any Azeris living in Armenia or any Armenians living in Azerbaijan. It's ridiculous to make up excuses in order to explain this situation. That retreat story is very similar to the one told about Armenians in 1915 (in that case, it was the Russian Army and the Armenian people retreating). However, whatever excuses are asserted, the outcome (the fact that many people are pulled away from their homes) does not change.

I notice a difference between Turkish and Armenian people though I've very little experience with the latter one, which is based upon my stay on this forum. The ratio of the Turks who can accept his/her nation's faults are higher than the ratio of Armenians. Anyway. Just a humble observation.
      Here is an observation. Today we have Azerbaijan investing their oil profits heavily into military and preparing for another war Seruven. As long the Turkish and Azerbaijan government put oil interests in front of humanity and the Turkish government continues its denial, the mere 3 million Armenians in Armenia are on the verge of extinction. This may not be a big deal for you and you might think its all out of your control but the fact is unless there is world wide acceptance of the Armenian Genocide, the majority of the world still won't know we exist and won't care if we cease to exist. Try putting yourself in our shoes.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

That retreat story is very similar to the one told about Armenians in 1915
        To make such a totally biased and denialist comments you are on the side of the denialists then. You are yourself acting on the side of the genocidal turks, because the last phase of the Genocide is DENIAL.

The Armenians didn't go with the Russians or anyone else. Read the REAL history. The Armenians were walking the death marches NOT even exile. Because when they were more than half dead and only less than the third who survived after walking the death marches, they were annihilated or starved to death when they finally arrived down the Arabian deserts as they were burned in effigy in Shadaddie which was a huge and deep cave in the Syrian desert. They were mostly parished in Der el zor by being annihilated by the Ittihadist soldiers.

I tell you what, why don't you read "The Crossing Place" by Philip Marsden. And you'll know what really happened to the Armenians in 1915 when they walked the death marches.

(in that case, it was the Russian Army and the Armenian people retreating).
        The very few Armenians who luckily survived and went back with the Russian Army were in the Van region only. When the Genocide heppened, they were the only ones who survived who fought against the turkish army and the Ittihadists who wanted to kill each and every one of them. They put up a good fight, thank goodness; later the Russian army came and they were not wiped out by the Ittihadist Genocidal regime.

However, whatever excuses are asserted, the outcome (the fact that many people are pulled away from their homes) does not change.
        What excuses? Didn't you read what Josephe explained to you? The azeris pulled away much before their army retreated. The azeris left their homes from the winning Armenian army even days before. How could you say that the Armenians were responsible for that? Your responsible party was the azeri people who were frightened and left their homes. Armenians had nothing to do with it.

Why should Armenians take the fault of the Genocidal turkish or azeris acts? The turkish Ittihadists and the turkish Attaturks en masse did a grave Genocide against all Armenians; (men, old men and old women, women, children and even pregnant women), they were 2,100,000 innocent civilian people living in turkey as citizens; and the turkish Ittihadists did such a horrendous crime that it cannot be forgotten and shall not be forgotten. Armenians were the victims. Are you blind not to see it clearly, truthfully and factually?
        Last edited by Anoush; 06-02-2009, 06:29 AM.

Comment

As for the ongoing discussion.. Today, we don't have any Azeris living in Armenia or any Armenians living in Azerbaijan. It's ridiculous to make up excuses in order to explain this situation.
          There are Azeris here in Armenia and there are Armenians in Azerbaijan. Do a little more research kardesh.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush
            The very few Armenians who luckily survived and went back with the Russian Army were in the Van region only.
            I meant those Armenians living in the territories occupied by Russians. Not the ones sent to Der El Zor.

What excuses? Didn't you read what Josephe explained to you? The azeris pulled away much before their army retreated. The azeris left their homes from the winning Armenian army even days before. How could you say that the Armenians were responsible for that? Your responsible party was the azeri people who were frightened and left their homes. Armenians had nothing to do with it.
            So you claim that the fear of the Azeris were unnecessary. Nothing would have happened to them if they had stayed. And they are always welcome to come back to their homes. Do I understand you right Anush?

Why should Armenians take the fault of the Genocidal turkish or azeris acts? The turkish Ittihadists and the turkish Attaturks en masse did a grave Genocide against all Armenians; (men, old men and old women, women, children and even pregnant women), they were 2,100,000 innocent civilian people living in turkey as citizens; and the turkish Ittihadists did such a horrendous crime that it cannot be forgotten and shall not be forgotten. Armenians were the victims. Are you blind not to see it clearly, truthfully and factually?
            What is "turkish Attaturks"?? What has Meds Yeghern to do with Ataturk?
            As a friendly advice, do not turn into hostile that easily Anush Jan. I'm not blind or deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
              There are Azeris here in Armenia and there are Armenians in Azerbaijan. Do a little more research kardesh.
              I asked my Azeri roommate about what you said. He doesn't know much about Azeris living in Armenia. But he told that still there are Armenians living in Azerbaijan.
              (As a note, he said that his aunt has Armenian friends and they do not have any problems. It's relieving to hear such stories.)
              So I'm mistaken, thanks for correction Saco. Yet, I believe that these populations are much small, compared to pre-war numbers. Any idea, Saco? I'll be glad to be mistaken again.

Comment

I asked my Azeri roommate about what you said. He doesn't know much about Azeris living in Armenia. But he told that still there are Armenians living in Azerbaijan.
                (As a note, he said that his aunt has Armenian friends and they do not have any problems. It's relieving to hear such stories.)
                I agree.

So I'm mistaken, thanks for correction Saco. Yet, I believe that these populations are much small, compared to pre-war numbers. Any idea, Saco? I'll be glad to be mistaken again.
                Bro, there are many Azeris here. Only recently, one young Azeri soldier crossed the border and doesn't want to go back. His officers were mercilessly beating him up and abusing him. He talked over the news (Shant TV), hoping to let his family know that he's ok. There are handfuls of refugees both here and in Azerbaijan. No doubts there. But naturally, there aren't big populations or anything. Hope I could help kardesh.
                THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

What has Meds Yeghern to do with Ataturk?
                  As a friendly advice, do not turn into hostile that easily Anush Jan. I'm not blind or deaf.
                  Ok, there is no need for insult to injury by using jackass Obama's clever way around not using the word Genocide. His speech might have been useful in Armenia when addressing Armenian people but when addressing the english speaking world, it was an outright slap in the face. The least he could have done is admit he stole a reference from John Paul II.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I meant those Armenians living in the territories occupied by Russians. Not the ones sent to Der El Zor.
                    Listen... My own grandfather was a colonel in the turkish army and he fought against the Russians and some of his own compatriots. The same with many other Armenians who fought against the Russian army. Now the same applied to the Armenians living in Russia. They fought on the side of Russia because they were living in there, right? And who did they fought against? Some of them were Armenian soldiers who fought on the side of turkey.

When you live in any given country, you are supposed to fight for that country regardless what anscestral or ethnicity you belong to.

So you claim that the fear of the Azeris were unnecessary. Nothing would have happened to them if they had stayed. And they are always welcome to come back to their homes. Do I understand you right Anush?
                    I didn't say that the fear of the azeris was or was not justified; however they mostly chose to get away and leave their homes with the azeri army who were retreating from the Armenian army.

Now if you are asking me if nothing would happen to them or not, it was up to them.... they could have stayed and fight like brave men, but they didn't and they retreated. Therefore it was the azeri civilians who abandoned their homes.

Whether they are welcomed to come back to their homes or not; I believe you should ask that question to the Nagorno Karapakh Arsakh's government who are in charge. Write them a letter and ask them yourself as they are in authority not I.

What is "turkish Attaturks"?? What has Meds Yeghern to do with Ataturk?
                    What the Ittihadist government didn't finish annihilating the complete Armenian race/nationality, Attaturk finished it off. Read the book on the Burning Smyrna. From 1922-23 massacres of the Armenians and the Greeks. About 130,000 Armenians were annihilated and then the Greek civilians were annihilated.

Oh so now you learned from Obama about using the Armenian word "Meds Yeghern". NO NO NO it was a Genocide. A Genocide of the Armenian race/nation of 2,100,000 Million innocent civilians, hard working and the bread and butter of turkey.

Lets face it you are not giving me a friendly advice or a note. You are in denial of our Armenian race's Genocide and that is nothing but friendly Seruven.

Btw; I didn't say deaf, you said it yourself. And I said are you blind as an analagy; because you read the above posts and you are still not seeing the words and the sentences that are in front of you and you are trying to find and search for loopholes to blame us for your nationality's Genocidal acts of barbarities and inhumanities.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Everyone:

Can we please try to remain civil and cease from insults and name-calling?
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X