Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sweden`s Parliament Recognizes The Genocide Against The Armenians, Assyrians, Greeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jos
    replied
    Re: Sweden`s Parliament Recognizes The Genocide Against The Armenians, Assyrians, Gre

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    If you are a turck you will be wondering why is it that the whole world recognizes this event yet we are still denying it?
    I'd also be questioning the selective morality of some of the countries passing these resolutions. I'd be asking if they've reconciled the dark pages of their own history before passing judgments on others. I'd be questioning the methods, procedures and the qualifications of those government officials issuing their views as facts. I'd be questioning if there was any undue influence or duress of politicians seeking votes in those jurisdications. I'd be asking what they have done to redress or prevent modern attrocities from happening in their own lifetime instead of being preoccupied with historical events. I'd be wondering what they are actually doing to facilitate communication and knowledge about the events they are issuing symbolic statements against.

I'd be asking why Sweden doesn't offer to set up and pay for a school of comparative Genocide studies in a Turkish university instead of wasting valuable time and money on political grandstanding.

Probably because in the depths of their own heart, the're really only pretending to care. Sweden, just stick to making Ikea furniture and hot women (and yes Alexandros, I'm a male and not some hairy legged l.esbian).

Leave a comment:

• Armanen
    replied
    Re: Sweden`s Parliament Recognizes The Genocide Against The Armenians, Assyrians, Gre

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
    Nahhh, Turkey is that little kid in elementary school who believes he's the tough guy, that no one can tell him what to do and bullies the other kids around. But now bigger 'bullies' are starting to give him of his own medicine, and he's pissed off because he's losing his position and his "toughness" at the eyes of the others and doesn't know what to do, so he acts like he doesn't care but he's xxxxting his pants in the inside...haha there's one in every region...

But seriously, I cannot help but feel worried about our brothers and sisters living in Turkey, angry Turks are like animals.

For example check out the news:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Turkish Opposition Proposes Deporting Illegal Armenians
    11:47 • 16.03.10

As a sort of backlash from Sweden and US congressional panels passing resolutions recognizing the Armenian Genocide, Canan Arıtman, a deputy from Turkey’s largest opposition party, the Republican People’s Party, proposed deporting all Armenian citizens living in the country illegally.

On the matter of these resolutions, Turkey’s parliament convened a closed-door session on March 15, attended by Turkey’s Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu.

According to Turkish daily Radikal, Republican People’s Party and Nationalist Movement Party MPs proposed countering those resolutions quite radically, such as recalling the Armenia-Turkey Protocols from parliament and closing down the American Incirlik Air Base, a key military base for the US.

In another move, Arıtman proposed that all Turkish national deputies who voted in favor of the Armenian Genocide resolution in the Swedish riksdag be deprived of Turkish citizenship, while the Swedish parliamentarians voting for the resolution be denied entry to Turkey.

Davutoğlu, responding to opposition demands to recall the Protocols from parliament, said that those documents are tools to eliminating Turkey’s worldwide image of an irreconciliable state, and they will continue to remain in the parliament.

As a sort of backlash from Sweden and US congressional panels passing resolutions recognizing the Armenian...

---------------------------------------------------------
    Davutoglu Speaks Out Against Deporting Armenians Living in Turkey Without Status
    15:01 • 16.03.10

To deport citizens of Armenia living illegally in Turkey means to give a “winning card” to those countries who come out against Turkey, said Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoglu during a closed-door meeting of the foreign affairs committee of Turkey’s Grand National Assembly, responding to opposition People’s Republican Party MP Canan Arıtman’s earlier statements which suggested deporting all Armenian citizens.

“Such a step would become a winning card in the hands of those countries who are against us. In addition, all of the world’s countries’ papers will publish articles about deported Armenians. A nationalist image would form, [and] Turkey will be in a more difficult situation,” said Davutoglu.

As for the signed protocols, he noted that Ankara does not intend to withdraw them from parliament, reports News.az.

“Everything is good in its time. We should not make decisions that may further harm our interests. But we will protect our national interests more energetically and let everyone know about it. We will use these protocols as a tool,” said Davutoglu, according to Turkish news source Sabah.

The foreign minister also spoke out against closing t he US military base in Incirlik, saying that such a step in today’s changed political landscape and state of affairs will have no effect whatsoever.

To deport citizens of Armenia living illegally in Turkey means to give a “winning card” to those countries who...

....you can see that the only reason they are not doing such thing is because of the bad image Turkey would receive, I fear if any of those idiots come to power one day, we will be facing mass deportations and maybe Genocide once again if any of these animals got to power.

It's like I said earlier, this will not occur for the very reason davatgulu says, and if it did, in a disturbing way the expulsion would serve Armenia's interests.

On a side note, it truly is sad that Armenians moved from Armenia to turkey for work, of all the countries to go to, they went to turkey. This is worse than Armenians who vacation in turkey, for these people I don't have much concern of what befalls them in turkey, afterall they made the decision to go to a country that was/is genocidal.

Leave a comment:

• ashot24
    replied

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    You can tell Turks are very disturbed by these genocide resolutions. Thats the only reason I like it.

Turkey is like that one kid in highschool who can't take a joke, who always gets pissed when people joke around with him. And because he gets pissed off, everyone starts joking around with him and watching his stupid reactions and laughing at him.
    Nahhh, Turkey is that little kid in elementary school who believes he's the tough guy, that no one can tell him what to do and bullies the other kids around. But now bigger 'bullies' are starting to give him of his own medicine, and he's pissed off because he's losing his position and his "toughness" at the eyes of the others and doesn't know what to do, so he acts like he doesn't care but he's xxxxting his pants in the inside...haha there's one in every region...

But seriously, I cannot help but feel worried about our brothers and sisters living in Turkey, angry Turks are like animals.

For example check out the news:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Turkish Opposition Proposes Deporting Illegal Armenians
    11:47 • 16.03.10

As a sort of backlash from Sweden and US congressional panels passing resolutions recognizing the Armenian Genocide, Canan Arıtman, a deputy from Turkey’s largest opposition party, the Republican People’s Party, proposed deporting all Armenian citizens living in the country illegally.

On the matter of these resolutions, Turkey’s parliament convened a closed-door session on March 15, attended by Turkey’s Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu.

According to Turkish daily Radikal, Republican People’s Party and Nationalist Movement Party MPs proposed countering those resolutions quite radically, such as recalling the Armenia-Turkey Protocols from parliament and closing down the American Incirlik Air Base, a key military base for the US.

In another move, Arıtman proposed that all Turkish national deputies who voted in favor of the Armenian Genocide resolution in the Swedish riksdag be deprived of Turkish citizenship, while the Swedish parliamentarians voting for the resolution be denied entry to Turkey.

Davutoğlu, responding to opposition demands to recall the Protocols from parliament, said that those documents are tools to eliminating Turkey’s worldwide image of an irreconciliable state, and they will continue to remain in the parliament.

As a sort of backlash from Sweden and US congressional panels passing resolutions recognizing the Armenian...

Davutoglu Speaks Out Against Deporting Armenians Living in Turkey Without Status
    15:01 • 16.03.10

To deport citizens of Armenia living illegally in Turkey means to give a “winning card” to those countries who come out against Turkey, said Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoglu during a closed-door meeting of the foreign affairs committee of Turkey’s Grand National Assembly, responding to opposition People’s Republican Party MP Canan Arıtman’s earlier statements which suggested deporting all Armenian citizens.

“Such a step would become a winning card in the hands of those countries who are against us. In addition, all of the world’s countries’ papers will publish articles about deported Armenians. A nationalist image would form, [and] Turkey will be in a more difficult situation,” said Davutoglu.

As for the signed protocols, he noted that Ankara does not intend to withdraw them from parliament, reports News.az.

“Everything is good in its time. We should not make decisions that may further harm our interests. But we will protect our national interests more energetically and let everyone know about it. We will use these protocols as a tool,” said Davutoglu, according to Turkish news source Sabah.

The foreign minister also spoke out against closing t he US military base in Incirlik, saying that such a step in today’s changed political landscape and state of affairs will have no effect whatsoever.

To deport citizens of Armenia living illegally in Turkey means to give a “winning card” to those countries who...

....you can see that the only reason they are not doing such thing is because of the bad image Turkey would receive, I fear if any of those idiots come to power one day, we will be facing mass deportations and maybe Genocide once again if any of these animals got to power.

Leave a comment:

• ArmSurvival
    replied

You can tell Turks are very disturbed by these genocide resolutions. Thats the only reason I like it.

Turkey is like that one kid in highschool who can't take a joke, who always gets pissed when people joke around with him. And because he gets pissed off, everyone starts joking around with him and watching his stupid reactions and laughing at him.
    Last edited by ArmSurvival; 03-16-2010, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mukuch
    replied

Originally posted by Jos View Post

In my opinion, all these ill conceived (albeit well intentioned) resolutions by foreign parliaments actually hinder the reconciliation process with Armenia and harden the public mood in Turkey for an open discussion rather than helping anything. They're all symbolic and non-binding. It's difficult to see any practical results flowing from any of these types of political grandstandings.
    What reconciliation? What reconciliation is possible with turks who deny the Genocide?
    Practical results? The best practical result is the spit on face of turkey. You can see the practical result on face of Erdogan and Gule. I really enjoy that practical result. Turkey can’t recall its ambassadors forever from all over the world. One day it must face the truth!

Leave a comment:

• Mukuch
    replied

[B]

Approves then regrets. Sweden seems to be chasing its tail at the moment....?
    Well the people (parliament) approve, hypocrite politicians regret. What is not clear?
    What Sweden does is Swedes business, what about turkey? It seems it even can’t chaise its own tail because it seems completely lost it

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

The cheese is beginning to stand alone and the foul reek of mold is quite unpleasant. Come on Turkey, face the truth before you start looking even more foolish than you already do.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
    I think you misunderstood the point, which was that if we recognised the Armenian Genocide, Darfur and all these genocides; and came to understand they were immoral and should never happen again, then they would not happen again or at the very least there would be intervention to stop them.
    The fact that something is immoral does not mean people are going to stop it. The genocide of the armenians was no more or less moral then than it is today but it happened and other genocided still happen. I would argue that while in the short term international recognition may deter the open discussion of the issue in the near term but it may have the opposit effect in the long term. If you are a turck you will be wondering why is it that the whole world recognizes this event yet we are still denying it?

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Yeah sure, Ulla Hoffmann! Had you recognized the AG in time, Cambodia, Rwanda, Darfur could have all been prevented. So what's stopping you from recognizing and giving them all a proper assessment now? Let me guess, your Parliament doesn't have the time and not mention to the votes (or lack thereof).... Laughable if it were not so sad.

In my opinion, all these ill conceived (albeit well intentioned) resolutions by foreign parliaments actually hinder the reconciliation process with Armenia and harden the public mood in Turkey for an open discussion rather than helping anything. They're all symbolic and non-binding. It's difficult to see any practical results flowing from any of these types of political grandstandings.
    They're all symbolic and non-binding.
    Good. Stop whining then and go and get an ice cream.

Leave a comment:

• hipeter924
    replied

Yeah sure, Ulla Hoffmann! Had you recognized the AG in time, Cambodia, Rwanda, Darfur could have all been prevented. So what's stopping you from recognizing and giving them all a proper assessment now? Let me guess, your Parliament doesn't have the time and not mention to the votes (or lack thereof).... Laughable if it were not so sad.

I think you misunderstood the point, which was that if we recognised the Armenian Genocide, Darfur and all these genocides; and came to understand they were immoral and should never happen again, then they would not happen again or at the very least there would be intervention to stop them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X