Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Originally posted by hrai View Post
    your interaction with Europeans? that's your fact? have you ever been to Europe? I can assure that Europeans have the very same connection with the word as the US.
    I live in Europe and the connection is not even the same as with the US there it is a word that only black people can say here go on street every so called thug will tell you and other people will use it as a insult. Slavery didn't exist in Europe like it did in the US so how can it be the same please tell me?

As I said before, the turcs/baboons have already emptied Nakhichevan of Armenians, no need for them to go there now.
    So if I get it clear the only reason that they will come to Armenia is to get rid of Armenians? So it is your paranoia that wont let the border be opened?

It seems that everything you say is based on your paranoia. And you still haven't showed that the word nigger is illegal, you have shown someone being charged with racial slur, that is not the same as the word niger being illegal.

And if you don't know the fact that there are xxxx loads of Armenians living in Turkey and that there are even more hidden Armenians and muslim Armenians than that is your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      I live in Europe and the connection is not even the same as with the US there it is a word that only black people can say here go on street every so called thug will tell you and other people will use it as a insult. Slavery didn't exist in Europe like it did in the US so how can it be the same please tell me?
      where in Europe?

It was Europeans who took the slaves to the US, starting before the USA existed.

So if I get it clear the only reason that they will come to Armenia is to get rid of Armenians? So it is your paranoia that wont let the border be opened?
      No past events, including events from 1988 on.......................

It seems that everything you say is based on your paranoia. And you still haven't showed that the word nigger is illegal, you have shown someone being charged with racial slur, that is not the same as the word niger being illegal.
      Did you bother to actually read my post and the copy/paste of the law?
      And if you don't know the fact that there are xxxx loads of Armenians living in Turkey and that there are even more hidden Armenians and muslim Armenians than that is your problem.
      You've gone from 500000 to xxxxloads of Armenians living in turcey. How many precisely is xxxxloads? And please show your source?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        where in Europe?

It was Europeans who took the slaves to the US, starting before the USA existed.
        It doesn't matter what the Europeans back then did to most people living in Europe. It has been a little bit more than a century that slavery has been abolished in the US and add to that the treatment of blacks until the 1970's, then you'll see why the n-word is such a more powerful word and has more meaning and also why only black people in the US seem to use it. Now let us look at Europe. When we look at Central and Eastern Europe the word loses all its meaning there and is just an other word. And even in Western Europe the word doesn't mean the same as it does in the US.

No past events, including events from 1988 on.......................
        That doesn't make sense why no one wants to move to Nakhijevan today?
        Let's see that according to if the border opens up, Turks and Kurds will flood a country that is hostile towards them and try to take over and also they will cross the border illegally (which they can do today as well with the border being officially closed). So doesn't it sound really illogical to you? Like I said it is only paranoia.

Did you bother to actually read my post and the copy/paste of the law?
        Yes and as far as I could see the word nigger is not illegal like you said, or else every black rapper would be arrested if it was an illegal word.
        You've gone from 500000 to xxxxloads of Armenians living in turcey. How many precisely is xxxxloads? And please show your source?
        If you don't even know the history of our people in Turkey and how their numbers are divided amongst the different religions and such then I don't know what to say.
        It was an estimate, a small estimate as i might add.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenians_in_Turkey
        The figure of just how many individuals of some Armenian descent existing in Turkey is hotly disputed, because of the natural progression of populations. But most conservative estimates would put them passed the one-million mark by the late 20th century.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          It doesn't matter what the Europeans back then did to most people living in Europe.
          So, as ottoman empire was a European empire, it doesn't matter what they did back then?

It hasbeen a little bit more than a century that slavery has been abolished in the US and add to that the treatment of blacks until the 1970's,
          Closer to two centuries.

then you'll see why the n-word is such a more powerful word and has more meaning and also why only black people in the US seem to use it. Now let us look at Europe. When we look at Central and Eastern Europe the word loses all its meaning there and is just an other word. And even in Western Europe the word doesn't mean the same as it does in the US.
          ho hum. I suggest you walk in any downtown area or suburbs of most major British towns & cities, shout the n-word and see how quickly you'll be arrested and charged with criminal offence. (probably after you've been discharged from hospital)

That doesn't make sense why no one wants to move to Nakhijevan today?
          Let's see that according to if the border opens up, Turks and Kurds will flood a country that is hostile towards them and try to take over and also they will cross the border illegally (which they can do today as well with the border being officially closed). So doesn't it sound really illogical to you? Like I said it is only paranoia.
          hum ho.

Yes and as far as I could see the word nigger is not illegal like you said, or else every black rapper would be arrested if it was an illegal word.
          It may surprise you but the law does not usually list all words or phrases which may be included.
          If you don't even know the history of our people in Turkey and how their numbers are divided amongst the different religions and such then I don't know what to say.
          It was an estimate, a small estimate as i might add.
          Well. try saying nothing. using Wikiliar as a source is worse than not using a source.

I guess you do live in Europe and you tour around in a travelling circus as a clown.
          Last edited by hrai; 01-15-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Just a little food for thought...

This PIPA/SOPA stuff is the kind of thing I would hope would be avoided by not starting down the path of any censorship to begin with...

Here's a letter to the US House with a fantastic legal analysis (as it should be considering the authorship). The letter itself is dated November, but the legal analysis is still relevant and excellent.

[COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Tomorrow is finally the day when the French Senate will vote the law. It seems both Turks and Armenians will be assembled in front of the Senate tomorrow in their respective protests: http://www.armenews.com/article.php3?id_article=76412

Comment

I'm not very optimistic. It's like deja vu from couple years back. Let's see what happens. God willing they do the right thing.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  I'm not very optimistic. It's like deja vu from couple years back. Let's see what happens. God willing they do the right thing.
                  It seems like they have a clear majority. Both major parties are for it. I don't think they would be voting, if they weren't sure it was going to pass. Were it to fail, any political benefits it might have had, would be replaced by political disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                    It seems like they have a clear majority. Both major parties are for it. I don't think they would be voting, if they weren't sure it was going to pass. Were it to fail, any political benefits it might have had, would be replaced by political disaster.
                    I really hope so. In yesterday's Haylur, there was an interesting interview with Sassounian about this, was very interesting.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Lets just hope it goes through
                      its hard not be suspicious of world powers when it comes to doing the right thing considering our history over the last 150 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X