Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Court will deem it unconstitutional in my view, as a similar court deemed it unconstitutional before going to the Senate. That's why we wait until law is passed to have all these reactions...
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      To engage in Genocide discussion is to engage in Turkish propaganda.....this is another reason why this bill should pass, regardless of French governments true intentions, in this case I don't think it matters because its a win either way even if Sarkozy shoots it down.
      Originally posted by hrai View Post
      This.
      Isn't it engaging in discussion of the genocide still to pass this law? That's making a statement about it too. It is saying, okay Turkey, we'll see your relentless tantrums about your fabricated version of reality and raise you a censorship law.

We don't need to pass laws to make it illegal for people to proclaim that sun and other planets revolve around the Earth, after all right? Wouldn't it be more powerful to say that this fact is so beyond debate that it has approached this level of fact, i.e. irrefutable?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        In response to I don't think anyone today can understand the gravity etc) that's an opinion and it your opinion. Disagree. Maybe you lack the ability to understand the gravity of an historical event but I don't. Please try telling someone who you respect and admire for their intellect that you don't think they can understand the gravity of the (AG)because they weren't there before you post me again on that. Your statement ( as opposed to your previose opinion that anyone who thinks they can is delusional is an insult and wrong : so for the insult to me here is an insult to you . Your statement and your opinion are shallow./ Artashes
        If this was directed at me, I have absolutely zero idea what you're going on about. You've lost me too in your confusion.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

No Siggie ,it wasn't . Unfortunately I am computer illiterate and have not figured out yet how to make that one box that has the persons comments in it that I'm responding to and then my response below. A member ,karo t g made an I'll worded poorly thought out statement and opinion in this (viva la) discussion ./ Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
            No Siggie ,it wasn't . Unfortunately I am computer illiterate and have not figured out yet how to make that one box that has the persons comments in it that I'm responding to and then my response below. A member ,karo t g made an I'll worded poorly thought out statement and opinion in this (viva la) discussion ./ Artashes
            If you want to quote someone's post, simply click on "Reply with quote" directly underneath their post. That will open up the quote into the reply box.

If you want to quote multiple posts, click on the quote icon to the right of that one. The one with just the "+ and that one will add that quote. You can select multiple posts by clicking that button, then for the very last one, hit "reply with quote" and it will put that one and all the prior ones in the reply box for you.

Let me know if you need more instruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
              Isn't it engaging in discussion of the genocide still to pass this law? That's making a statement about it too. It is saying, okay Turkey, we'll see your relentless tantrums about your fabricated version of reality and raise you a censorship law.

We don't need to pass laws to make it illegal for people to proclaim that sun and other planets revolve around the Earth, after all right? Wouldn't it be more powerful to say that this fact is so beyond debate that it has approached this level of fact, i.e. irrefutable?
              It would be more powerful if we were in that place, unfortunately because of the West's political weakness where turcey is involved and the vast amount of turc propaganda, we're not.

So until that blessed day dawns, continue on our track.

Comment

[I]....unfortunately because of the West's political weakness where turcey is involved and the vast amount of turc propaganda, we're not.
                There we go... the start of the inevitable "we are not satisfied". "Those cowardly J3w-loving French, if they had any guts they would have made it a capital offense to deny the Armenian Genocide, but they won't do that because the whole world is against Armenia".
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

It would be more powerful if we were in that place, unfortunately because of the West's political weakness where turcey is involved and the vast amount of turc propaganda, we're not.

So until that blessed day dawns, continue on our track.
                  Okay, politics tend to make me want to jump off the highest cliff I can find, so forgive my ignorance on the subject, but which Western power has helped to legitimize Turkey's lies?

Note: the reason I loathe politics is because it's often about what's best for ME and not what's the right thing to do.

Comment

Only if we look at the world through rose colored glasses.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Okay, politics tend to make me want to jump off the highest cliff I can find, so forgive my ignorance on the subject, but which Western power has helped to legitimize Turkey's lies?

Note: the reason I loathe politics is because it's often about what's best for ME and not what's the right thing to do.
                      You can start with the two leaders of the west: England and the US. Both of which refuse to recognize the genocide, and just repeat Turkey's propaganda of "we should not let this affect future relations, we should look to the future, not the past, it is a matter of historical debate"

Comment

Working...
                      X