Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

I think I read Siggie say that they studied law. Can you tell this forum what the penalty is for rape, murder, abduction and torture? Can you also tell this forum what the penalty is for covering up or falsifying the evidence of rape, murder, abduction and torture?

Comment

I think you can go stand in the street and scream for hours that Charles Manson is innocent, or jews made up the genocide, or that Jesus is the son of God. I think the worst that happens is usually people just laughing at you and walk by or the cops might show up and tell you to stop pestering people with your screams.

Sometimes you'll get a growing following and can make a cult. But as soon as you start raping children in your cult, the feds will come after you. Unless you somehow can establish yourself as the Catholic Church in which case you can also get away with raping children for decades.

I am not a law major by the way.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        I think I read Siggie say that they studied law. Can you tell this forum what the penalty is for rape, murder, abduction and torture? Can you also tell this forum what the penalty is for covering up or falsifying the evidence of rape, murder, abduction and torture?
        Feel a bit like "Can you please state for the court....?" What exactly would this accomplish anyway? How is this relevant?

There are not set penalties for these; there are sentencing guidelines. Each case gets reviewed individually.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I just woke up ,it's 35 degrees below zero .As I'm waiting for the rig to warm up I check the forum. Believe Siggie is telling someone calling people murderers and rapists or saying people assocociate with murderers and rapists is the same as insulting them (a no no). I cannot remember what I wrote 5 hrs ago when I went to sleep but it sure sounds like something I'd say. I can't tell if something has been deleted or not. What am I missing here? Did rape and murder take place in the (AG) and was it people did these things? If someone covers up for someone who raped and murdered or tries to cover up ,is that not a crime? If anyone thought I ment to insult when I meant I think these need to be prosecuted or shot my apology /Artashes
          Oh, I think I see... You were confused by my post asking people not to insult one another. It didn't seem like I was talking to you, because I wasn't.

If you scroll up and read the previous posts, you'll see that I was referring to Hrai's comment to Sip here.

Originally posted by hrai View Post
          Do all rapists & murderers deny their crimes? You have intimate knowledge of these types of people I suppose.
          ----

Hopefully that has been clarified and we can get back on topic now.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

In response to I don't think anyone today can understand the gravity etc) that's an opinion and it your opinion. Disagree. Maybe you lack the ability to understand the gravity of an historical event but I don't. Please try telling someone who you respect and admire for their intellect that you don't think they can understand the gravity of the (AG)because they weren't there before you post me again on that. Your statement ( as opposed to your previose opinion that anyone who thinks they can is delusional is an insult and wrong : so for the insult to me here is an insult to you . Your statement and your opinion are shallow./ Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              Very interesting article, and very strong reasoning to why the French bill is important:

Akcam Says Genocide Recognition is about Justice, Not Freedom of Thought
              To engage in Genocide discussion is to engage in Turkish propaganda.....this is another reason why this bill should pass, regardless of French governments true intentions, in this case I don't think it matters because its a win either way even if Sarkozy shoots it down.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I just woke up ,it's 35 degrees below zero .As I'm waiting for the rig to warm up I check the forum. Believe Siggie is telling someone calling people murderers and rapists or saying people assocociate with murderers and rapists is the same as insulting them (a no no). I cannot remember what I wrote 5 hrs ago when I went to sleep but it sure sounds like something I'd say. I can't tell if something has been deleted or not. What am I missing here? Did rape and murder take place in the (AG) and was it people did these things? If someone covers up for someone who raped and murdered or tries to cover up ,is that not a crime? If anyone thought I ment to insult when I meant I think these need to be prosecuted or shot my apology /Artashes
                No Artashes, that shot was at me.
                Maybe you should aim for more than 5 hours sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  To engage in Genocide discussion is to engage in Turkish propaganda.....this is another reason why this bill should pass, regardless of French governments true intentions, in this case I don't think it matters because its a win either way even if Sarkozy shoots it down.
                  This.

Comment

Alaska is rough.....good bush flying/hunting though.

hrai looks like I missed all the fun again (posts getting deleted?).....damn
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

French lawmakers seek rejection of genocide law

(Reuters) - French lawmakers appealed to the country's highest court Tuesday to overturn a law that makes it illegal to deny the mass killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks nearly a century ago was genocide.

The move raises the possibility that the law, which sparked an angry reaction in Turkey, will be dismissed as unconstitutional.

The bill, which received final approval on January 23, prompted Ankara to cancel all economic, political and military meetings with Paris. Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan attacked the French parliament for passing what he said was "discriminatory and racist" legislation. [ID:nL5E8CN0RW]

More than 70 senators from across the political divide made the appeal to the court, said Jacques Mezard, a senator from a left-leaning party, the Democratic and Social European Group. Another 50 lawmakers in the lower house agreed to the appeal.

A minimum of 60 lawmakers is needed to make an appeal to the Constitutional Council, which has one month to make its decision.

If the court finds the law unconstitutional, the legislation is rejected.

Armenia, backed by many historians and parliaments, says about 1.5 million Christian Armenians were killed in what is now eastern Turkey during World War One in a deliberate policy of genocide ordered by the Ottoman government.

The Ottoman empire was dissolved after the end of the war, but successive Turkish governments and the vast majority of Turks feel the charge of genocide is a direct insult to their nation. Ankara argues there was heavy loss of life on both sides during fighting in the area.

(Reporting By John Irish; Editing by Alesasndra

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80U0QH20120131)

If the denial of the Holocaust can be sanctioned by law in France, I don't see why this court would go on to conclude that the punishment of Armenian genocide denial is anti-constitutional.
                      Last edited by Davo88; 01-31-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X