Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

According to this article, Sarkozy will quickly prepare a new law penalizing the denial of the Armenian genocide if the Constitutional Council considers the current law to be anti-constitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes
      I would like to say on behalf of every Armenian that has ever stood up and fought and died for the right to live for his family and country and the right to live on their own ( own ) land
      We have unfinished business to take care of./ Artashes
      This.

Comment

If their was any Armenian from the highlands of masif to the furthest reaches of what is called Anatolia that had any thing of any value,wether it be a house or food or clothes etc it was because they worked for it . We didn't steal it . Turkay ya ya ya cannot not say the same and the world (western anyway)knows it . Turkay ya ya is a fraud . And here we are struggling to point out the obvious . Please excuse me I have to take a dump .

Comment

I haven't made any deals with anybody but I have noticed some posts vanish.

Comment

Seriously... please, let's not behave like children... "You can't call me stupid, you poopy head!" At that point, you've lost any and all moral high ground.

Saying use your brain is not the same as calling someone brainless. It wasn't the nicest choice of words, but it's not good to interpret what people say in the most negative way possible and react to that. Maybe he wasn't even intending to be rude and it was a poor choice of words.

And saying people who share a particular opinion make others look bad isn't a personal insult.

Grow a slightly thicker skin and try to choose words more carefully.
            We're all otherwise very similar, we just disagree on this one narrow topic. Don't create rifts amongst us over nothing. We're always stronger united; a reminder we could all use now and again.

-----

Artashes, I am trying to keep the thread clean. I deleted your "1234 testing" posts; those have no place here. There's nothing else missing.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
              I agree that Turkey deserves to be destroyed but how is it artificial? Statements like that makes Armenian nationalism seem a tool for people who don't use their brain.
              That's hilarious. Saying turcey is artificial makes Armenian Nationalism seem a tool for people who don't use their brain but saying that turcey deserves to be destroyed doesn't??

Is this the same turcey that you want the borders open to? The same turcey with 500000 Armenians living there? The same turcey that you think will help the economy of Armenia with open borders?

Or are you now talking about the squatter bastard-state turcey ?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                It couldn't have been worse, could it?
                Think about this situation 5 Turkish states, total war and the Armenians living in one state would be fair game to the Turks living in an other state. Look what they did to Armenians living in the same state, now think what they would have done to Armenians living in a different.

Not my point there actually.
                Then what would have been the point?

The ottoman empire was propped up by rival European powers who were struggling with their own imperialistic ambitions. The Capitulations were perhaps unique in history.
                I don't understand what you mean by propped up. The European imperial states only at the end of the 19th century had enough power to destroy the Ottoman Empire and in 1914 the Tsar and the King of Britain were planning to do just that so don't see what you are getting at.

Why isn't it?
                Then is every other state as artificial as Turkey. Don't see what makes Turkey less natural and more artificial than any other state.

turcey being artificial isn't necessarily linked to Armenian nationalism...................other than perhaps by people who don't use their brain.
                Then what is it linked too? What is the point of calling it artificial? What do you even mean by artificial?

How do you ass-ume that I believe those countries owe me anything? I don't. I'm not naive enough to expect anything from any foreign country.

Where and how do I act as if I think any country owes me anything???
                throughout your whole post to be honest, to me it seems you are blaming other countries of things and not supporting Armenians.

You really don't need any help there.
                That is your opinion and it is up to the world to decide who makes Armenians and especially Armenian nationalists look bad.

[Quote[I made a deal with Siggie re this thread but can seriously feel a ban/exclusion coming on.[/QUOTE]
                I don't see anything in this post that could make you get banned to be honest.

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                In response to (who don't use their brains makes us all look bad.) I personally agree with what Hrai said, so the ( makes us all look bad) has no merit. It is only your opinion. When you accuse somebody of being brain less just because you think so you are being insulting and shallow You might try expressing your opions without the insulting and rude comment . Part of the matureing process is to stop acting like a junior twit./Artashes
                if you think that I am insulting someone report my posts and have the moderation team decide if I insult someone or not. You what is the best thing about free speech (something that many people here don't seem to like) is that I can say what ever I want and any way I want. You don't like my posts don't read them or you think I am being to rude then that is your problem and not mine. And next time can you please talk about my post and not make comments about me.

If anyone one this planet cannot see the complete and total unacceptable genoicide and the denial of same their humanity has deminished.these countries you accuose Hrai of wanting something from owe it to themselves and not just to the Armenian people if humanity is what they desire. Or they can go the way of the simi hominoid and just keep repeating ( it's mine-it's mine - it's mine --- or I didn't do it I didn't do it
                Those countries only care what is in their best interest and nothing else. If it is in their interest they will accept the genocide and fight to stop the denial of it and if it isn't they will just ignore it. If you hadn't realised it then welcome to the real world.

I would like to say on behalf of every Armenian that has ever stood up and fought and died for the right to live for his family and country and the right to live on their own ( own ) land
                We have unfinished business to take care of./ Artashes
                So you remember those people by taking away the rights of others? Doesn't that sound very hypocritical to you?

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                If their was any Armenian from the highlands of masif to the furthest reaches of what is called Anatolia that had any thing of any value,wether it be a house or food or clothes etc it was because they worked for it . We didn't steal it . Turkay ya ya ya cannot not say the same and the world (western anyway)knows it . Turkay ya ya is a fraud . And here we are struggling to point out the obvious . Please excuse me I have to take a dump .
                You are proud of that? You know what I am proud of that there was a die that we could go and conquer. Every kingdom in the Caucausus was our vassal, that our great kings ruled a land stretching from sea to sea. That we defeated a state so many times stronger than us.

The world only respects the strong if you are not strong you will be conquered and forgotten that is the rule of this world and it seems that Armenians can not accept that. No one cares that the Turks came and conquered your lands. The only thing we should concentrate on is how to get our lands back, how to make sure that we are strong enough that no one can take it away again and how we can get even more land and power. And call Turkey a fraud or anything else will just make the rest of the world laugh at you and point to the fact the fact that they took your land and they will not care and continue laughing because the world only respects the strong.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post

I don't understand what you mean by propped up. The European imperial states only at the end of the 19th century had enough power to destroy the Ottoman Empire and in 1914 the Tsar and the King of Britain were planning to do just that so don't see what you are getting at.
                  Seriously Karo you need to read about the European history of the 19th & early 20th centuries. The European states had the power to dissolve ottoman empire many many years earlier than you think.
                  The Capitulations were concessions made to European nationals living and trading in ottoman empire. Google them if you want.
                  The Tsar & the British king at the start of World War One were probably bigger rivals than any other 2 of the European empires. No European empire was allowed by the others to destroy the ottomans for fear of losing strategic position.
                  The ottoman empire was propped up by huge financial loans made by Western powers, especially France, these investments would have been lost if ottoman empire was destroyed. That's what I mean by "propped up".
                  throughout your whole post to be honest, to me it seems you are blaming other countries of things and not supporting Armenians.
                  Well I can't help how you read my posts. I blame no country other than ottoman/osman/baboon/turc. You think I don't support Armenians? Shame on you. For me Armenia isn't a distant remnant, a never-seen-or-to-be-seen homeland.

That is your opinion and it is up to the world to decide who makes Armenians and especially Armenian nationalists look bad.
                  Agreed, so agree with yourself then and don't you tell me that what I say or do makes Armenian Nationalist look bad.

[Quote[I made a deal with Siggie re this thread but can seriously feel a ban/exclusion coming on.
                  I don't see anything in this post that could make you get banned to be honest.
                  Neither do I, but I could have posted worse.

Comment

I don't want to get it to the argument, but I have to add this:

Hrai is right about Ottoman weakness. The peak of the Ottoman empire was around the 16th century. After that it was a slow and sad decline. By 1831 Greeks fought the Turks, and won their own independence, as did many other minorities. The European powers could have easily taken the Empire apart, but they couldn't divide the pie up in a way that satisfied everyone. After all, in the latter half of the 19th century, Russia took over all of the Armenian territories, and was likely going to annex it to the Russian Empire, preventing the Hamidian massacre as well as the Genocide. However England pressured Russia to return the territories, because they didn't want Russia to become that influential. IN FACT, following WWI, England took it personally upon itself, to punish Turkey, and restore Armenia because as a key figure was quoted saying, if not for us, the massacre of 1895 and the atrocity of 1915 would have never occurred.

Comment

In regard to Siggies post about my comments:the two phrases ( makes us all look bad)and (makes the rest of use look bad) are not the same as your interpretation ( makes others look bad) I'm part of ( the rest of use and also apart of all of us) and I do find it offensive. That person doesn't represent me . And as for the statement ( no country on this planet owes you anything / If we do not owe each other decency and humanity and cannot agree what the norms are then when I say I don't owe any of you (. ). And the comment ( maybe ) he wasn't trying to be rude , well maybe. That is how it comes off to me hence my request to skip the accusations and try making the point as your opion./ Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X