Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because most of it was opinion and not fact.

Comment

• Last movie I saw was Here On Earth, which was a couple of days ago. I was going through videos that I had and found "Here On Earth." It was a sweet movie. A chick flik. I give it a 7.5.
      I see...

Comment

• stark 99.9% of it was fact... which part of it was opinion???

1. the lady who lost her son in the war? who was crying in front of the white house?
        2. the old lady yelling in iraq to americans telling them you killed my neighbors?
        3. the fact that gore won the election?
        4. the fact that bush lied to the world
        5. the fact that saddam and osama were enemies
        6. the fact that the saudi's were controlling and lobbying the bushes since the 1980s...
        7. the fact that the bush administration had plans to attack iraq before they STOLE the presidency?

which was opinion??? powel? condy? bush? wolfowitz? rumsfeld? all lying?

???

please tell me so that i will stop reading the french, russian, german, italian, spanish, ARMENIAN news and every statement made in F-9/11 and start believing you and the Fox news station...

so is FOX more accurate then F-9/11??? and if your answer is yes then please get out more, try the internet and all the news and FACTUAL information available from different perspectives AND THEN go watch F-9/11 one more, and please be enlightened...

ignorance is no excuse!

Comment

• You're a turd. First of all, most of that list was the 5% and all of the talk around those items is the spinning of reality for propaganda purposes. He spent a great deal of time talking about nothing in particular. Let's take that lady who lost her son. It was his stupid opinon that that had anything at all to do with 9/11. It means nothing. It is a waste digital stock designed to get you to feel sorry for people so that you might lean to his point of view. It was his opinion that Bush's waiting around for several minutes in the classroom had any significance whatsoever (which it didn't though he has led people to believe it did) and further supports my position on that with his stupid voiceover saying what Bush could have been thinking. What a waste of time and an insult on my intelligence. How about that big meaningless exposition of carnage in the war. What the hell does that prove? Theoretically, I would be able to do that with any war ever fought; it doesn't prove a damn thing and is gobbled up by narrowminded people who are looking for more reasons to hate the current administration without considering those reasons. He said stupid stuff like the Saudis were allowed to leave on September 13 but didn't tell you that the air traffic hiatus was eased by then. Moore leads you to believe that Bush receiving CIA briefings somehow proves that he uses that information for business purposes. He recognizes that all presidents have that option but says he is the only one the chose to receive them. Did he forget that Bush served as director of the CIA? What a flatus. Unger says that he thinks Saudis have about 860 billion invested in America but that figure has no traceable foundation at all. Instead more reliable (pro-Saudi!) sources say that the investments are more to the tune of 700 billion WORLDWIDE. The list goes on lady. I'll tell you, I hate Bush, I'm against the war, etc. But I also hate it when people insult my intelligence. Bottom line: he could have published a three page article which would have been more factual and credible and, also, you haven't read crap.

Comment

• I saw "Wicker Park" this past weekend....I liked the way the movie was done, but the story line didn't hold that much of an interest for me. For one thing, I was expecting some shocking secret at the end, but the ending was very weak and not at all surprising... The main character was played by Josh Harnett (I think that's the way it's spelled) and I thought he was really good...He really did portray the character with flawless sincerity...I really did believe he was madly in love with this girl that just disappeared one day...there is a bit of comic relief from the main characters side kick, which would break some of the tense the movie caused with the "dramatic" story line....all in all, it was good acting, with a weak story.

Comment

• 1st of i never called you names, and you did call me names, that was stupid but i will not go down to your level and call you names...

- then it wasnt micheal moore that got me thinking about this, it was everything else... yes mr bush's reaction to the attacks was so frightening to me that it shows to me that as a leader he cant function, he freezes, yes i may freeze but i am not the president of the US of A, so if i wanna become the president of the US of A i will make sure that i have some experience/credentials in government, politcs, law, economics, and what to do when your coutnry is in attack mr. commander in THIEF...

the war scenes are important to prove a point, they prove the point that war is not sometihng you all of a sudden do... it is terrible it is horrible and people dont see this kind of information on their regular tv, they only see what the good ol media wants them to see, dont you remember that the news used to show that people in iraq were jumping for joy when US forces went in, but all of a sudden F-9/11 comes out and they arent showing as much of that, but they still wont tell you that 1000+ soldiers have died in iraq...

dont you remember that disney --> time warner, did not want to distribute the movie, and lions gate (CANADIAN Movie studio) bought it and then distributed it to us... so the good old mr. commander in thief stole the election, did not want the public to see this film, which totally made all the media look like hog wash, you mean to say that this did not prove a point?

my goodness...

the air traffic was not at ease by then, my dear, see this is why i said, you should go out mroe, and read other news papers, if you cant read french, or russian or german try the BBC online... or try the US of A government websites for Air Traffice control... on Sept 13th the air traffice control was not at ease, and you know what, it was on 11 and 12 that they were also allowed to leave the country... there is a great book by Craig Unger called House of Bush and House of Saud, please read it...

yes my dear the financial linkage does have tracable foundations, please get the book and go to the references and prove yourself WRONG...

again, i have read many things, and i would never call any of the things crap, well except for right wing crap... however you probably should know that this was a MOVIE, and not a bullet point essay, and so it was supposed to be visual, it was geared toward making the complex issues for the american public, easily understandable and clear... many people did not know that bush sat there AFTER he was told that the country was under attack... or that the Saudi's lobby the rich right wing idiots, that they are buddies and maybe to try and understand why so many people hate americans... its definitly not beacuse of our "freedom" its because of our policies that hurt other people, that have hurt so many iraqis, saudis, afghans, and thats just related to this point in time, but American policies that have hurt so many people around the world have only happened because the PUBLIC of the USA did not know what their government was doing... and they should know...

so why is it that this movie comes out, tells the truth and you hate it? i dont know? when we find out the truth as a MASS of people, some people say "oh you know i hated the war scense because thats propaganda..." you know its not that showing people being blown up is good/bad its what this government has done that was bad, and there is a very strong and couragious person named MICHAEL MOORE, who has money and the time to put it all together for all of us to see and not be tricked by FOX news and every other media station owned by clear channel... i think he is a hero for doing all of us a favor...

and you know something else stark, if it wasnt for this movie, so many people would not agree with your views on bush or the war... because if this movie did not show in the simplest form the truth, people would think you were wrong in hating the bushes and the fact that you said you were against the war... but nope they dont hate you, and i certainly have no feelings of that sort... 80% of the population who has seen this movie, will agree with your views, and i agree because i have read things before this movie even came out... but if they had not seen it they would not agree with you

thats how i know that people did not agree with me before but after this WONDERFUL movie, they see what i am talking about... and agree completely...

so i still give this movie 10 billion thumbs WAY UP! thank you michael moore for giving us the truth and making such difficult issues so easily understandable for everyone to see... you are a true hero of the 21st century, you may even be responsible for the nov. 2 election results and the change in presidency... thanks again, for making the public realize who they should NOT vote for and how their governemnt has been BAD all these years...

it was a rather powerful movie, it made me wanna impeach that sucker...

the visual is only there to simplify stark, not to make you bored... its ok to not like the prolonged dialog, but that didnt make ths movie bad, this movie was so good that it could've gone on for another 2 hours and i would've said thank you...

Comment

• Wow, that was a big mess right there. I scanned through it because it was mostly a bunch of crap Moore wants people to believe.

"yes mr bush's reaction to the attacks was so frightening to me that it shows to me that as a leader he cant function"
                I don't care how laypeople interpret his non-action. That was not Moore's sentiment and whatever his sentiment was is completely meaningless and proves nothing. We're talking about "Fahrenheit 911."

"the war scenes are important to prove a point, they prove the point that war is not sometihng you all of a sudden do... "
                You mean because if you rush into it people might get hurt?

Disney not accepting to distribute the movie was not perpetrated by Bush.

Air traffic was eased on the 13th and completely opened on the 14th or 15th. The Saudis left on the 13th. I'm not going to say that again.

Unger has stated two sources for his 860 billion figure and in checking both of those, neither will support that number. Again, a pro-Saudi think tank, says 700 as a worldwide figure.

I don't hate it because it tells the truth. You aren't paying attention. I don't like it much because it is skewed and wastes a lot of time insulting my intelligence and the truth in it is not frequent enough.

"if it wasnt for this movie, so many people would not agree with your views on bush or the war... because if this movie did not show in the simplest form the truth, people would think you were wrong in hating the bushes"
                Oh, really? When did I tell you my reasons? A bit presumptuous, no?
                Furthermore, to think this movie changed a lot of people's minds is optimistic anyway. Most of the people that liked it agreed with its point before they saw it.

"its ok to not like the prolonged dialog, but that didnt make ths movie bad"
                Umm... yes it did. See, I watch all sorts of movies, many that would even bore you because everything is so long-winded. The difference is those movies had a point to all of that and this one just throws it in to take up space and win people over by praying on their fears and their ignorance, just like the government does.

"however you probably should know that this was a MOVIE, and not a bullet point essay, and so it was supposed to be visual, it was geared toward making the complex issues for the american public, easily understandable and clear... "
                I'm saying it didn't do that. It was just making things understandable; it was trying to convince people that his opinions were facts by the use of ommision and by presenting things that prayed on your conscience and your emotions as opposed to logic.

Pawns like you are used for their weaknesses, not their strengths.

Comment

• wow, so you admit you did not read it, well then you have no right to critic it if you havent read it...

disney and bush connection you are blind - jeb bush is the governer of florida, and disney corp in florida was the one who was supposed to distribute it... and so the CEO of disney wrote a nice letter saying that they will not ditrubute it because of long term good relations with the governer of florida...

you keep repeating the words "pro saudi" well that should be a give away, if they are for saudi, then that figure is rather small compared to their actual numbers... and all of craig under's source are FACT based and true...

the saudis did not leave on the 13th they left earlier then that, most likely on the 11th and the 12th and the 13th and it was not eased... do you udnerstand that, i wasnt even allowed to go back to work on the 13th, I WORK AT NASA...

the truth isnt frequent enough? what are you talking about? frequent? you want it to be every day? or every hour? or every minute? the frequency of something is the amount of times it accurs... the truth can not be frequent it can either be DIRECT, or indirect...

actually i personally know people who changed their minds after they saw it... they didnt change their mind because they saw it, but after they saw the movie, they decided to research more...

i dont care why you dont like bush, or the war... its the FACT taht you said you didnt like it why i thought you didnt like it... if you had not told me that you didnt like them i would not think that you dont like them... i did not assume anything... actually i just took your words rather verbatim...

nope this movie does not do anything to play on people anything, jsut like the government... i liked this movie beacuse it made it simple... and you are not understanding my reasons, but hey you didnt even read the whole thing i wrong previously...

excuse you... again i never called you names and i am not going to stup to your LOW level to do so either, however i would like to point out to you, that there is no pawn greater in this world then people such as yourself who will not believe the truth and will continue to judge things such as this movie by your narrow and brain washed views from the media...

F-9/11 WON the highest prize at the CANNES this year and i dont know about you, but those people that judge movies in France, are not idiots, they are professionals, and you know something else, we here in the USofA never get to see the BEST movies because something might be not suitable for the american public that you represnt... the rest of the world who judged this movie did not see anything fictional about it, rather they gave it the highest prize because they wanted us to see it...

Comment

• Harold and Kumar go to Whitecaste.......absalutely hillarious. just watch the Credits when the movie finishes......[and watch it stoned]

Comment

• Originally posted by nunechka
                      wow, so you admit you did not read it, well then you have no right to critic it if you havent read it...
                      Nice try. I responded to you point by point. That's obvious. You're arguing like a child.

disney and bush connection you are blind - jeb bush is the governer of florida, and disney corp in florida was the one who was supposed to distribute it... and so the CEO of disney wrote a nice letter saying that they will not ditrubute it because of long term good relations with the governer of florida...
                      And why is this significant? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

you keep repeating the words "pro saudi" well that should be a give away, if they are for saudi, then that figure is rather small compared to their actual numbers... and all of craig under's source are FACT based and true...
                      The point of saying "pro-Saudi" is that the organization promotes the Saudis' financial position in the world and doesn't deflate it.

the saudis did not leave on the 13th they left earlier then that, most likely
                      Most likely? Oh, very good. Now you've won. Sheesh.

on the 11th and the 12th and the 13th and it was not eased... do you udnerstand that, i wasnt even allowed to go back to work on the 13th, I WORK AT NASA...
                      I don't care where you work. Go back and actually read what I wrote.

the truth isnt frequent enough? what are you talking about? frequent? you want it to be every day? or every hour? or every minute? the frequency of something is the amount of times it accurs... the truth can not be frequent it can either be DIRECT, or indirect...
                      Ok, then you admit that a great deal of it may be bullcakes, right?
                      Look, when somebody makes a "documentary" to "reveal the truth" he undertakes a certain responsibility and that's his problem; not mine.

i dont care why you dont like bush, or the war... its the FACT taht you said you didnt like it why i thought you didnt like it... if you had not told me that you didnt like them i would not think that you dont like them... i did not assume anything... actually i just took your words rather verbatim...
                      Alright, what the hell are you talking about? The only reason I said that you knowing my reasons was important is because you said that people would not have agreed with my reasons for hating Bush before they saw the movie. In order for you to make such a comment you would (a) need to know my reasons and (b) see peoples reaction to those reasons before and after watching the film.

nope this movie does not do anything to play on people anything, jsut like the government... i liked this movie beacuse it made it simple... and you are not understanding my reasons, but hey you didnt even read the whole thing i wrong previously...
                      I don't care that you liked this movie! It uses rhetoric to send its message because it lacks the confidence to rely solely on logic and facts!

excuse you... again i never called you names and i am not going to stup to your LOW level to do so either, however i would like to point out to you, that there is no pawn greater in this world then people such as yourself who will not believe the truth and will continue to judge things such as this movie by your narrow and brain washed views from the media...
                      Actually, you just stooped. You called me low, you called me a pawn, you said I was narrow and brain-washed. Oops.

I love how being skeptical is not virtuous. Notice the I don't completely accept or dismiss either side of the story.

F-9/11 WON the highest prize at the CANNES this year and i dont know about you, but those people that judge movies in France, are not idiots, they are professionals, and you know something else, we here in the USofA never get to see the BEST movies because something might be not suitable for the american public that you represnt... the rest of the world who judged this movie did not see anything fictional about it, rather they gave it the highest prize because they wanted us to see it...
                      Cannes!? Christ! Cannes judges films as films! Not as sources of information! What the hell is wrong with you?!
                      Last edited by Stark Evade; 09-07-2004, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X