Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Everyone in California is obsessed with Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone in California is obsessed with Cars

I just wanted to say that. I hear it's not uncommon in LA for a woman to directly ask a man what kind of a car he drives. As opposed to New York where the common question is what train do you take? In fact some of the very wealthy people in New York don't even own a car and instead use Cabs or Car services.

Eventhough I have to say that I highly enjoy driving, I could care less about different models. One of my boyfriends had an old Oldsmobile, and we used to get huge kicks out of racing with BMWs since his car was massive and took a while to gain speed but once it did, there would be no question in which one would win the race. The guys in brand new expensive cars would get so angry.

Once I even dated a guy whose car was so rusty it was practically chipping. When he would park it would shake and rattle for good 2 minutes before it would finally stop. It was so funny, I had to hide my face from embarrassment, the noise could be heard 2 blocks down. I was always afraid it would fall apart during parking.

Not everyone.

However, since people spend more time for longer distances in cars in L.A. than in any other city, the comfort of a nicer car is always more appreciated.

And do not get me started on the dellusional, superficial Hollywood mentality.

Comment

Fixing up cars is a hobby for some and they take great pride in their "work".

Dusken is correct... cars are more necessary in LA than they are New York. I NEED a reliable car (and that often means new or newer) because I drive 50-80 miles a day.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Sad but true. The minute a girl ask me what kind of car I drive I am out the door.

Comment

i've asked if the topic of cars has come up, but mostly its tells you something about the person, not so much a judgement of how much they make.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie i've asked if the topic of cars has come up, but mostly its tells you something about the person, not so much a judgement of how much they make.
            So if they drive a sh!tty, rusty, old piece of crap, would that make them a good or bad person?

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs So if they drive a sh!tty, rusty, old piece of crap, would that make them a good or bad person?
              Depends on the car

My first car (around 1993) was a burgandy colored 1982 chevy malibu station wagon. I drove it until the engine blew up. Then I had a 2-door limited 1983 buick regal that was stolen and recovered once and then broken into a second time but my cheap alarm saved it! I drove it until the engine died on that one too ... The cars themselves weren't worth much but boy did I LOVE driving them around

I just can't imagine life without driving.
              Last edited by Sip; 03-30-2004, 10:49 PM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Perhaps the full degree of my sarcasm didn't come through in my last post. What if someone can't afford the car that "fits their personality"? Hahaha such a silly idea.

Comment

I somehow never manage to muster up any respect for a kid driving a fancy car that mommy and daddy gave him the keys to.

To me, the type of car says a lot about a person and fancy doesn't necessarily speak too highly of the owner to me. Unless I know the person was able to afford it by themselves or at least worked hard to get it.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Cars don't mean shyt to me. I prefer bicycles.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X