Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Revolution finally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revolution finely?

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
    Bro you sound like a nasty Wall Street executives.
    how so? These people are living the good life, they haven't been through hardships or tough times. They should grow up.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Whats wrong with you bro? These patriotic people are protesting the wrong directing the country is heading in because of corrupt politicians and bankers. They are not protesting because they are starving. Not yet. Let me guess your father works for a bank LOL!

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      how so? These people are living the good life, they haven't been through hardships or tough times. They should grow up.

Comment

Whats wrong with you bro? These patriotic people are protesting the wrong directing the country is heading in because of corrupt politicians and bankers. They are not protesting because they are starving. Not yet. Let me guess your father works for a bank LOL!
        I could care less about America or what happens to it. Honestly, I want a weak America, one that is not getting its nose in everybody's business. One that is not giving so much support to the Turks and Israelis. So, I become happy when I see US going in bad direction. These protesters should see their situation relative to other people in the world.

And no you guessed wrong.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Bro how can you say that? America is the best country in the world! Remember the founding fathers. We cant let these corrupt bankers and politicians sell this country for their profit. Stop being a America hater. You probably live in this country so stop being like that. Let me take another guess your dad is a Wall Street executive LOL! I'm kidding with you bro, but you sound like you grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth. You need to look at things from the people's perspective!

Peace bro!

I could care less about America or what happens to it. Honestly, I want a weak America, one that is not getting its nose in everybody's business. One that is not giving so much support to the Turks and Israelis. So, I become happy when I see US going in bad direction. These protesters should see their situation relative to other people in the world.

And no you guessed wrong.

Comment

Bro how can you say that? America is the best country in the world! Remember the founding fathers. We cant let these corrupt bankers and politicians sell this country for their profit. Stop being a America hater. You probably live in this country so stop being like that. Let me take another guess your dad is a Wall Street executive LOL! I'm kidding with you bro, but you sound like you grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth. You need to look at things from the people's perspective!

Peace bro!
            First off, Armenia is the best country in the world. At least for me, maybe for you its Turkey supporting US. No, I didn't grow up with a silver spoon, I actually grew up in rather rough conditions, especially my parents who had it much worse. My close relatives, even worse conditions. So I know very well what is the poor perspective or the "people's perspective". The only reason we were able to climb out of those rough times is through determination, hard work, and a little bit of luck. You must be hard working and determined to get anywhere in life. I notice that a lot of American people like to complain, and complain, but are to lazy to do anything about it or work to better their condition.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

First off, Armenia is the best country in the world. At least for me, maybe for you its Turkey supporting US. No, I didn't grow up with a silver spoon, I actually grew up in rather rough conditions, especially my parents who had it much worse. My close relatives, even worse conditions. So I know very well what is the poor perspective or the "people's perspective". The only reason we were able to climb out of those rough times is through determination, hard work, and a little bit of luck. You must be hard working and determined to get anywhere in life. I notice that a lot of American people like to complain, and complain, but are to lazy to do anything about it or work to better their condition.
              Yeah, they spend all their time watching movies, sports then party, drink and fu@k when they are supposed to be getting an education then they complain about being poor. Let them all finally sink in the poor culture that they hold so high.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Mos you dont know wtf your talking about. You were the same kid endorsing your stupid friends abusing Iranians in Armenia. People in america work very hard way harder then in Armenia!. Many work multiple jobs just to get by. Work in Armenia is a relative term with people blowing off most of the workday bsing, smoking, socializing, playing nardi-cards, comparing clothes, having sex... Its not the same xxxx. Since America does not suport education like many other countries many Americans simply cannot get that good education which is like another mortgage. The protesters here are standing up to Abusive structures like the financial institutions which rob not just americans but everyone else including Armenia! They are not crybabies-they are out in freezing weather standing up to abusive cops so that needed changes will be made-so wtf are u doing with your time?
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I love Armenia but Armenia is very far from being the best country in the world. If Armenia was the best country you and your family wouldnt be here you would be in Armenia. USA has been a great nation for all peoples until special interests in the country started destroying it from the inside. Also Americans are one of the most hardworking and courageous people on earth. Hard work and patriotism made this country a great nation. But I agree that it is changing which is the reason why the people are now begining to rise. Bro all Im sayin is stop bad mouthing America while you live a good life here and start helping American patriots take their government back.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Mos you dont know wtf your talking about. You were the same kid endorsing your stupid friends abusing Iranians in Armenia. People in america work very hard way harder then in Armenia!. Many work multiple jobs just to get by. Work in Armenia is a relative term with people blowing off most of the workday bsing, smoking, socializing, playing nardi-cards, comparing clothes, having sex... Its not the same xxxx. Since America does not suport education like many other countries many Americans simply cannot get that good education which is like another mortgage. The protesters here are standing up to Abusive structures like the financial institutions which rob not just americans but everyone else including Armenia! They are not crybabies-they are out in freezing weather standing up to abusive cops so that needed changes will be made-so wtf are u doing with your time?
                    I'm sorry, but no they are not. You are wrong. It shouldn't be societies responsibility to pay for your $40,000/year education so you can study "Latin Ethnic Studies", drink and smoke you're brain cells away, and when you get out of college, have no job waiting for you. It is your responsibility as an adult, to have some sort of a plan. When I hear stories like "I took $200,000 of loans to finish my undergraduate in sociology" I feel no empathy whatsoever for people's irresponsibility and stupidity. How do you not plan ahead and think, wait a second, I'm going to make $30,000 a year as a social worker, is this really the major for me? and if it is, Is a $50,000 university the school for this major? How exactly am I going to pay that off? After all there are hundreds of prestigious state education options which are much much more affordable. It is not AT ALL societies responsibility to make up for your mistakes, lack of planning, and laziness.

And don't give me this BS that everyone can't get an education. If anything, the education system favors the poor. If you are poor, the government practically pays for everything. I WOULD PERSONALLY KNOW. My first year in college, I paid very little, because the year before my family income was low. However as my family moved to the middle class this year, I am paying much much more. Furthermore, every Armenian that I know in my university who comes from a low income family, pays about 200 dollars a year for a top private education. Even if you are middle class, there are so many options, that any person can find a reasonable plan.

I came to this country 10 years ago and my family had 500 dollars to its name. As an eleven year old, I was in Austria, as my family ran out of money, with no means to return to Iran, and no way to get to America. I know what its like to live in poverty. So I'm not some big mouth rich spoiled kid who doesn't know what he is talking about. I attend USC, one of the more expensive universities around. I am personally responsible for 30,000 this year. Thats after financial aid, thats what I have to pay. However, I planned ahead of time. I chose a major that would actual get me somewhere in life. I planned how much money I could expect to make out of college, what loans I would take, and what rates I would pay them back, and how much I would work while in college. I work more hours than just about any student I know, I pay all of my tuition that is not covered in loans, and I have a plan to pay those off in a reasonable manner.

If anything, the problems in the education system can be attributed to government involvement and subsidization. Before government got involved, these same schools were $7K adjusted to today's money. Most people could go to school, pay it all while in college by working part time. After the govt began offering interest free loans and everything else, universities began jacking up prices.

You live in America. Every opportunity is laid out in front of you. At the age of 18-22 you are not responsible for a family, a house, anything. It is your responsibility to make something out of yourself, not societies responsibility to take care of your irresponsibility, mistakes, and laziness.

Comment

I love Armenia but Armenia is very far from being the best country in the world. If Armenia was the best country you and your family wouldnt be here you would be in Armenia. USA has been a great nation for all peoples until special interests in the country started destroying it from the inside. Also Americans are one of the most hardworking and courageous people on earth. Hard work and patriotism made this country a great nation. But I agree that it is changing which is the reason why the people are now begining to rise. Bro all Im sayin is stop bad mouthing America while you live a good life here and start helping American patriots take their government back.
                      If you definition of "best country" is the strongest economy, yes Armenia isn't that. When I say Armenia is the best country I say it that it is the best country for me, because it is the only country I would defend my life with, it is the country of my family and relatives, and after all its the country that I have grown up in every year for several months. Armenia has steadily improved from a country where heat, electricity, and good food were luxuries to a developing state where the conditions are much better. I bad mouth America, based on their foreign policy. The only reason I and anybody else can have a good life here is through work. US is not a place that automatically gives you the good life. We've been very, very poor in America with no papers, and little hope, but its through our determination and hard work we were able to build a better life for ourselves - the government didn't do it for us, it was a great majority our effort and our sweat. I will go back to Armenia very soon and raise family there - be near relatives and eventually with my intermediate family as well. I will try my best to help my nation go forward.

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      I endorsed the abuse of hooligan tourists that didn't behave themselves and didn't show any respect to Armenians while visiting the country. I have a right to, as I will not let some habrgac tourists run over us and behave like idiots. The political culture of America stands against such social benefits and instead favours larger corporations and businesses. There is that culture of favouritism towards business that is a foundation in the US - and those protesters should understand this. They cannot change such a culture overnight. Do those people forget all the people who were taking mortgages when they did not have the money or credit to pay back? The people who lied on such applications in order to buy a house or car they couldn't afford? Aren't those people responsible to for all these financial woes? Why they only target one portion of the problem. Yes there were some guilty bankers who made illegal choices, but that doesn't mean all banks and such people are responsible for this, it's a combination of many things, and the protesters over-simplify and generalise - trying to find a suitable scapegoat in order to fit some political agenda.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X