Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will you marry an Armenian/non-Armenian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you marry an Armenian/non-Armenian?

Well? What ya folks think.

For me it's the initial.
    Achkerov kute.

That is a very weak attempt at getting your thread filled with posts. This topic has been discussed and answered in a previous thread created by yours truly titled “Can I have a Bride to Go please?” Anything posted here will be just a replica. You get a matchbox full of dead lice for originality, Bravo!

Comment

hi guys, i think this topic slightly differs from bride to go one, cause that one was about Armenian ladies in the US and in Armenia (i havent read it fully though)

anyway if i had the option of marrying Turks/Non-Turks i would not be able to choose either one...

foreign guys may be alright as there is a huge variety of them , but for me i would only marry a foreign guy if he accepts to live with me in Turkey. Cos i wouldnt be able to leave my family and my home... But that might be unfair in terms of the guy having his own family own country and all...

Turkish guys can be a bother sometimes, they are too jealous, they behave as if they own you, and they would prefer u not to work and stay at home take care of kids, and ur in-laws, cook, etc....

You can date a Turkish guy, and be very happy, but when it is marriage think twice!!

i believe i can make such a generalization.... for Turkish guys, they are so selfish,

they do not think whether as a person you have goals, and u want to have a career and all, they just want u to be wife and only wife... that is unfair...

there can be exceptions maybe but it is usually like this...

But i guess there is only one good thing about most Turkish guys, some of them can treat you so well...

i guess i will never be able to marry anyone... such a dilemma

Comment

To disksoleil

Hi,
        i am a lil bit lost here .... help to understand .... u r totaly sure that u want marry an armenian without even tellin why.....But u wrote a composition about how turk guys behave (i'm totaly agree about their domenant treatingsi'm not talking from experience...but i don't have to, it's not so damn hard to figur out) and then your r telling that some of theem r soooooo nice ......

I know, that some of armenians r not blaming a "modern" turks for what happend in 1915 ,,,, and armenian girls r dating turkish guys....and think that it's ok.....

For me it's just a BIG NO .... i'm am disgusted ... even a thought of being with a turk is making me pjuk..... Do u think, that they care? They r just making a scores ..by f''' armenian girls ... and u r being so naiv...to think, that they might be *sooo nice* WAKE UP!

Have u totaly lost your dignity ?!

I honestly don't wonna be hard or cruel..... i'm sorry if i am.... i mean well ..... just want u to understand that we suffered too much....our sisters, mothers..... were raped...... ( i don't need to tell u what they did..u probably know) .... so think .......
        :!: :!: :!:

P.S. try to find a nice armenian guy ... there are a lot of them waitin' ... give them a chanse... and let turks to find their equal an live happy ever after ......

Comment

Artsakhtsi....

Thanks for your advice

Comment

U are very welcome

Comment

To disksoleil

ow..... i did not know that u r a muslim, well..... forget the thing i wrote about u and armenian guys......
              Just consider the part ..where i wrote about equal things...... 8)

Comment

no problem arshakti...

and thanx again for your suggestions,

but i believe there are perfect inequalities in the world...

one day i might end up marrying an armenian though

I know, that some of armenians r not blaming a "modern" turks for what happend in 1915 ,,,, and armenian girls r dating turkish guys....and think that it's ok..... ----> i believe marriage is more to love than politics.... if i love someone i do not care about the consequences or reasons, or anything, i just love... and i wouldnt hesitate marrying an armenian, greek, english, russian, chinese, italian IF i love him...

i am sorry guys, whatever happened in the past it CANT be forgotten but i can assure you, majority in Turkey doesnt know of a genocide that happened and most people just think that Armenian hate us so much cos they couldnt get land by the Sevres Treaty...

We are not so disgusting people, just like everyone else we have the right to live and YEs god created us too, we did not come from another planet, we have moral values, and YES it is possible that we could fall in love, cry get disappointed, hope, make wish etc...

Whatever happened in the past that makes u feel I am responsible for it, i feel like shouting in your faces, "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, I WOULD NEVER KILL YOU PEOPLE, WHY SHOULD I?' please guys, there is no point of u running away when u came across a turk, or swearing at him or anything, just because you hate him and in the past some turks raped armenian girls and killed the guys...

This thing must be really hurting you guys pretty bad, but i want to share your pain rather than carrying the heavy responsibility and getting fingers pointed at me...

when u talk to me, none of you will lose your dignity, you will lose nothing....

i watched ararat the other day, in the movie the old man says 'why they hate so much', now ALL I SEE IS THAT YOU GUYS HATE US SO MUCH

i wish no one hate no one...

i wish the genocide was recognized by the government and u guys stopped hating us... but if all this fuss is just to take land from us, i wouldnt agree, there are so many people living in those cities, and guess what, KURDS say that those lands once belonged to KURDISTAN and we made a genocide on them and therefore we should return it to them...

guys i am puzzled..

write me something.

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil
                  no problem arshakti...

and thanx again for your suggestions,

but i believe there are perfect inequalities in the world...

one day i might end up marrying an armenian though

I know, that some of armenians r not blaming a "modern" turks for what happend in 1915 ,,,, and armenian girls r dating turkish guys....and think that it's ok..... ----> i believe marriage is more to love than politics.... if i love someone i do not care about the consequences or reasons, or anything, i just love... and i wouldnt hesitate marrying an armenian, greek, english, russian, chinese, italian IF i love him...

i am sorry guys, whatever happened in the past it CANT be forgotten but i can assure you, majority in Turkey doesnt know of a genocide that happened and most people just think that Armenian hate us so much cos they couldnt get land by the Sevres Treaty...

We are not so disgusting people, just like everyone else we have the right to live and YEs god created us too, we did not come from another planet, we have moral values, and YES it is possible that we could fall in love, cry get disappointed, hope, make wish etc...

Whatever happened in the past that makes u feel I am responsible for it, i feel like shouting in your faces, "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, I WOULD NEVER KILL YOU PEOPLE, WHY SHOULD I?' please guys, there is no point of u running away when u came across a turk, or swearing at him or anything, just because you hate him and in the past some turks raped armenian girls and killed the guys...

This thing must be really hurting you guys pretty bad, but i want to share your pain rather than carrying the heavy responsibility and getting fingers pointed at me...

when u talk to me, none of you will lose your dignity, you will lose nothing....

i watched ararat the other day, in the movie the old man says 'why they hate so much', now ALL I SEE IS THAT YOU GUYS HATE US SO MUCH

i wish no one hate no one...

i wish the genocide was recognized by the government and u guys stopped hating us... but if all this fuss is just to take land from us, i wouldnt agree, there are so many people living in those cities, and guess what, KURDS say that those lands once belonged to KURDISTAN and we made a genocide on them and therefore we should return it to them...

guys i am puzzled..

write me something.

Hi again,

U r interesting to talk with,

I'm not blaming u - no .... I'm just telling the facts ....

Though, i still can't realy imagine to date a turk, not even talking about marrying one ..... but it's my personal opiniom.. u don't have to agree... so it's cool.

Well, about fact , that majority of "modern" turks do not know that part of history, that's too bad..... it's not some tiny thing...that u can forget or ignore..... the young geniration gotta know why we, armenian ppl, do not like u.... then, maybe then, they'll understand ( like u did, i think) that history CAN NOT not forgotten :!:

U don't have to share our pain, it's impossible i think..... it's enough for u to understand that anger(it's not a sign of weakness in that case) and disappointment we feel....... And by recognizing the Genocide u'll make a clever and civilized step! Just look at Germany..... what did they do with all Europe .... but the recognized there mistake and solved this huge problem on a civilised level......... a perfect example!

About giving "your" territory ....... or taking land from u ...... U can't take something that is yours.....like Van,Erzrum,Bitlis,Bingol,Ghars,Sasoun,Tigranakert, Ani,Kars,Adana .....i can continue...but i wont (u've got my point) that territory belongs to uss fron the year 1917/18 .... so simple is that!

And i'm sure, that there r normal ppl among your nation......

Anyway, i hope u understood me.... and not puzzeled anymore 8)

Comment

I can't say 100% that I WILL marry an Armenian guy someday because much as I wish I could sometimes, I can't tell what is going to happen in the future. I can say I hope to marry an Armenian guy, and it's almost certain I will because even though my parents haven't barred me from dating/being with someone not Armenian I have only ever been attracted to Armenian guys. I don't mean attracted in the physical sense, because that would just be silly. I mean attraction to the whole package, as someone I would date, with long-term ish relationship in mind......... However life being unoredictable sometimes, what-ifs are an everyday part of life. And what if I met some guy who (as some people do i've noticed) falls in love with this whole Armenian culture, being, etc... and learns armenian and wants to marry an armenian girl and raise his children to know the armenian culture and be armenian, etc... What if that happened and I fell in love with this guy? Well then his not being armenian wouldn't keep me from marrying him in that case
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Working...
                    X