Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

the matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the people that complained missed the complete philosophy.

Re-watch the first and second ones and then the third one, and if you still can't make sense of it, shoot yourself please.

I'm tired of people whining and complaining about how this movie sucked because their limited minds couldn't graps it or follow a simple 3 part xxxxing story.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

I really didn't understand the first one, I found them ALL depressing, and well.. I slept through the 2nd one, so I'm not going to even waste my time

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan There you go thinking you're smarter than everyone else.
        Is the part with Buster Douglas junior (the boxer) cursing in the second movie for no reason, the needless exposing of a vigina (digitaly of course), or was it the useless fight scene between neo and the the oracle's protector that you found so deep. Face it, they turned it into a popular ficition movie after they saw the first made some money. But maybe I am missing the deepness. PLASE EXAPLIAIN OH BIG GIANT HEAD!! I'm all ears, please explain it to me. I am begging to find out.
        No you clown, the movies were already all made they were just released apart.

I never claimed I'm smarter since I am not the only one who understands the meaning and plot of the film. It is fiction in case you haven't figured that out, not a drama. Now it's not my fault youre brain is unable to comprehend a simple film, but don't call other people 'preaching to be smart' when you're just obtuse and other people can follow a story line and the philosophy.

Apparently the only reason you and those that don't understand the Matrix, watch such films, is for popular action and cheap thrills and other such things, and when once a movie decides to go beyond it and have a deeper meaning to it, you are horrified and it "sucks".

Like I said, if you paid attention to the first and second movies, and the dialogue as well as the philosophy you would see it all makes sense. You were paying attention to the wrong things.

Neo sacrafices himself as does Trinity to save the human race. The machines and humans strike a truce, if Neo can get rid of agent Smith, then the machines would learn to coexist with the humans.

At the end a new version of the matrix is formed, however, in this one people have a choice whether they stay or leave. There are no controls to try and force the people who reject the matrix to stay. In addition, because people can leave if they desire, there is no new "one" because the equation is perfectly balanced.

In Reloaded, the Architect said the problem was choice. Now the problem is solved. Choices were given to people so that they could continue to exist in the matrix, but by now giving them the choice to leave, there is no variable left in the equation.

It was also slick as hell that the oracle messed with smith's mind. made him all arrogant thinking he would win the war alone, so he had everyone just stand and watch.

I think the way Neo won was also cool, he realized in the end, it was inevitable and Smith would take him over, but that would be his downfall, since then the machines, which are directly connected to Neo could activate like a destruct mechanism.

All in all, great movie and if you didnt understand the general gist of it, like I said, shoot yourself.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

hahahahhahah
          I love you guys's arguements...
          it's like you guys both win
          all the time!
          haha
          wanna threesome?
          ewwlol

Comment

xxxx im sorry for my previous comment. i loved this movie. the only reason i watched is i got in for free but now that i saw it i would have paid 10$ anyday. it really was a cool movie not for the action sequences or anything but because it just had a great idea and played on some really deep things. and after watching it i couldnt help seeing all the parallels to jesus i dont know whether this was because someone had said that on this forum and i read it or if the parallels were really there. Anyway great movie i recommend it to anyone.

Comment

From the Matrix website:
              For those wondering... black cats continue to crisscross our servers. Where? There, yes, right there...

A witches brew of hex is in the pot and being stirred. For those who have tamed 8 bit, and then 32 bit encryption here at the site, what might be next?

More shortly...

TheMatrix.com

Cryptic b.s. or something else? You decide.

Emil

Comment

hmmm. I think the trilogy did slow down at this the last movie. but then it's the third one so it can't be expected to be as great as the first or even as good as the second.

Maybe it's because i was super tired when i saw it tonight, but I couldn't stop laughing at some parts. it was too cheesy. 'no, not without you!' didn't they steal that line from titanic?? and if my bf (or soulmate or whatever...) cried like that if i died i'd have to come back and smack him, that was the fakest cry ever. maybe he was laughing? anyway...

Although I do agree with all of you who applaud the interesting philosophies found within all three movies. I understood the movies and found them to be quite intriguing/thought provoking. Although that Jesus thing, hmmm. something to think about I guess. Neo might be Jesus, or maybe a miss america contestant ('I want peace on earth....' ) )

As well it was quite a visual mind xxxx. excuse my french. there was a lot of activity, kindof made my head spin. Though the visual asthetics are nothing compared to The Lord Of The Rings (especially the next one Return of the King, the fight scenes in that are going to be even more elaborate than in #2 and who doesn't shudder when gollum comes a-hissin along??!)

I liked the smith-neo fight scene. something about all the rain and the moves (which kindof make me want to take karate or jui jitsu or something so I can kick butt in high heels- or maybe charlies angels made me want that?? lol) and keanu reeves in a long coat. or anyone in a long coat doing the slow-mo thing (think nic cage and john trovolta in face/off, not the most incredible looking men, but put them in a long coat and give them a bit of a hard ass edge and have the wind blowing a little during the slow-mo thing and i'm hooked..... ) Nice!

So the guy who played smith would totally scare me if I saw him in real life I think. Anyway that dude is probably rolling in the dough now. He has a part in 2 major trilogies. In Matrix AND Lord (elfin king- or whatever it's called). What a nice deal.

Does anyone else think Keanu has to be like part machine? the dude is too damn rigid. he needs to relax a little. he's a bit too mechanical. kindof like his hinges need to be greased or something. hehe.

anyway, thats mah 2 cents. sorry if my ideas started jumping around or were all over the place. it's 3am, im tiiired!
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Re: the matrix

Originally posted by Lagonid Hey people, i just saw the Matrix Revolutions....and i just wanna know, cuz i saw some of you talked about the Matrix in your classes, the philosophical issues behind the Matrix? well i guess for the first one it's pretty obvious, trying to hide the truth...but for the second and third ones, is there anything behind the story?

thx
                  The message of The Matrix is one man fights "the machine" and beats them because he can do anything. In our modern society where everyone feels that weird sense of ennui and discombobulation pinpointed in the first film, to be told that "It's not just you, you can change it, you can do anything if you believe!!!" would of course make people respond to it. Add to that the action sequences, I mean who didn't replay the helicopter-building BAM! scene once or five time? Thus, the first film is a success.

Then The Matrix Reloaded (which I am convinced might be superior to the original film, upon multiple viewings) comes along with the AMENDED: "You were deluded. We can LET you do whatever you want and defy 'The System', but in the end 'defying the System' is still a PART OF that SAME system." In other words, it tells the audience that it was lying to them the first time. No wonder some people hate it.

The Matrix Revolutions has gotten the worst reception of all. And why not? It says: "When you who chose to defy the System give yourself over to us, you will be doing what is best for all, and we won't have to fight anymore. Of course, don't try to fight us again, or we will annihilate you. We have that power, but we won't exercise it if you don't challenge us." Yikes. As said earlier, in this modern society of very vocal anti-conformism, anti-submissiveness, being told by a film that once preached "freeing your mind" to "bottling it back up again" must seem outrageous and a "traitor to the cause", if you will.

Matrix Lesson over.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Is it any wonder that the mass audiences reacted to the same ways about the Matrix, as did the characters in the movie?

When Neo told Morpheus that it was a lie, Morpheus didn't like it. The audiences response gradually waned with the second and third movies, which really suggests something to me, in how the filmmakers were able to tie this all together.

After all one can very well interpret Revolutions from viewing Reloaded. Did you notice how Smith sort of freaked when he was about to kill Neo and he said, "I've been here before, I'm supposed to say something." That means that this whole cycle, the war, the One, Smith, everything happens, and how The Architect has said there were previous Matrix before this one and on and on. It's part of the existence of the Matrix hence it's a revolution. In the end the architect asks how long the peace will last. If you can remember how humans had a peaceful Matrix but it was not in their nature to like. That shows that again they've been there before. Also the Oracle says they'll see Neo (or "the One") again someday, again alluding to the fact that it's a never-ending cycle. After watching this movie go back and review the scene with the architect in Reloaded and you'll find everything he tells Neo is truth, it was just cryptic at the time because we didn't see how it unfolded.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Apart from profoundly boring and farfetched "philosophies" and methods on pushing action figures and video games, does anyone remember what a matrix is, mathematicly speaking? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                      X