Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse Ahhh, my thesis in full effect, namely that political systems create more divisions than "unity".
    How is that so? This seems to be a situation where 10 people disagree with one. And if there were no divisions in opinion, it would be called totalitarianism, wouldn't it? So what is your thesis, actually?

Comment

I'm not so much saying I disagree with "opinion", rather, politics divides people into groups, or camps, whether it is by race, religion, ethnicity or culture, ideology, gender, etc., and creates problems of "I'm right, you're wrong", that is the basis of democracy. Well, that and the welfare state that follows.

The arguments presented here stem from each person looking at the problems existing from a different political system lens.

We already have one vocalist, Tigran, that seeks to be president because he believes he has the answers to solve the problems or what he deems "problems", and so does the next person. Everyone essentially has an opinion of what is best for everyone else, and that is what is exploited by the present political systems.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse I'm not so much saying I disagree with "opinion", rather, politics divides people into groups, or camps, whether it is by race, religion, ethnicity or culture, ideology, gender, etc., and creates problems of "I'm right, you're wrong", that is the basis of democracy. Well, that and the welfare state that follows.

The arguments presented here stem from each person looking at the problems existing from a different political system lens.

We already have one vocalist, Tigran, that seeks to be president because he believes he has the answers to solve the problems or what he deems "problems", and so does the next person. Everyone essentially has an opinion of what is best for everyone else, and that is what is exploited by the present political systems.
        lol, well that's not really that big of a thesis, now is it? Sounds like stating the obvious for me.

And by the way, Tigran, if you do become president, I would refuse to serve in your cabinet. Unless I accepted, and then got all the other cabinet members to organize a coup d'état to kick you out....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants lol, well that's not really that big of a thesis, now is it? Sounds like stating the obvious for me.

And by the way, Tigran, if you do become president, I would refuse to serve in your cabinet. Unless I accepted, and then got all the other cabinet members to organize a coup d'état to kick you out....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
          Well, it is pretty big since we are attempting to solve Armenia's problems via the government, the same one that created the problem in the first place of debilitating the economy. Any serious student of economics knows that at any point, government interference in the market place has deleterious effects.

Besides, the idea of an "Armenian Nation-State" which somehow suggests we are all "one and the same" and we've had a "fixed identity" for all time, is exposed as a fallacy by simply observing this thread on how we place distinctions on the different types of "Armenians" from various geographic locations who are culturally different than other Armenians, even in dialect.

This is of course, part of the problem that came out of Enlightenment thinking, the same applies to all other Nation-States.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

well now that youve told me your evil plans Baron there is no way you will be part of my cabinet. Or i can put you in and then if you become too much of a problem i can arrange a convenient group of idiot journalists to bust into the parliament and shoot you dead & claim that you were driving our country into the dirt. and then i can become really powerful and rig elections so that Baron jr. will lose and he will be powerless to stop me because i will have my dirty hands in all parts of the government and will have the power to call the military down on baron jr. with the snap of my fingers. anyway im getting carried away. we dont know if there will be a baron jr. yet. by the way when i become president i will be called Metsen Tigran II. i will take over Georgia, Azerbaijan, & a piece of Iran as well, maybe take a chunk of Russia, then again maybe not. well see, ill keep you guys informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Ahhh, my thesis in full effect, namely that political systems create more divisions than "unity".
              Indeed, politic is equal to dirt, so i care less about it. What is realy disturbing is the fact that some individuals DIVIDE *armenian nation* in groups , only because they do not speak "the same" language/dialekt and they do not live in Armenia!

Unity....well, i hope we'll get there some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakhtsi Indeed, politic is equal to dirt, so i care less about it. What is realy disturbing is the fact that some individuals DIVIDE *armenian nation* in groups , only because they do not speak "the same" language/dialekt and they do not live in Armenia!

I don't believe that we are that far away from achieving it. I think we are moving towards a stronger unity of Armenians in the diaspora, as Tashnag/Ramgavar yevayln tension is starting to diminish due to the independance of Armenia.

Also, I think that a greater unity has been created between the diaspora and Armenia. Citizens of Armenia seem to appreciate diasporans who come to Armenia, and great friendships are usually created. I think that this is more obvious in the youth, than it is in the older generation.

All this to say: we are getting closer and closer...

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakhtsi Indeed, politic is equal to dirt, so i care less about it. What is realy disturbing is the fact that some individuals DIVIDE *armenian nation* in groups , only because they do not speak "the same" language/dialekt and they do not live in Armenia!

Indeed, politics is dirty. I believe it was Lenin himself who made it analogous to prostitution. You cannot go into politics expecting to be moral or ethical, but rather power corrupts, to quote Lord Acton, and you must be willing to place your morals aside or you will not be successful.

Now what I wanted to say earlier that you wanted me to expand on, is the idea of an Armenian Nation-State. This idea propounds that we are all "Armenian" and "united" and we all seek the same common passed and our identity has been fixed for all time. That is not the way it goes, and hence all nation-states in the modern era are rooted in this fallacy.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants I don't believe that we are that far away from achieving it. I think we are moving towards a stronger unity of Armenians in the diaspora, as Tashnag/Ramgavar yevayln tension is starting to diminish due to the independance of Armenia.

Also, I think that a greater unity has been created between the diaspora and Armenia. Citizens of Armenia seem to appreciate diasporans who come to Armenia, and great friendships are usually created. I think that this is more obvious in the youth, than it is in the older generation.

All this to say: we are getting closer and closer...

I want to belive that, couse i know that our time will come, *we* (armenian-nation) realy deserve a peace and normal life !

Astvatse mez het lini !

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Indeed, politics is dirty. I believe it was Lenin himself who made it analogous to prostitution. You cannot go into politics expecting to be moral or ethical, but rather power corrupts, to quote Lord Acton, and you must be willing to place your morals aside or you will not be successful.

Now what I wanted to say earlier that you wanted me to expand on, is the idea of an Armenian Nation-State. This idea propounds that we are all "Armenian" and "united" and we all seek the same common passed and our identity has been fixed for all time. That is not the way it goes, and hence all nation-states in the modern era are rooted in this fallacy.
                      So true..about putting morals aside otherwise you won't succed.

About *Armenian Nation-State*, (if i understood you right), yes we all are different- indeed, it's historys work.But like i said earlier, all of us want the same thing - a peace and calmness .
                      We gotta drop that think with dividing the "real" armenians form *non-real* ones..... that's the issue!

CheErs

Comment

Working...
                      X