Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Asking for help to my thesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for help to my thesis

I'm a hungarian student and I write my thesis about Armenia. I thought that the most obvius thing that I can do if I need some help to turn to armenian people who have the competency in this topic. I'm curious what are you thinking about your country (about internal and foreign affairs, everyday life, social life, possibilities...everything).

I would be grateful if you would find time to help me and write down your opinion in a couple sentences.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: Asking for help to my thesis

What is your thesis topic?
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
      I'm a hungarian student and I write my thesis about Armenia. I thought that the most obvius thing that I can do if I need some help to turn to armenian people who have the competency in this topic.

I'm curious what are you thinking about your country (about internal and foreign affairs, everyday life, social life, possibilities...everything).

I would be grateful if you would find time to help me and write down your opinion in a couple sentences.

Thank you for your help in advance.
      To me this is an alarm bell.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

My exect topic is the international relations of Armenia, but I'd like to bring the country closer to the readers and I want to dedicate a part of the thesis to the introduction of the country, that's why I thought that I ask some insider's opinion to tell me somthing that I couldn't find in the books and something that can help me to get to know Armenia better. Maybe because of my age and my situation I most interested in the opportunities of young people for example.

Comment

And what academic program are you in?
          I'm just not sure what we could tell you that would be appropriate for a thesis. Maybe it's not the same for non-science disciplines, but isn't it better to use academic sources?
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

After the reactions I think that I wrote my request in a mistakable way (maybe it's caused by the imperfection of my english knowledge - sorry). I didn't think that I will write my thesis by the replies I get here. I'm already write it all, I just wanted to ask some inhabitant's opinion about the life in Armenia because as I wrote before I want to reveal other sides of the topic not just the officialy wrote one. I didn't expected any long report or analysis. I relied on answers like 'I like to live here because...' or 'I think it would be better if...' But I write some concrete questions for example if it helps:
            What is the possibilities of youth to find a job after finishing university?
            What are the living conditions in general?
            Is there enough amusemet or sport possibilities?
            Is it expensive to live there?
            What is the avarage income?
            Is it appreciable in everyday life the conflict with Turkey and Azerbaijan?
            What areas need development (transport, infrastructure, agriculture, internet accessibility...)?
            ...and things like that.
            I've already known the answer for most of my questions from books and official reports but as I said I'd like to hear the people's opinion as well because it's not an impossibility that the two things don't cover each other.

Thank you for trying to help!

Comment

If you wish to do such a research shouldn't you be more objective in picking your sources.

In a bulletin board environment people will have differing opinions usually pre-biased.
              It would hardly resemble raw research material.

Also without being an Armenian ( or having good knowledge of the Armenian psyche ) you would
              take disagreements and arguments as if we hate each other, which of course we don't!!

Its only done that way to confuse the enemy.
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                Also without being an Armenian ( or having good knowledge of the Armenian psyche ) you would
                take disagreements and arguments as if we hate each other, which of course we don't!!

He didnt ask if we hate each other....

Comment

Well, "student" I think you can find answers to all this questiones in official sources. I do not understand very well what exactly you expect from us?

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                    He didnt ask if we hate each other....
                    I said he may get the impression that we hate each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X