Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    aper, srank sax@ iranc gitnakaneri tex en drel, astco chshmartutyun@ chen haskanum...menak anunner kpcnen....
    Astco chstmartutyun urer yegherni jamanak? Yete artyok chsamartutyun liner apa nman baner chain lini bayts past pasta. Yete ches uzum past intunel uremn do aprumes ail askharum vor goutiun uni menak ko glkhum. Hey gegev have you seen what the lemmings do every few years? Just because there are many believers does not make the beliefe correct. Since athism and agnosticism are growing does that mean those ideas are becoming more correct to? This kind of logic never did make sense but such things do not seem to bother religious people atleast until that religion falls out of fashion. Every religion has its crazies-pagans had the same issues when chrystianity was first introduced to them but when it became more popular more people jumped on the bandwagon. I know it must be a frightening thing to jump off of a bandwagon and to land onto reality. Reality is not always pretty and does not promise you a thing but atleast you know its the real thing.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Astco chstmartutyun urer yegherni jamanak? Yete artyok chsamartutyun liner apa nman baner chain lini bayts past pasta. Yete ches uzum past intunel uremn do aprumes ail askharum vor goutiun uni menak ko glkhum. Hey gegev have you seen what the lemmings do every few years? Just because there are many believers does not make the beliefe correct. Since athism and agnosticism are growing does that mean those ideas are becoming more correct to? This kind of logic never did make sense but such things do not seem to bother religious people atleast until that religion falls out of fashion. Every religion has its crazies-pagans had the same issues when chrystianity was first introduced to them but when it became more popular more people jumped on the bandwagon. I know it must be a frightening thing to jump off of a bandwagon and to land onto reality. Reality is not always pretty and does not promise you a thing but atleast you know its the real thing.
      Hmmmmm... let's see who were the "Yegherni" planers and perpetrators (Satanists and "Atheists"). why do you blame God for it? and what was the plan? it was to keep only one Armenian as a sample in a museum. did the plan worked? thank God no!

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
        mr haykakan is too ARAJADEM for us to compete with.

Sorry for our backwardness. We are straight people, who are unable to understand that much science of yours. We; the two milliards are not that smart, I confess. Sorry once again; last time.
        Stop building these strawmen or it starts to look like you need them or something...

For the second time now in the last handful of posts - NO ONE SAID BELIEVERS ARE STUPID, BACKWARDS, UNPRODUCTIVE, or anything else. Pardon the caps; I'm hoping it actually helps you all to READ it this time.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        aper, srank sax@ iranc gitnakaneri tex en drel, astco chshmartutyun@ chen haskanum...menak anunner kpcnen....
        Gitnakani tex chem drel indzi; gitnakan em

Seriously though. You're being awfully quick to jump on and encourage this us vs. them kind of separation by confirming his false sense that those of us who don't believe think those who do are somehow deficient and that's totally not helpful. Why are you being unnecessarily divisive? What's do be gained by that?
        This is why I loathe getting sucked into these discussions. It creates a polarity that I never encounter otherwise in my interactions with people elsewhere. It's really unfortunate and disheartening.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Those who did the actual killing were muslims and used islam as a weapon against us. Islam to them justified our slaughter since we were not islamic people. It is too early to say if it worked or not because it is a part of an ongoing thing which may or may not end with the only armenian being in the museum. You can spin it any way you like but you cannot avoid the role religions play in human slaughter with thousends of years worth of evidence as proof-o but wait the religious folk don't care about things like proof, evidence, reason..it can be hard to keep this point in mind when talking to religious folk because they do have a head like the rest of us which i assume contains a brain which should be able to use reasoning..hey but all that is simply an assumption on my part i guess. On a side note you gota love how people attribute all good things to god and absolve him/her/it of all things bad-yeh he created everything on his one week vacation and although he is all powerfull and all good - he didnt have the power or the will to save millions of his followers from slaughter, rape, displacemtnt excess body hair... you people need to be constantly remided that this xxxx makes absolutely no sense and i am wondering why you cant figure this out and deal with it, why do you need to have a fairytail to create a alternative reality-i bet religious folk would make great mmo gamers since dwelling in alternate reality is their forte.

Originally posted by Hyreniq View Post
          Hmmmmm... let's see who were the "Yegherni" planers and perpetrators (Satanists and "Atheists"). why do you blame God for it? and what was the plan? it was to keep only one Armenian as a sample in a museum. did the plan worked? thank God no!
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Although once again I cannot(will not)at this time address in a straight forward blunt fashion(my style) this ?converstion? I feel compelled to say a few words.
            In my opinion,neither side is anywhere close.
            I don't have time to give an exact quote but will definitely get the message right.

--- I form the light and I make the dark.
            --- I make good and I create evil.
            --- I, the Lord do all these things.
            --- let the heavens bow down in ---- RIGHTEOUSNESS ----

I expect nothing from the none believers.
            Unfortunately I have come to expect even less from the believers(some rare exceptions).
            In fact, from the believers I see more discord, misinformation , and self serving interests.
            How sorry I am to say that.
            The word rare has an exact and specific meaning.
            The only two that are spoken of that did not die are --- Enoch and Elija.
            In the case of Elija --- he performed a specific number of miracles. Elisa followed Elija and performed exactly twice as many miracles.
            Before God personally came down and took Elija, Elija said --- I am not better than my fathers before me.
            The story I told of Elija and Elisa are for the believers, the none believers are welcome by me to go have a beer and laugh your heads off.
            To the non believers who tout "logic" --- there is a mathamaticle equation that if done correctly clearly shows that -- 1= 2
            Damn, gotta go

Comment

"The story I told of Elija and Elisa are for the believers, the none believers are welcome by me to go have a beer and laugh your heads off.
              To the non believers who tout "logic" --- there is a mathamaticle equation that if done correctly clearly shows that -- 1= 2"

I will have that beer but i doubt on my drunkest day 1=2
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Although once again I cannot(will not)at this time address in a straight forward blunt fashion(my style) this ?converstion? I feel compelled to say a few words.
                In my opinion,neither side is anywhere close.
                I don't have time to give an exact quote but will definitely get the message right.

--- I form the light and I make the dark.
                --- I make good and I create evil.
                --- I, the Lord do all these things.
                --- let the heavens bow down in ---- RIGHTEOUSNESS ----

I expect nothing from the none believers.
                Unfortunately I have come to expect even less from the believers(some rare exceptions).
                In fact, from the believers I see more discord, misinformation , and self serving interests.
                How sorry I am to say that.
                The word rare has an exact and specific meaning.
                The only two that are spoken of that did not die are --- Enoch and Elija.
                In the case of Elija --- he performed a specific number of miracles. Elisa followed Elija and performed exactly twice as many miracles.
                Before God personally came down and took Elija, Elija said --- I am not better than my fathers before me.
                The story I told of Elija and Elisa are for the believers, the none believers are welcome by me to go have a beer and laugh your heads off.
                To the non believers who tout "logic" --- there is a mathamaticle equation that if done correctly clearly shows that -- 1= 2
                Damn, gotta go
                Ok, off topic but, --- up here (northern Alaska) we just had 2 weeks of 15 - 20 below zero F , followed by 1week of 30 below F and then it jumped up to 29 above F and dumped 3-1/2 feet of snow in the last 2 days.
                I'm playing hell with the roads and the multitude of poor driver skilled vehicles on the road.
                By Friday it's supposed to drop down to 40 below zero F and by Saturday it's supposed to drop to 54 degrees below zero F.
                Interesting but tough weather.
                Anyway logic is not the panacea for all of earths(not to mention the rest of the universe(s) problems.
                Sorry if none of that made any sense but trying to carry an ernest, open minded converstion by pushing buttons is not my strong point.
                Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  Ok, off topic but, --- up here (northern Alaska) we just had 2 weeks of 15 - 20 below zero F , followed by 1week of 30 below F and then it jumped up to 29 above F and dumped 3-1/2 feet of snow in the last 2 days.
                  I'm playing hell with the roads and the multitude of poor driver skilled vehicles on the road.
                  By Friday it's supposed to drop down to 40 below zero F and by Saturday it's supposed to drop to 54 degrees below zero F.
                  Interesting but tough weather.
                  Anyway logic is not the panacea for all of earths(not to mention the rest of the universe(s) problems.
                  Sorry if none of that made any sense but trying to carry an ernest, open minded converstion by pushing buttons is not my strong point.
                  Artashes
                  Atleast you can go icefishing. Here in Michigan we are still waiting for Hell to freez over. Yes there is a town called Hell with a good fishing lake and we are waiting for it to freezover. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Haykakan, don't you know any religious folks whom you find to be intelligent, reasonable,and non-subscribers to 18th century social conventions? Because I know lots and I think your assertions to the contrary are starting to get into pot-calling-kettle-black territory because they're unreasonable and unkind. :-/ Gegev, Mos, Hyreniq, Kanada, Pepsi, etc. are hardly representative of religious people, Christians, or even Armenians. We can disagree with them individually and not write off a whole group of people.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Well it is the people you mentioned that i am conversing with here so... Surely there are somewhat inteligent, reasonable.... religious folk but you can't really be truely these things and still be a real religious person because of the inherent contradictions involved. Reason and religion do not go togather - not the common religions anyways. As for how i talk to them well its a lot better then how they have talked to me. I will try to be more civil but its hard to do when people call you names all the time.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X