Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Kanadahye you are as skin deep as they come. Like you realy do not think religion had anything to do with the genocide? Then why were all the chrystians killed but not any of the muslims? Armenians, greeks, asssyrians.. all chrystians-dead or ran of but the kurds who were muslim were not harmed they were instead used ,even paid to kill us. Even now you hear about chrystians being killed in turky just because they are chrystians. This is typical argument style of religious folk - they throw a bunch of nonsense at you hoping something will stick.
    I'll ask you a simple question then. If Muslims want to wipe all J3ws off the face of the Earth like the media has us believe, why weren't any of the Ottoman J3ws targeted during WWI? Why were J3ws safely migrated to Iran during WWII?

You're leaving out the important parts of the puzzle and that is class. The Kurds and Turks that participated in carrying out the genocide were poor, they had nothing to lose and everything to gain when given the opportunity to kill, loot and steal when lawlessness broke loose due to war.

Armenians lost property, land and most importantly... gold.

You can't tell me that they all woke up one day after centuries of cohabiting on the same lands and decided to go on a killing spree.

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    (1)math guy
    (2)Yoda
    (3)Spock

Of the three I thought I could get that past Spock, so apparently you ain't Spock.
    I was hoping to make the point that logic does not trump all.
    I do think I deserve a beer for trying though.
    Cool sword and nice swordsmanship.
    Artashes
    Logic does not trump all. It certainly doesn't get a guy women either
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

They been going on killing sprees all along. Learn about the Hamidian massacres. There is a alliance between the turks and xxxs even back then. Class or no classthe fact remains that only the chrystians were killed. There were plenty of poor or lower class armenians to and using your argument they would have been spared but were not. Lives was the most important thing armenians lost-not gold.

Originally posted by KanadaHye
      I'll ask you a simple question then. If Muslims want to wipe all J3ws off the face of the Earth like the media has us believe, why weren't any of the Ottoman J3ws targeted during WWI? Why were J3ws safely migrated to Iran during WWII?

You're leaving out the important parts of the puzzle and that is class. The Kurds and Turks that participated in carrying out the genocide were poor, they had nothing to lose and everything to gain when given the opportunity to kill, loot and steal when lawlessness broke loose due to war.

Armenians lost property, land and most importantly... gold.

You can't tell me that they all woke up one day after centuries of cohabiting on the same lands and decided to go on a killing spree.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        They been going on killing sprees all along. Learn about the Hamidian massacres. There is a alliance between the turks and xxxs even back then. Class or no classthe fact remains that only the chrystians were killed. There were plenty of poor or lower class armenians to and using your argument they would have been spared but were not. Lives was the most important thing armenians lost-not gold.
        The Hamidian massacres was due to government wanting to encroach on Armenian autonomy. No matter where Armenians are in the world, we don't like to be governed or taxed. Greeks, same thing... that is why the Greek government can't collect enough taxes to sustain a proper government. Class was the reason for motivating uneducated Turks and Kurds to participate in the Genocide. That wasn't the reason why there was an assault on all Christians. Keep in mind that the Empire was larger than what is Turkey today and only those Christians on particular land was forced out of their homes.

From the Armenian point of view, lives were the most important thing lost but from a thief's point of view, there was visions of gold running through their heads.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Your attempts to absolve religion of being a tool for genocide is futile. Regardless of why the genocide started it was obvious that religion had a lot to do with justifying and carrying out such action. Your arguments always try to absolve religion of the eviles it inflicts on humanity and always paint a rosy picture of how wonderful chrystianity is. It is very much like the conversations we had about god where if something bad happens well that was because of the devile or because of what people did but when something good happens well that is gods work.. If you are going to credit the bad things to humanity then why not the good thinngs to? People like pepsiaddict like to ware blinders and only see the good (even when it is bad) that religion does but if you take off the blinders the farce that is religion quickely falls apart along with many other farces in society. Taking off the blinders is the key to human selfrealization. You will never reach you potential while looking at the world through blinders. There is a movement now to privatize public education which is the method coorporations are going to use to keep those blinders on people and to stop them from challanging the special interest government system we in the USA have. It does not matter which of the two parties take power-theyboth want you wearing blinders. Blinders are easy to ware because they give people a sense of comfort-if i pretend not to see the bad then it wont effect me as much.. and yeh that may be true - it may feel better to be blind but it will invariably lead to a far worst situation for those who choose to be blind.
          Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          The Hamidian massacres was due to government wanting to encroach on Armenian autonomy. No matter where Armenians are in the world, we don't like to be governed or taxed. Greeks, same thing... that is why the Greek government can't collect enough taxes to sustain a proper government. Class was the reason for motivating uneducated Turks and Kurds to participate in the Genocide. That wasn't the reason why there was an assault on all Christians. Keep in mind that the Empire was larger than what is Turkey today and only those Christians on particular land was forced out of their homes.

From the Armenian point of view, lives were the most important thing lost but from a thief's point of view, there was visions of gold running through their heads.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

As opposed to 21st century social experiments?

I am reading Anna Karenina and interestingly enough, Tolstoy called a lot of what's been said are traditional values we should preserve "old-fashioned" in 1873. :-| So, it would appear these ideas may not be novel 21st century inventions.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
              I am reading Anna Karenina and interestingly enough, Tolstoy called a lot of what's been said are traditional values we should preserve "old-fashioned" in 1873. :-| So, it would appear these ideas may not be novel 21st century inventions.
              If you want novel ideas, I suggest We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. It is generally considered to be the grandfather of the satirical futuristic dystopia genre. It takes the totalitarian and conformative aspects of modern industrial society to an extreme conclusion, depicting a state that believes that free will is the cause of unhappiness, and that citizens' lives should be controlled with mathematical precision based on the system of industrial efficiency created by Frederick Winslow Taylor.

Comment

If you want novel ideas, I suggest We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. It is generally considered to be the grandfather of the satirical futuristic dystopia genre. It takes the totalitarian and conformative aspects of modern industrial society to an extreme conclusion, depicting a state that believes that free will is the cause of unhappiness, and that citizens' lives should be controlled with mathematical precision based on the system of industrial efficiency created by Frederick Winslow Taylor.
                He came a few decades later. My point is not to express value judgments here about the social and political commentary, but just that these are not new ideas because the literature reflects the society in which it was conceived and written.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I cannot remember book or author but do recall the point .
                  Tracing the rise of ancient civilizations, each one seemed to realize that the needed to claim a "Devine" authority. In one case I recall the ancient or earliest Philippines civilization that the initial ruler became aware that china was utilizing "Devine right" as the operating mode and so copied that to get the masses of people to do his will. This author traced this concept throughout early ancient startups of first civilizations.
                  It seems that people before formal organization had a sense of the Devine and to claim to be "the chosen one" was a way to get the masses of people to follow the one who desired power.
                  Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post

And many Christians circumcise. Even if it was just a J ewish and Muslim practice it still proves my original point that religion often compels normal people to do stupid and cruel things.
                    Circumcision is largely practiced in America since it has a large J3wish influence in the hospitals. Christians in the old countries didn't typically circumcise their babies. It's not that common among Christians in Canada either. I know this because I used to work with wh0res

Seriously though, circumcision is a requirement of any male entering the military due to long periods of having little or no access to water.
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Turks made the men drop their pants to see if they are Christian......many circumcised for that reason.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X