Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Where is the talking snake, the end of the earth, the center of the universe and all the other bs in that book?
    Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
    Reallt, lol so I take it you believe we cme from apes where is Lucy?
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Of course he was. I see him everywhere it's called Blind Faith

Just like you, you breather air but have you seen air, no you've seen clouds so how do you believe in air?
      Think about it
      I can use technology to observe the molecules making up the air and determine their composition and the abundance of each element in it. I can condense it into water vapor, etc. There are indirect ways to "see."

How do you use BLIND faith to see Christ?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

You know what's funny, that all you people are bashing the Bible & GOD right?
        So why do you Armenians go to church on Easter & Christmas?

P.S. Armenians were the first nation to claim Christianity, go do the research
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

By reading & studying the Bible in depth
          Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          I can use technology to observe the molecules making up the air and determine their composition and the abundance of each element in it. I can condense it into water vapor, etc. There are indirect ways to "see."

How do you use BLIND faith to see Christ?

Comment

One-Way, don't use my words & rearrange them, thanks.
            Originally posted by One-Way View Post
            Do you want to know what is extremely frustrating?

It's frustrating when people like you are so ignorant about the world around them. Do you even understand the basic ideas of evolution?

In some sense, it's not your fault because you weren't provided with the proper education about evolution, but on the other hand, it is your fault because you're so closed minded and you're unwilling to ask questions.

It's people like you who don't understand what evolution is and say stupid things like:

Comment

It has been known for a while now that even the greatest scientists (like Newton) looked into the bible for secret formulas of metallurgy and certain hidden secret codes. Why?
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

One-Way, don't use my words & rearrange them, thanks.
                I'm curious how I rearranged your words?

You know what's funny, that all you people are bashing the Bible & GOD right?
                So why do you Armenians go to church on Easter & Christmas?
                I'm not bashing the bible or God. Can you point to a quote of mine where I "bashed" either the bible or the God?

I'm simply pointing out the fact that you, first of all, don't understand the basic ideas of evolution, and because you're ignorant on the topic, you don't understand how to look at the facts in front of you.

The simple fact is you cannot prove anything you believe in, while I can prove all the ideas I have set forth.

P.S. Armenians were the first nation to claim Christianity, go do the research
                What does that have to do anything?

Comment

Since armenians are never wrong-our acceptance of chrystianity as our state religion proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that everything in the good book is good and right. Wait was the the old good book or the new good book or wait armenians couldnt read back then , o wait we didnt even have an alphabet then did we, o wait this is begining to sound a lot like the bs that religion is isnt it?
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

November 03, 2012 | 15:43
                    ETCHMIADZIN. – At the invitation of the Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II, President Serzh Sargsyan participated in Saturday’s session of the Diocesan Representational Assembly, which is convened at the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin.

In his opening remarks, the Catholicos welcomed the President’s attendance to the event, Information System of the Mother See informs. “We are pleased to confirm that Armenia greatly supports the activities of our [church] dioceses in the diaspora, too, specifically by way of the diplomatic service officers,” Karekin II noted. Also, he expressed confidence that the aforesaid Assembly will serve to strengthen the Armenian people’s national and church lives, and he extended his well wishes and gave his blessings to Armenia’s President.

“The Armenian Apostolic Church also has a cultural, nation-preserving, and political importance for us,” President Serzh Sargsyan said in his welcoming remarks, and stressed that, now, the Armenian Apostolic Church can expect a greater support from the Armenian state. “The issues being discussed here [in this session] are really pressing. We all wish to be closer to our people, to their problems and pains, [and] to find answers to their questions,” the President added.

In his remarks, Serzh Sargsyan also spoke about the problems facing Syrian Armenians, and he noted that the Armenian Church, the state, and the Diaspora-Armenian communities have tasks to carry out in this respect.
                    The state greatly supports the activities of our dioceses in the diaspora…
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble I know about evolution, so what kind of monkey did you come from
                      Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                      I'm curious how I rearranged your words?

I'm not bashing the bible or God. Can you point to a quote of mine where I "bashed" either the bible or the God?

I'm simply pointing out the fact that you, first of all, don't understand the basic ideas of evolution, and because you're ignorant on the topic, you don't understand how to look at the facts in front of you.

The simple fact is you cannot prove anything you believe in, while I can prove all the ideas I have set forth.

What does that have to do anything?

Comment

Working...
                      X