Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What kind of Armenian are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of Armenian are you?

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    And another thread derailed. Good God man, WHY DO YOU EXIST
    Honestly there isn't a single thing you said that has any logical basis whatsoever. For one, half of the bans have been directly thanks to your agitation, and yet you somehow you survive. Second of all, most of the users of this forum are in Diaspora looking to maintain their heritage. Nobody is trying to guide their community. The communities are bound to assimilate. History
    proves that, what the hell are 20 people around the world gonna do. And I can genuinely say I don't hate a single person here, though you manage to push that limit pretty well through examples like this. And there is currently one nation trying to destroy Armenia and that is the nation whose president says so everyday when he gets outta bed.
    Mher, posting since June 2011. Again not long enough maybe, since again I don't consider you to be part of that "Superior" group.

Also, I did make my reply to what was a specific question made in this thread.

How can you claim that nobody is trying to guide / direct / control the Armenian diaspora? It is full of people trying to say what its members should or should not be doing about this or that or the next thing and what it needs to do to survive.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Mher, posting since June 2011. Again not long enough maybe, since again I don't consider you to be part of that "Superior" group.

Also, I did make my reply to what was a specific question made in this thread.

How can you claim that nobody is trying to guide / direct / control the Armenian diaspora? It is full of people trying to say what its members should or should not be doing about this or that or the next thing and what it needs to do to survive.
      Wow. This whole time i thought you were armenian and the others were just poking at you. Well armenian or not id still like to hear about your origin. Now if you dont mind im gonna make me a cream cheese peanut butter and lavash sandwich
      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Only because you asked (I have explained it a number of times elsewhere).

Armenian forums are the natural habitat of a curious sub-group I call the "Superior Armenian". All members of this group delight in telling other Armenians the things they should be doing in order to become or remain "proper" Armenians, and how Armenia is heading for extinction because ordinary Armenians won't follow the demands of their superiors. But "group" is not really correct, because there can be only one true Superior Armenian, riding in on a white horse to save the Armenian nation from itself and from the Turks and from the whole non-Armenian world that is (and always has been) continually and ceaslessly conspiring to destroy Armenia. So "Superior Armenians" all really hate each other even though they share the same do-what-I-say outlook and ideology. They eventually explode into angry OTT confrontation. That is partly why most of the permanently banned ex-members of Armenian forums fall into the "Superior Armenians" category.

As I have also said before - if anyone can coin a better term than "Superior Armenian", then please do it. And those who say that there is no such thing, they are either members of that thing or have not been looking for the past 15 years at what goes on in Armenian forums.
        You are the "Superior Armenian".....since you know everything about us better than ourselves and you have been visiting/trolling Armenian forums with no respect for them.
        and we love foreigners, I wished there were more such members here....we just don't like you, its got nothing to do with being none Armenians.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

UrMistake, posting since November 2008. Give it another 10 years and maybe you will see the truth (since I don't consider you to be part of the "Superior" group)

A further observation, again gained from over 15 years worth of looking at what goes on in Armenian forums, the main thing that unites Armenians (the online ones anyway) is a group expression of their hatred of non-Armenians. Is that sort of a unity a unity worth expressing? It is certainly is not a unity that generates respect.
          No Bell , you have the mental capacity to overlook the natural problem of armenian disagreement , not only its natural to our culture to disagree and have tough stance on our opinions but we got the blessing of listening and reasoning with the counter arguments or dont talk at ALL be silent!

Its natural phenomenon overlooking armenian fight of different ideas and opinions and sadly its bad to make your final judgment on us trough that and only !

You should know better about our diaspora and the so many different cultural effects on them ..uniquely applied to the core of armenian culture individually for each one of us.
          Blessing and a Curse.
          We are armenians coated with the colors of 169 different nations ,so to respect and love one armenian you should globally respect the very different aspect and culture of every each of those nations.
          We have done it and separate from the others cause in the end we all are armenians in the core with same pain and same blood calling us to love and respect eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
            No Bell , you have the mental capacity to overlook the natural problem of armenian disagreement , not only its natural to our culture to disagree and have tough stance on our opinions but we got the blessing of listening and reasoning with the counter arguments or dont talk at ALL be silent!
            What you are calling disagreements are mostly just expressions of individuality from a society that is clever enough and old enough and varied enough to know that there are rarely perfect solutions and conclusive answers. But there seems to me to be too many Armenians (both in Armenia and, amongst the self-appointed "guardians" of diaspora communities who are active online) who nowadays cannot tolerate individuality and self expression - they are the "Superior Armenians", the ones who go around saying such and such are not "Armenian values", and this or that is required to be done in order to "save" the Armenian nation. "Unity" is a word they use a lot - but really it just means "be united in doing what I say". And yes, it will be the same for many diaspora communities, and probably quite a few countries - it is not an exclusively Armenian thing but this IS a forum about Armenia.
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-28-2014, 01:46 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Liberalism vs conservatism is nothing new and exists in many cultures.....especially when assimilation becomes a problem for small nations.

Bell you will never understand us and live in the past.....nobody is telling anyone how to be Armenian in this forum except you, the perfect wannabe Armenian.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

But there seems to me to be too many Armenians (both in Armenia and, amongst the self-appointed "guardians" of diaspora communities who are active online) who nowadays cannot tolerate individuality and self expression - they are the "Superior Armenians",.
                for most Armenians entering online forums Armenianism is a leisure activity. They enter forums to feel good about themselves. They don't like people delivering news or information that doesn't fulfill this need

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                  for most Armenians entering online forums Armenianism is a leisure activity. They enter forums to feel good about themselves. They don't like people delivering news or information that doesn't fulfill this need
                  I have joined to this Armenian forum to to connect with other Armenians and to get our Hyeclub news and the most important our military improvement and the balance of power in the NKR thread.

For my leisure I hunt down your religious extremists/wolfs/military Turks spreading anti-Armenian propaganda on Turkish, Pakistani, Iranian, American forums.....another reason I come to Hyeclub is to take a brake from this, this evil dirtiness and extreme hate and prejudice I experience on those sites from your countrymen.

Thread derailed by you two guys.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    I have joined to this Armenian forum to to connect with other Armenians and to get our Hyeclub news and the most important our military improvement and the balance of power in the NKR thread.

For my leisure I hunt down your religious extremists/wolfs/military Turks spreading anti-Armenian propaganda on Turkish, Pakistani, Iranian, American forums.....another reason I come to Hyeclub is to take a brake from this, this evil dirtiness and extreme hate and prejudice I experience on those sites from your countrymen.

Thread derailed by you two guys.
                    well, I didn't say everyone, I said most. It is right to oppose anti-Armenian propaganda, especially the spread of false information.

But more important is Armenians analyzing the cause of past failures and starting to correct them.

One of them is over-reliance on foreign powers

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post

But more important is Armenians analyzing the cause of past failures and starting to correct them.

One of them is over-reliance on foreign powers
                      I couldn't agree with you more on this.....where (city) you live in Lampron?
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X