Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What kind of Armenian are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of Armenian are you?

Thanks Eddo.
    Bell, I seriously cannot understand what in the world you are on about. This is about sharing our heritage with each other and having thoughtful conversation. You just come in here talking about "superior" armenians, and "society" (No offense, but you sound like a hipster). Why not share your family heritage and origin with us?
    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Yerevanian Armenian ...fathers side from Van ...mothers side from Koxp...enduring property confiscations from bolsheviks in ukraine and russia *,but fast recovery during rich soviet life ( Olympic medals (father side ) / (mothers side ) ministry(grandmother) and weapon manufactury grandfather hail to fedday friends ! )
      Current residence athens having established our own business continuing life , have in mind we armenians always give and enrich the society that we live in ..the reason that we are respected but also forgotten cause of our fast integration!

Time will come we all will lay our hand of help *

Wishing more political influence of diaspora in our homeland ...dreaming of world wide armenian banking system helping of there own ..straightening the communities and in there own turn enriching Armenia with their talents skills and innovations .

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        All the Armenians on this thread are of the Superior kind (or, as they are called by anyone not a member of their caste, the usual jerks).
        Can you explain please?

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
          Yerevanian Armenian ...fathers side from Van ...mothers side from Koxp...enduring property confiscations from bolsheviks in ukraine and russia *,but fast recovery during rich soviet life ( Olympic medals (father side ) / (mothers side ) ministry(grandmother) and weapon manufactury grandfather hail to fedday friends ! )
          Current residence athens having established our own business continuing life , have in mind we armenians always give and enrich the society that we live in ..the reason that we are respected but also forgotten cause of our fast integration!

Time will come we all will lay our hand of help *

Wishing more political influence of diaspora in our homeland ...dreaming of world wide armenian banking system helping of there own ..straightening the communities and in there own turn enriching Armenia with their talents skills and innovations .
          I saw your post in the other thread about you considering repatriating but the conditions in Armenia preventing it. What specific conditions are these, and how does life in Athens today compare to life in Yerevan?

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            I saw your post in the other thread about you considering repatriating but the conditions in Armenia preventing it. What specific conditions are these, and how does life in Athens today compare to life in Yerevan?
            I will replay soon . im at work ~ I helped some relatives to open pharmacy in yerevan ,its just started so soon i will have more financial details !

Greece is in debt but mostly all of our problems are connected to the european central goverment , nothing that the greeks or spanish/italians can do with austerity will help them to get out of this mess..so it come all from the policy and the parliament party's ideology "policies" (see rise of extreme right nazi ideologies in all the continent..aka ukraine most recent paradigme.)
            Imagine greece reinvented itself in family working policy ...medium and small busineses aka majority of the greek tax payers are all worked by one family ...no individual can find job outside of family circle...lots of paki immigrants ....doing all the low paid jobs..lots of garbage scavengers (thats new thing)...greek economy is basically service and retail oriented ..thank god for the tourism giving annually 11 bill.euros of revenue.
            GDP is halved no greek makes more than 10 k per year ...but sadly we see same image of yerevan ...very expensive cars ..luxury unknown people wandering around .... you can make your own judgment...
            Big sharks are NEVER touched ...example ... one guy owns me some monies through lawsuit ...listen here of what the guy have... 2 ferry boats .2 bucher shops . one resturant . 3 building blocks .. 2 vacation houses in aigina island ..own to government insurance 270.000k euros ...670.000k euros to bank with the added percentages .all of his workers are paid basic lowest wages( all of them immigrants ) also they work 9 hours but officially show (for some that have actual documents ) 4 hours per day !
            Goverment and local tax officials didnt touched him a finger ..ever ..in all the checks he paid some brights to avoid fines !...
            Conclusion if i didnt won the lawsuit they ( band and government will never ask the moneys he owns ) "we sold on of his properties " bad thing is ...government must take first its debt then me ! ...system just xxxxed me and used me ....now i will confiscate another of his property ..but again ...bank and government will come for the cut ....
            Thats the case of Greece ...and next time u see some lawyer or a mayor with fancy SUV in narrow greek roads parking in the middle giving u the middle finger ..now u know that he is part of the system ... i cant revile more info through inet *

In short Greece and Armenia are very similar ..its a trend of armenia to follow greek steps just its like 20 years behind them ..making its own mistakes and successes of its own times !taking in advantage of its radically different geopolitical situation .

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
              Thanks Eddo.
              Bell, I seriously cannot understand what in the world you are on about. This is about sharing our heritage with each other and having thoughtful conversation. You just come in here talking about "superior" armenians, and "society" (No offense, but you sound like a hipster). Why not share your family heritage and origin with us?
              it's not a bad thing for Armenians to hear what non-Armenians are saying! Maybe this is not the best thread to discuss it, but the point that Armenians have not learned from history is mostly true

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                Can you explain please?
                Originally posted by hrai View Post
                Can you explain please?
                Only because you asked (I have explained it a number of times elsewhere).

Armenian forums are the natural habitat of a curious sub-group I call the "Superior Armenian". All members of this group delight in telling other Armenians the things they should be doing in order to become or remain "proper" Armenians, and how Armenia is heading for extinction because ordinary Armenians won't follow the demands of their superiors. But "group" is not really correct, because there can be only one true Superior Armenian, riding in on a white horse to save the Armenian nation from itself and from the Turks and from the whole non-Armenian world that is (and always has been) continually and ceaslessly conspiring to destroy Armenia. So "Superior Armenians" all really hate each other even though they share the same do-what-I-say outlook and ideology. They eventually explode into angry OTT confrontation. That is partly why most of the permanently banned ex-members of Armenian forums fall into the "Superior Armenians" category.

As I have also said before - if anyone can coin a better term than "Superior Armenian", then please do it. And those who say that there is no such thing, they are either members of that thing or have not been looking for the past 15 years at what goes on in Armenian forums.
                Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-25-2014, 02:42 PM.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Armenian forums are the natural habitat of a curious sub-group I call the "Superior Armenian". All members of this group delight in telling other Armenians the things they should be doing in order to become or remain "proper" Armenians, and how Armenia is heading for extinction because ordinary Armenians won't follow the demands of their superiors. But "group" is not really correct, because there can be only one true Superior Armenian, riding in on a white horse to save the Armenian nation from itself and from the Turks and from the whole non-Armenian world that is (and always has been) continually and ceaslessly conspiring to destroy Armenia. So "Superior Armenians" all really hate each other even though they share the same do-what-I-say outlook and ideology. They eventually explode into angry OTT confrontation. That is partly why most of the permanently banned ex-members of Armenian forums fall into the "Superior Armenians" category.

As I have also said before - if anyone can coin a better term than "Superior Armenian", then please do it. And those who say that there is no such thing, they are either members of that thing or have not been looking for the past 15 years at what goes on in Armenian forums.
                  Bell i think for this comment and only you should suspended ..reason for utter idiocy ..what the heck are u talking about ...armenians have common thing in their hearths but 100 different languages to express . Armenians are more united than u think even when we argue with eachother we will turn and kiss and joke to our friend .
                  You know still little about us ,you should come in closer contact with us .

Comment

And another thread derailed. Good God man, WHY DO YOU EXIST
                    Honestly there isn't a single thing you said that has any logical basis whatsoever. For one, half of the bans have been directly thanks to your agitation, and yet you somehow you survive. Second of all, most of the users of this forum are in Diaspora looking to maintain their heritage. Nobody is trying to guide their community. The communities are bound to assimilate. History
                    proves that, what the hell are 20 people around the world gonna do. And I can genuinely say I don't hate a single person here, though you manage to push that limit pretty well through examples like this. And there is currently one nation trying to destroy Armenia and that is the nation whose president says so everyday when he gets outta bed.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                      Bell i think for this comment and only you should suspended ..reason for utter idiocy ..what the heck are u talking about ...armenians have common thing in their hearths but 100 different languages to express . Armenians are more united than u think even when we argue with eachother we will turn and kiss and joke to our friend .
                      You know still little about us ,you should come in closer contact with us .
                      UrMistake, posting since November 2008. Give it another 10 years and maybe you will see the truth (since I don't consider you to be part of the "Superior" group)

A further observation, again gained from over 15 years worth of looking at what goes on in Armenian forums, the main thing that unites Armenians (the online ones anyway) is a group expression of their hatred of non-Armenians. Is that sort of a unity a unity worth expressing? It is certainly is not a unity that generates respect.
                      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-25-2014, 04:35 PM.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X