Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Working with Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    No offense, but anyone who calls Kemal as a "great man", let alone ANY Statist, a "great man", needs to rethink their thought process. "Democracy" is the stupidest catch word. He made Turkey into a Nation-State. Nation-States are evil.
    yea.. ok, touché... he was a politician after all. how "great" could he be?... loll but what i mean is that he took power away from religious fanaticism & dictatorship in favor of democracy..... i mean yea, its not like democracy necessarily means its like a walk in the park on a nice day, but i mean, meg khoskov, he took the power out of the ppl's hands who committed the Genocide.. there... isnt that a good thing? hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
      If the embargo is such a threat to Armenian economy, how come Armenia is doing better and better economically? Fair enough, any country is better off without an embargo, but at this stage it's an excuse for the Armenian government to be corrupt. As far as I can see.

You'd be surprised at how much of our language we share with Turkish and v.v.
      its more than just language.. its entire chunks of culture!

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
        "I tell ya, it ain't no joke workin' in them septic tanks, but I'll be damned if I ain't got some interestin' turd stories to tell..."
        Your boss be one sadistic a-hole. You're not supposed to go IN the tank itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
          he took the power out of the ppl's hands who committed the Genocide.. there... isnt that a good thing? hehehe
          If you think the people responsible for the genocide were not recycled into the Turkish government, you would be strongly mistaken.

Comment

I have a question, why was 10DarkOmens banned again?
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

oh my God, u couldnt be wronger & it really scares me that some ppl think that's true

u should really do a little more research before accusing somebody of such a horrible crime. Kemal Ataturk was a GREAT man. he alone is the one who is responsible for pulling turkey out of its muslim-fanatic state. he completely reformed the country, scrapped the arabic alphabet & used latin letters for a new standard turkish alphabet. he threw religious fanatics out of power & made turkey into a democratic country. obviously, they are still generally barbarians & still have a long way to go as a country & as a people (they can start by recognizing the Genocide) but u have absolutely no right to accuse Ataturk of being responsible in ANY way for the Armenian Genocide.

Thats like saying it was Mesrob Mashtots' fault Armenians didnt have an alphabet until they did.

Well hellloooooooooooooooooooo, r u sleeping or what. Kemal was one of the organizers of the Genocide. He contributed for Turkey not for us. Jesus, what else am i gonna read that u love turks also?

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                Well hellloooooooooooooooooooo, r u sleeping or what. Kemal was one of the organizers of the Genocide. He contributed for Turkey not for us. Jesus, what else am i gonna read that u love turks also?
                no. ataturk became in charge of turkey after the fall of the gencturk party & ittihad ve terakke commitee. he reformed the country. he threw the radical religious views out the window, giving women more freedom to dress normally & participate as members of society, he changed the official alphabet from arabic letters to latin letters. he pushed turkey far forward in terms of national development in every field.

the 3 head honchos of the Young Turks were: Mustafa Talaat Pasha, Cemal Enver Pasha & the 3rd dude, i just remember it was something Cemal.. anyways... no Kemal Ataturk.

what else am i gonna read that u love turks also?
                well i certainly dont hate them.
                & u know what that is? that's freedom.. thats moral freedom. because when i meet turks & they turn out to be nice ppl, i dont break my head over it like u guys do, all confused... "why do i like this dude? i should want to kill him.." no u shouldnt... u were brainwashed since u were a kid to be programmed to hate turks, but the area in which our parents' generation's calculations fell short was that as much as they talked to u about these ugly disgusting turkish ogres, eventually we were gonna run into a few & maybe.. just maybe, if ur mind is capable of handling so much freedom.. then u would realize that this eternal & unconditional hatred for our turkish contemporaries is nothing more than a HUGE moral burden.

Now, u can either surrender urself body & soul to this demon called HATE, to whom u will remain a SLAVE all ur life.. or if u grow up & open ur eyes.. or meet enuf nice turkish ppl in ur life who might help u out in ur endeavours if u let them, then maybe u might realize that HATE is just a BIG word thrown around by small people

Comment

Originally posted by Tres Bien
                  Because, actually we dont anymore. We bash Israelis instead, lol.
                  I understand now why my parents felt this anger towards turks, it was just taken wrongly by us, as youre young and dont know whats going on in world-politics.now i have a better knowleadge, though i usually think that turks are very badly educated , and should get a grip of themselves and learn about their history, there are many racist turks out there(not to mention Azeris...)

their are good turks too, yes but that is not the point. I dont think its wrong for us to critisize turks, not after all they have dont to us, i understand if some armenians hate them...
                  the turk are not racist.only they very nationalistttt
                  Last edited by loseyourname; 06-22-2004, 08:36 AM.

Comment

no. ataturk became in charge of turkey after the fall of the gencturk party & ittihad ve terakke commitee. he reformed the country. he threw the radical religious views out the window, giving women more freedom to dress normally & participate as members of society, he changed the official alphabet from arabic letters to latin letters. he pushed turkey far forward in terms of national development in every field.
                    This is just silly. Armenians along with Kurds and anybody else they didn't like were killed to make room for nationalism. A turkish state for turks and no one else. The principals are the same.
                    Ironicly most turks today don't like nationalism. That's like a subtle "I'm sorry" if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
                      This is just silly. Armenians along with Kurds and anybody else they didn't like were killed to make room for nationalism. A turkish state for turks and no one else. The principals are the same.
                      Ironicly most turks today don't like nationalism. That's like a subtle "I'm sorry" if you ask me.
                      And don't forget Kurds participated just as badly against Armenians. In fact many of the peopled "riled up" by the Turks, whether the Ottomans or the Young Turds, were Kurds, and Circassians, and then Turkey would conveniently blame them as "They are third parties it was them that was behind the massacres, not the us".
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X