Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hating America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look at how much more oil were consuming
    World Oil Production Consumption reserves Statistics timeline history Report

Consumption
    (Millions of barrels per day):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United States: 19.993
    Japan: 5.423
    China: 4.854
    Germany: 2.814
    Russia: 2.531
    South Korea: 2.126
    Brazil: 2.123
    Canada: 2.048
    France: 2.040
    India: 2.011
    Mexico: 1.932
    Italy: 1.881
    United Kingdom: 1.699
    Spain: 1.465
    SaudiArabia: 1.415
    Iran: 1.109
    Indonesia: 1.063
    Netherlands: .881
    Australia: .879
    Taiwan: .846

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
      http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/oil.html
      I read those figures. I'm not blind. Where do you think I got my per capita ratios from? That is what you said right? The average American? Just don't throw out random numbers; chances are they mean nothing.

Comment

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/oil.html
        So WHAT if the U.S. uses more oil? What is your point? I'm sick of hearing this. It is the mightiest industrial nation reaping full benefits of the capitalist revolution. That other countries are behind, is not the fault of America. I'm tired of the "it's the oil consuming SUV capital" environmentalists use. Who gives a shyt? It is a successful nation with successful people that can afford it, and they shall buy it and use it. It is no one's business. Environmental wackos need to mind their own business.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

So WHAT if the U.S. uses more oil? What is your point?
          Simple, there is a limited amount of oil undergound and soon its going to run out. People dont like us because we are using up most of it.
          It probably wont run out in our lifetime but we will definetly see shortages and a rise in prices.

It has nothing to do with environmental wackos. It's not just SUV's that use oil. All plastics are made of oil and we get alot of our electricity from oil. There is only so much oil under ground and there are going to be oil shortages in our lifetime. Like I said unless we find cheap alternate source of energy things are going to get ugly.
          Last edited by Harut82; 09-11-2004, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade
            I read those figures. I'm not blind. Where do you think I got my per capita ratios from? That is what you said right? The average American? Just don't throw out random numbers; chances are they mean nothing.
            My mistake I was talking about oil consumption (per capita)

Comment

Oil is not a renewable resource; it will run out whether you like it or not. Hating America for that reason is ignorant and pompous.

Comment

My mistake I was talking about oil consumption (per capita)

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/grap...con_cap&id=NAM
                The contents of that sight affirm my post regarding the percapita consumption. I said:
                Also by using this site: http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/oil.html
                ...you can see that Canada's per capita for oil is very similar to America which is only about twice per capita of countries like Germany, Japan, and France and is only about 30 percent more per capita compared to Saudi Arabia.
                And that was my partial response to:
                People hate America becuause the average american uses 4 times energy/resources than the average person on earth.

Comment

Simple, there is a limited amount of oil undergound and soon its going to run out. People dont like us because we are using up most of it.
                  It probably wont run out in our lifetime but we will definetly see shortages and a rise in prices.
                  Of course there is a limited amount of oil underground, DUHHH! There is a limited amount of nickel and copper and coal as well. What's your point? There are many non-renewable resources. The fact is that given the free market, innovation will never cease into the technologies of how to better tap into oil reserves, or find other means of energy. One hundred and fifty years ago, nobody knew that one day oil would be a valuable commodity, and according to the Austrian Economic thought about the subjectivity theory of value, all things change. And who knows, maybe in the future oil will be worthless. As far as your contention that the world hates America because they use oil, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. On the contrary, the world hates America for being an imperialistic warmonger, not because it uses oil.

As far as the shortages, there are no shortages, it only means that there is the same amount of oil, only at higher prices because of higher demand. The only thing that boosts prices is regulation by governments, which forces producers to cut costs and drive up prices. If you do not understand the basics of economics, you shouldn't be bothered with.

It has nothing to do with environmental wackos. It's not just SUV's that use oil. All plastics are made of oil and we get alot of our electricity from oil. There is only so much oil under ground and there are going to be oil shortages in our lifetime. Like I said unless we find cheap alternate source of energy things are going to get ugly.
                  This is about environmental wackos because the arguments you put forth are only regurgitated by environmental wackos who have no inkling knowledge about human action and economics. What do you want people do, not use plastic? There are many alternative uses of how to get energy, nuclear energy being one of them. Furthermore the freemarket always supports innovation, and it was originally the free market that gave rise to oil as a commodity. Who knows, maybe in the future, we will be back to riding bicycles again, and enjoying cereal from wooden bowls. That is not for anyone of us to decide, because there is no where written that progress is only up up up, and the past is not necessarily the determining factor of what the future will be.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

we don't hate other countries for having month long vacations more than once a year and having a slower pace of life relative to ours, while we get barely 2 weeks of vacation per year and still check in and keep in touch while we're briefly away...they choose to live that way and we choose to work harder and longer here in the u.s., thus our successful economy and productivity compared to other countries; no one gets something for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                      we don't hate other countries for having month long vacations more than once a year and having a slower pace of life relative to ours, while we get barely 2 weeks of vacation per year and still check in and keep in touch while we're briefly away...they choose to live that way and we choose to work harder and longer here in the u.s., thus our successful economy and productivity compared to other countries; no one gets something for nothing!
                      Thank you. It's so obvious. Why can't people see that? If they hate America for her capitalist system and work ethic, then phuck them. Don't be jealous.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X