Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

So much for new youth voters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunechka
    that is the good thing about this country, your ability to choose to do what you want...

it wouldn't have helped anyway... with all the corruption i am not sure if my vote got counted... it reminds me of stories my mother told me about armenia

BLAH!!! i am slowly becoming cynical... grrrrrr!

So you agree with Anony....you shouldnt have voted at all.

But I can really care less if I did or not. It was pointless. I knew it was pointless from the beginning. And I agree with Stud..they are both morons.
    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

that is the good thing about this country, your ability to choose to do what you want...

it wouldn't have helped anyway... with all the corruption i am not sure if my vote got counted... it reminds me of stories my mother told me about armenia

BLAH!!! i am slowly becoming cynical... grrrrrr!
      Choose? Who said anything about choice you myopic voter? In the words of Butler Shaffer:

"For this year’s election, the political establishment – impresarios of this three-ring circus – has provided the electorate with yet another meaningless "choice": a Yale graduate, pro-war, pro-Patriot Act, pro-expansive state member of "Skull-and-Bones" George Bush, or a Yale graduate, pro-war, pro-Patriot Act, pro-expansive state member of "Skull-and-Bones" John Kerry. It’s like getting to choose between emphysema and lung cancer!"
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

i was repeating what genuine had written you myopic man

Comment

i was repeating what genuine had written you myopic man
          I'm not the one who suffers from myopia, it's you, because you voted.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

no way i do not agree with anony he is truly not the smartest person to follow...

I agree with GAHNDI! "everything that you do, whether small or big, still makes a difference."

i think we should all vote... i dont understand what is so difficult in understanding something: you live in this society and the only way to function is to vote your interest, and most of the time the greater numbers are the poor people, who will vote for human rights, and not corporate power; and it just so happens that most people who vote are the rich, thats why in the US the voter turn out is so small (because of discouragment) that the rich can actually make a difference...

you are at the mercy, you might as well take some action, help your life become better...

but this time, there was soooo much corruption that it there is no way to prove anything, since they did a lot of those electronic voting things, and the computers froze, and shut down in the middle of voting, had to be rebooted, etc... 25 million negative votes were reported from ohio (against kerry) how is that even possible???

but the rich people who want to have control over your life dont want you to vote either, so you are suppressed and you believe it is a good idea to not vote, which is something they have pressed in a subliminal message to you over and over again... and now you believe it, and you actually think that you were the one who came up with that idea... OHH PLEASE!!!

i am so pissed right now, and so depressed... WW3 people... WW3...
            But unlike anyone else here i am not discouraged... its like when i would get a bad grade, it would piss me off, but it would motivate me to be more hard working, to be participative and active so that i can reach my goal.

imagine being a slave? armenians were never slaves because they werent discouraged, they were captured made into slaves but escaped so quickly and looked down on it so fast that its hardly even been recorded, however the black people of this country were discouraged because of the suppression and oppression, and finaly a person came out, Martin Luther King and told people to not be discouraged, to be fearless...

and so armenians are oppressed all the time, but we keep talking about the genocide, and we keep lobbying and we keep talking to people and we are going to keep doing it, until our human rights are recongnized... until my family members rest in their death... i will never be discouraged, i am not like anonymouse, i will never stop participating and being active in OUR human rights...

i will fight for his freedom and rights just like i would fight for mine... because thats the kind of person we all should be...

"BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN OTHERS" Gahndi

Comment

tha avatar is so telling

Comment

You never learn do you? I guess your existence in a way is a blessing for politicians. Without you and millions of other willing dupes, they would have no one to fool! But sadly, as P.T. Barnum stated, "There's a sucker born every minute".
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Then that is your choice my dear. And Anony not wanting to vote has nothing to do with him being active with human rights. It is your life, your choices and your will. If you think voting can help this problem, then do so. I know you are worried about this more then some of us because your cousin is in Iraq.
                  You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

anony you are the sucker, and i am the person they want to censor for a reason... they love poeple like you because you wont stop them in any way

Comment

anony you are the sucker, and i am the person they want to censor for a reason... they love poeple like you because you wont stop them in any way
                      Talk about reversed logic. Because I do not vote for them, and do not support the system, I am supporting them? Even the pea that is your brain is surely missing. Theoretically, if no one voted, how would the politicians which you love so much, gain legitimacy? No one would then believe in the system, thus there would be no one to be ruled. Now with you on the other hand, by constantly voting are reinforcing dependency on politicians and political systems. It's okay dear nunechka, I never said it would be easy. No one wants to admit that they have been duped.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X