Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nov 9 Westwood LA, antiwar protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 9 Westwood LA, antiwar protest

Hey did you guys hear about the two tanks used to break up an antiwar protest in westwood L.A. last night. I just saw the footage, go to www.prisonplanet.tv and click on where it says tanks in LA you'll see it.

all the tanks did was just park in front of the protestors and tell them to stay out of the street. And it looks like there's barely 30 or 40 people out there. That's so pathetic. The crowd chanting "Bring the troops home now" is pretty redundant. If I were there I would've tried to chant, "Iraq needs more tanks, so go away!" That would've made more sense.

Comment

I heard about that... That's wrong. There shouldn't have been tanks there.
      The crowd ignored the tanks basically. Which is good. The last thing we'd want to happen is for the tanks to make the protesters angry and turn the whole thing into a giant mess.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

tanks? thats a little too much... ohh yes all those darn peace groups, they will come with their flowers and signs and make you read those signs and then make you take the flowers... WOW! what a threat!

i say, the government of this freakin country is getting out of hand...

Comment

An anti-Bush demonstrator broke into the Mexican consulate several days ago and kidnapped a woman at gunpoint. I'm sure they're just covering all bases. Why complain if there wasn't even an altercation?

Comment

yes, but i have also herd of "antibush" demonstrators going door to door in small cities and saying please vote for kerry so that we can ban the bible and gay people can live next door to you...

now, that doesnt sound like a peaceful person, and neither of thoes people fit the decription, and in EVERY single protest where things got out of control, it was proven that the reason why there were problems, was because the republican party hired people to go into the protests and to cause problems by pepper spraying people, and hitting people...

Comment

Sure thing, Nune. Republicans are the source of all evil in this country, and no demonstrator has ever gotten out of control. What does this have to do with the use of tanks anyway? Since when was the LAPD under the control of the Republican party? Whatever the source of disruption, it is the PD's duty to contain it and pre-empt it whenever possible.

Comment

no the current form of neo (meaning new) republicans...

although i dont think any pd is on any ones side, so i guess i would like to know what happened in NY when RNC was happeneing??? i was listening to kpfk 90.7 and people were being rounded up and taken to "holding places" and being kept there without any outside contacts for 48 hrs, and the only reason we knew about it was because some people had cell phones and they called the radio stations and they passed the phones around... the holding places had signs of toxic material and a lot people because affected and started getting rashes, and many others were tourists and they missed their flights... some were not even involved with the protests but, they were also gathered up...

but do you remember the protestors at the inauguration in 2000? well the protestors were mostly peaceful, just holding up signs and then came in some hired republicans, they came in pepper sprayed on people, kicked, hit and spit on people, so a lot of anger errupted and it looked like the protest was violent, when it wasnt...

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
                  Sure thing, Nune. Republicans are the source of all evil in this country, and no demonstrator has ever gotten out of control. What does this have to do with the use of tanks anyway? Since when was the LAPD under the control of the Republican party? Whatever the source of disruption, it is the PD's duty to contain it and pre-empt it whenever possible.
                  Since when does the LAPD have tanks? If they had PD on horses or foot or something on standby that's one thing, but what does having tanks accomplish? What are they going to do? Shoot at the protestors?
                  I think that's what was overkill. Police presence is fine, but tanks are a bit much.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The same thing happened at the DNC here in 2000. Blaming republicans does nothing but obscure the truth to further your political agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X