Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What are you first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armenian. People who know a little about Armenia always get shocked finding out I'm Armenian. It's weird.

We're so cool.

Comment

We wear uniforms at work. As soon as somebody sees my last name on my uniform, first they pronounce it wrong, and then i correct them, then they say it wrong again, then ask me what i am.
      I tell them I'm Armenian.
      I must have said that line at LEAST 4 times a week, for every single week in the past 3 years.

Comment

I always say that I'm a human being first and an Armenian second.

Many people LOVE putting labels on everything. People tend to forget that although we can all be different in many ways, that many of us can be the same as well. Rich or poor, crippled or able, or whatever "label" that would contradict each other....

...in the end, we're ALL human beings because we all enter into this world the same way and exit out the same way.

Comment

No sh!t, you people are human beings????

Comment

I'm a citizen of the world first.

Ok, I lied....Armenian first.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
              I always say that I'm a human being first and an Armenian second.

Many people LOVE putting labels on everything. People tend to forget that although we can all be different in many ways, that many of us can be the same as well. Rich or poor, crippled or able, or whatever "label" that would contradict each other....

...in the end, we're ALL human beings because we all enter into this world the same way and exit out the same way.
              Oh come on people with these responses! (Sorry to single you out, studdy, you're not the only one...)

When someone comes up to you and asks 'what are you' do you really says I am a HUMAN BEING or I am a WOMAN. Seriously if someone said that to me I'd say 'thank you captain obvious' or the more colorful 'no sh!t Sherlock!' and probably move on without hearing the rest of what they had to say!
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by Yuro
                Armenian. People who know a little about Armenia always get shocked finding out I'm Armenian. It's weird.

We're so cool.
                Yuro, you're not Armenian first. I'm not attacking you or saying you're not proud to be an Armenian or anything like that... but your simply not an Armenian first. No one who has advocated marrying a non-armenian is armenian first. Being Armenian first means you could look God in the eye and say that you don't love him best.

I know it feels like I'm picking on you a lot recently which kinda sucks cause I actually do like you, lol, you're just making a lot of oppertuinities for it...
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by sleuth
                  Dedicated to violette

I'm Glad I'm A Woman

I'm glad I'm a woman, yes I am, yes I am
                  I don't live off of Budweiser, beer nuts and Spam
                  I don't brag to my buddies about my erections
                  I won't drive to Hell before I ask for directions
                  I don't get wasted at parties and act like a clown
                  and I know how to put the damned toilet seat down!

I won't grab your hooters, I won't pinch your butt
                  my belt buckle's not hidden beneath my beer gut
                  and I don't go around "readjusting" my crotch
                  or yell like Tarzan when my head-board gets a notch
                  I don't belch in public, I don't scratch my behind
                  I'm a woman you see -- I'm just not that kind!

I'm glad I'm a woman, I'm so glad I could sing
                  I don't have body hair like shag carpeting
                  It doesn't grow from my ears or cover my back
                  When I lean over you can't see 3 inches of crack
                  And what's on my head doesn't leave with my comb
                  I'll never buy a toupee to cover my dome
                  Or have a few hairs pulled from over the side
                  I'm a woman, you know -- I've got far too much pride!

And I honestly think its a privilege for me
                  to have these two boobs and squat when I pee
                  I don't live to play golf and shoot basketball
                  I don't swagger and spit like a Neanderthal
                  I won't tell you my wife just does not understand
                  stick my hand in my pocket to hide that gold band
                  or tell you a story to make you sigh and weep
                  then screw you, roll over and fall sound asleep!

Yes, I'm glad I'm a woman, a woman you see
                  you can forget all about that old penis envy

SLEUTH!! That was beautiful! Thank you. I feel the pride right now. My feminist head is filling up~

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                    SLEUTH!! That was beautiful! Thank you. I feel the pride right now. My feminist head is filling up~
                    My masculine head is filling up
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
                      other than line 2, Ditto.

line 2 correction: Im a guy. i think?
                      also id mesh 2 and 3 together

Why do we have to be armenian first?> this is not to say i do not like to say that i am or anything to this affect./. i always say who i am and never let anyone call me by the easy name of "george" vs Gevork. I make them suffer,m cause i think its important to keep my 'Armenianness' (i love making new words ) so yeah.. Inna's list is great, maladets Inna.
                      No one said we have to be Armenian first. However, for some of us, that is the first thing we identify ourselves as. We had to write about ourselves for a class I was talking and my frist sentence was:

I am an Armenian.

Simple as that, thus the first thing I identify myself as is Armenian.

The list goes somewhat like this:

Armenian
                      daughter and sister
                      friend and love(r)
                      And I think that to top it all off, as an equvalent to all of these things is the fact that I am a moral Christian female-woman-girl.
                      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Working...
                      X