Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What are you first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckBejug
    Oh come on people with these responses! (Sorry to single you out, studdy, you're not the only one...)

When someone comes up to you and asks 'what are you' do you really says I am a HUMAN BEING or I am a WOMAN. Seriously if someone said that to me I'd say 'thank you captain obvious' or the more colorful 'no sh!t Sherlock!' and probably move on without hearing the rest of what they had to say!
    By saying that "I am a woman first", it doesn't mean that it's my response to every person who walks up to me. Also, when the hell would a person come to you and actually ask you, "What are you?" LOL If you get that alot, then you should get a plastic surgeon IMMEDIATELY. The point of this thread, I think, was to identify our most important aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
      Yuro, you're not Armenian first. I'm not attacking you or saying you're not proud to be an Armenian or anything like that... but your simply not an Armenian first. No one who has advocated marrying a non-armenian is armenian first. Being Armenian first means you could look God in the eye and say that you don't love him best.

I know it feels like I'm picking on you a lot recently which kinda sucks cause I actually do like you, lol, you're just making a lot of oppertuinities for it...
      Identifying yourself as Armenian first DOES NOT mean you could look God in the eye and say that you don't love him best. What does one thing have to do with the other?? The fact that I might love God and live my life as a moral Christian, whether or not I go to Church all the time, mind you, does not mean I am required to identify myself as a Christian above all else. Beign Christian is not first and foremost who we are as people. Each person in here, as you can already see, has their own personal identifier. One thing that stands, to themselves, above all else. It does not mean that this one thing is any more or less important than anything else they identify with!
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Yuro, you're not Armenian first. I'm not attacking you or saying you're not proud to be an Armenian or anything like that... but your simply not an Armenian first. No one who has advocated marrying a non-armenian is armenian first. Being Armenian first means you could look God in the eye and say that you don't love him best.

I know it feels like I'm picking on you a lot recently which kinda sucks cause I actually do like you, lol, you're just making a lot of oppertuinities for it...
        You could honestly tell me that you would look God in the "face" and say that you don't love him best? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL This was the sickest comment that you've ever made.

Comment

Hmm.. looks like this thread turned into a "also, what are you second, third and fourth" one as well s'cool, I'm down, let's see...

1) Armenian (redundant, but the list wouldn't be complete)
          2) Creator
          3) Human
          5) Psychotic
          "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
            By saying that "I am a woman first", it doesn't mean that it's my response to every person who walks up to me. Also, when the hell would a person come to you and actually ask you, "What are you?" LOL If you get that alot, then you should get a plastic surgeon IMMEDIATELY. The point of this thread, I think, was to identify our most important aspects.
            I already answered that question and it has nothing whatsoever to do with looks. I had that exact question asked of me and I had to make an essay out of it. ha, ha. Even if the point of the thread is to identify an important aspect I fail to see how someone, when defining himself (even if they are just thinking about themselves and not answering a question for someone else) would say 'I am a human' as an identifier. It seems like such a part of ourselves that is identical to everyone else, why would one identify as that above other things that might make them unique?
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
              You could honestly tell me that you would look God in the "face" and say that you don't love him best? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL This was the sickest comment that you've ever made.
              I don't know if it's the SICKEST one I've made... remember that time I responded to that hermapodite with "*walks up holding a pair of scissors in one hand and a needle and thread in the other* It's time to choose..."

Yes, the comment I made is an exageration... Armenian need to learn to think in the abstract as well as the logical. You know what I meant. But the fact of that matter still stands, someone willing to marry a non armenian is NOT Armenian FIRST, pure and simple. He maybe Armenian a close second, maybe third, but the fact of the matter is something, whatever it, comes before his responsibility to breed (I know, horrible word to use) a happy, sucssful Armenian family.. so that they can breed a sucessful happy armenian family, and so on and so forth...

and before someone says "you can raise your kids to be Armenian even when you have a spouse of a different race" true... but then you are either, a) teaching them to be more one than the other which to me is insulting to the other race cause I wouldn't want that done to us, and b) they are proud of both heritages but can't FFULLY Identify with either because they are in fact mixed or C) the most common "well mom and dad married mixed, so I will too!" and then generation after generation out breeding with other races completely destroy whatever armenianess was in that blood. Sad, true, and irrefutable...
              Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 12-03-2004, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                I already answered that question and it has nothing whatsoever to do with looks. I had that exact question asked of me and I had to make an essay out of it. ha, ha. Even if the point of the thread is to identify an important aspect I fail to see how someone, when defining himself (even if they are just thinking about themselves and not answering a question for someone else) would say 'I am a human' as an identifier. It seems like such a part of ourselves that is identical to everyone else, why would one identify as that above other things that might make them unique?

There is a difference between saying, "I am human" because it doesn't set you apart from anyone. When you say, "I am a woman first", that statement is so concentrated with meaning and depth, that only a person who identifies would understand it. It's not just a simple, yes I'm a girl. It's a declaration of who you are.

Comment

the whole "I'm human" part is plain stupid...and I'm a girl/boy is not that useful too..I mean, we can see if the person with whom we are talking to are boys or girls...

Unless we are talking to a big dirty hairy bear-woman, it's not worth mentioning your gender.

Comment

Hmm... perhaps you didn't really get what I meant !EEK... when I said "what are you first" I guess I was getting at which issues/agenda to you try to further first. If someone says they're a Woman first that means they identify with being a woman most and are most interested in topics that have to do with being a woman specifically, where as someone who say's they're a businesman first would worry about money and stuff before anything else, and I'm hopeing people who are spouting this "I'm armenian first" stuff mean that before anything else, issues affected Armenians are of the utmost importance to them.

Comment

Hmm... perhaps you didn't really get what I meant !EEK... when I said "what are you first" I guess I was getting at which issues/agenda to you try to further first. If someone says they're a Woman first that means they identify with being a woman most and are most interested in topics that have to do with being a woman specifically, where as someone who say's they're a businesman first would worry about money and stuff before anything else, and I'm hopeing people who are spouting this "I'm armenian first" stuff mean that before anything else, issues affected Armenians are of the utmost importance to them.
                      Raaaaaawwr I got what you meant but I was acting more rationalisticly...

SO you are saying you are armenian first? Do you always say that to everyone or you adapt you "What are you first" to kinds of people ( girlfriend, teacher, busines partners,...)?

Comment

Working...
                      X