Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Engaged and now stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engaged and now stuck

This doesn't really involve love and romance so I posted it here unless the moderators don't think so.

I have a problem that I wanted to see what your opinions on this matter is. My best friend since I was 4 got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm really cool with the fiancee and we are also real good friends, I like her a lot.

The problem is me and my friend want to go to Vegas for 2 days and she isn't cool with us going since they are engaged now. She says she wants to experience everything he experiences and doesn't want him to go without her. She also says it's going to look bad if my fiancee is going to Vegas with his friend and we just got engaged. This is really frustrating, we are still going but she is still upset and I don't know how it will be in the future. We are really going to just hang out, gamble , and relax. She and I both know that he will never cheat on her so that's not even a problem. She just thinks it looks bad to everyone else and also wants to experience everything with him. We want to go to Europe also this upcoming Summer and I don't know how we are going to deal with that. She is Hayastansi, so I think a lot of it comes from that, since she is engaged now things are different to her.

I don't know what to do? Who is right and who is wrong? What can we do about this or say to explain to her that things like this shouldn't be a big deal.

i thought that ish changes when you're hitched not engaged?

tell her to relax and screw what everyone else thinks. if people are gonna be so concerned about disecting her life's every detail, including her fiance going to vegas (where most armo men go ALONE) then she should swing the bat right back at 'em and knock some common sense into them...it's 2005 for God's sake...lets freakin grow up

thats my word and i'm stickin' to it

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
      This doesn't really involve love and romance so I posted it here unless the moderators don't think so.

I have a problem that I wanted to see what your opinions on this matter is. My best friend since I was 4 got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm really cool with the fiancee and we are also real good friends, I like her a lot.

The problem is me and my friend want to go to Vegas for 2 days and she isn't cool with us going since they are engaged now. She says she wants to experience everything he experiences and doesn't want him to go without her. She also says it's going to look bad if my fiancee is going to Vegas with his friend and we just got engaged. This is really frustrating, we are still going but she is still upset and I don't know how it will be in the future. We are really going to just hang out, gamble , and relax. She and I both know that he will never cheat on her so that's not even a problem. She just thinks it looks bad to everyone else and also wants to experience everything with him. We want to go to Europe also this upcoming Summer and I don't know how we are going to deal with that. She is Hayastansi, so I think a lot of it comes from that, since she is engaged now things are different to her.

I don't know what to do? Who is right and who is wrong? What can we do about this or say to explain to her that things like this shouldn't be a big deal.
      You should tell her that if he wins the jackpot he'll leave her.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Sounds to me like it's something for those two to figure out. It's better to figure that stuff out now before gettin hitched.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

She's being very unreasonable here. As long as it's cool with him if she were to do the same thing, I don't see a problem.

Comment

I need a few reasonable points to make her realize she is wrong. If any of the ladies in here feel that she is right in the matter give me your reasoning.

Comment

First of all, no matter what anyone says, she will still feel that way. I know it's hard for you to have a friend who is engaged, while you're still single. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to let them deal with their issues. If she is such a cool girl and everything is going well with them, why can't he take her with him? Vegas is KNOWN for sinners..cmon now...Omni jan, DO NOT tell me that he's not gonna be lettin it loose out on the town As far as Europe, OMG, WHYYYY would he NOT want to share that experience with her? It doesn't make sense to me. I understand people need their fun with their friends. Hell, I need it all the time. Even IF I get married, I'm still going to want to spend quality time with my friends. However, I don't think I would go on trips without him. What's the fun in that?

There's also another issue. If her parents are not cool with letting her go out of town, then I completely understand and you 2 should go, even if it makes her a little tiffed. Just tell her that you would take her along, if her parents were okay with it. Also, it's not fair for your friend to pay for her parents' ignorance. (ok maybe not ignorace..but you get the point).....

I hope this helped.

Comment

Originally posted by thedebutante
                She's being very unreasonable here. As long as it's cool with him if she were to do the same thing, I don't see a problem.
                I agree.

But I also wonder why he wants to go to Europe without her.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

They should come up with some sort of compromise....like if he goes with you to Vegas, than she can go somewhere with her friend[s] so that way it doesn't seem like he left her behind and went off on his own...

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                    I agree.

Is this possible!?!?!!!!!!???????!

OMg, someone agrees with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X