Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Engaged and now stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djsinister
    Getting married/engaged is a big thing that requires 150% respect and thoughtfulness for one another.....

Put yourself in her shoes for a second.
    And although I do NOT buy her "i want to experience everything with you" bit, I am certain that she is really wanting to say this:
    "I've heard of what goes on in Vegas, so i'm worried and a bit jealous of what may go on seeing that we just got engaged and perhaps you may want to sew your wild oats one last time before embarking on a lifelong journey with me!. Plus you are going with your friend who may want to HAVE SEX with some bimbo he meets when the two of u go out, which might leave you in a situation where you might have to hang out with that bimbo's (hot) best friend and keep her company" (hint hint)

xxxx happens in vegas (or anywhere else for that matter).

I don't blame her one bit about feeling like this, especially in this day and age when so many poeople are fukking around and getting divorced like there's no tomorrow...our community is definitely not barred from this.

I feel that your friend has a responsibilty to her FIRST, before anyone else. He chose her, so he must NOW fully respect her, and have no qualms with INVITING her wherever he goes. YES, I SAID WHEREVER HE GOES!!!!! Marriage is a big thing!
    And yes, people too will start gossiping about the fact that he ran off to Vegas soon after engaging this girl..it just doesn't look good either (but the "other peole" is not the gist of this take-home message).

How would you feel if your fiancee went to Cancun with her girlfriends and not you? Don't give me this faithful crap either ("oh I trust her/him...). People just need an excuse nowadays to bone someone. ("ohh i got drunk and it just happened, please forgive me....." crap).

Fukk that.

"What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas": everybody knows this cliche, and it exists for a reason.

He needs to look at himself closely and go within and analyse what his woman truly represents to him. If she is all that, he should bring her along, and YOU should definitely not have a problem with that. If he's "your boy", then she should be your "sister". You feel me?

DISCLAIMER: I too was engaged 5 years ago, and I fully trusted my gal whenever she wanted to go somewhere with her friends (vacations, dinners, etc..). I believed that she could not cheat on me only because I was too nice and respectful towards her and gave her everything she could possibly need in the 5 years that I dated her.
    END RESULT: she had fukked around ALOT (lesbianism with her best friend, threesomes with her best friend & husband, fukking around with her teacher at university, fukked a local tour guide on vacation in the Dominican Rep, and to top it off, started fukking this guy that she worked with (approx 2 months after we got engaged).....

what goes on in Vegas....(however in my case, it didn't stay in Vegas!!!..i found out all this info post-breakup).

What in the world??!?!?!?!?!? I am sooo sorry. But really, doesn't this just go and PROVE the point that if someone's gonna do it, they're gonna do it anywhere? I mean, I've been to Vegas 1000000000 times and have never been ...well nevermind. I was single. Anywho....it's not Vegas, or Europe..it's a TRUST issue. That's what it boils down to. I'm sorry but if my future husband thinks that I'm going to spend my ENTIRE life, experiencing EVERYTHING with JUST HIM..he's gonna be in for a big surprise. Perhaps you haven't heard that when you lock someone in a cage, and try to (what you think) protect her, she's gonna BURST. What's wrong with having a trusting adult relationship? I mean, the guy's engaged, not IMPRISONED. This is why men get the terrible thoughts about settling down with someone. They fear that EVERYTHING in their lives will change. That's just not the case. Even when I'm married, I still want my hubby to go out with his friends, go camping, vegas, europe. I don't care. Let him live. OMG Is it really the END Of the world? NO!!! The reason whyyyyy we have so much divorce is that people go into marriages with the expectation that THIS IS IT....my life is over...>Everything must change. Why? Why do women have to live up to your mothers and wait on you hand and toe? Why do men have to give up ALL of their friends and freedom and spend every waking moment with you? I don't understand. DAMNIT SCREW THIS!!! I'm not getting married.

PS: Happy Valentine's Day!~

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
      What in the world??!?!?!?!?!? I am sooo sorry. But really, doesn't this just go and PROVE the point that if someone's gonna do it, they're gonna do it anywhere? I mean, I've been to Vegas 1000000000 times and have never been ...well nevermind. I was single. Anywho....it's not Vegas, or Europe..it's a TRUST issue. That's what it boils down to. I'm sorry but if my future husband thinks that I'm going to spend my ENTIRE life, experiencing EVERYTHING with JUST HIM..he's gonna be in for a big surprise. Perhaps you haven't heard that when you lock someone in a cage, and try to (what you think) protect her, she's gonna BURST. What's wrong with having a trusting adult relationship? I mean, the guy's engaged, not IMPRISONED. This is why men get the terrible thoughts about settling down with someone. They fear that EVERYTHING in their lives will change. That's just not the case. Even when I'm married, I still want my hubby to go out with his friends, go camping, vegas, europe. I don't care. Let him live. OMG Is it really the END Of the world? NO!!! The reason whyyyyy we have so much divorce is that people go into marriages with the expectation that THIS IS IT....my life is over...>Everything must change. Why? Why do women have to live up to your mothers and wait on you hand and toe? Why do men have to give up ALL of their friends and freedom and spend every waking moment with you? I don't understand. DAMNIT SCREW THIS!!! I'm not getting married.

PS: Happy Valentine's Day!~
      That's exactly what i did in my previous relationship: I gave her all the freedom that she wanted...because I too do not believe in the encagement theory.

and look what happened!

So then..........

Comment

That's exactly what i did in my previous relationship: I gave her all the freedom that she wanted...because I too do not believe in the encagement theory.

and look what happened!

So then..........
        I'm sorry to say this, but your ex girlfriend was a h00ker and deserves to be caged and beaten with a sharp metal object. That was an exception and I WAS TRYING TO SAY that no matter what you did with her, she was going to be a h00ker and cheat on you (multiple times ) Do you think if you were on her a5s all the time, choking her, she wouldn't cheat? um....think about it Mr. Canada....it's not that simple. The key to a relationship is to find someone who DESERVES to be trusted and build on it.

Damn I'm good.

Comment

I'm actually the ex-Mr. Canada (from 1997). So no need to call me that anymore.

And yes, she would have cheated if I were the complete opposite.

So then...

Comment

I'm actually the ex-Mr. Canada (from 1997). So no need to call me that anymore.

And yes, she would have cheated if I were the complete opposite.

So then...
            .....you are a koskhol.

Comment

After reading page 3, I stopped reading the rest and here is what I can tell you.

1) Engagement is commitment. Don't do things without your partner, and surely not go to Vegas without your partner. Sure, the guys want to hangout, and I wish women would stop trying so hard to want to change their men as soon as they get married/engaged....

2) Enjoy the times now because later on when you have kids, you can't easily go to Vegas and chill with friends.

3) Too much freedom can cause worries in a relationship. You risk it.

4) Drama is a must in any Armenian couple/family. Can't avoid it.

Also, djsinister...I am so sorry to hear about your story. Just so evil. Can't imagine....
              Now it's time for some chai...
              Last edited by Sev21; 02-17-2005, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev21
                After reading page 3, I stopped reading the rest and here is what I can tell you.

1) Engagement is commitment. Don't do things without your partner, and surely not go to Vegas without your partner. Sure, the guys want to hangout, and I wish women would stop trying so hard to want to change their men as soon as they get married/engaged....

2) Enjoy the times now because later on when you have kids, you can't easily go to Vegas and chill with friends.

3) Too much freedom can cause worries in a relationship. You risk it.

4) Drama is a must in any Armenian couple/family. Can't avoid it.

Also, djsinister...I am so sorry to hear about your story. Just so evil. Can't imagine....
                Now it's time for some chai...
                .....You're a koskhol too.

Comment

Drama....

Comment

Working...
                  X