Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What If Women Ruled The World?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nunechka
    AMEN SISTA!

you go girl, thats what i'm talking about!
    thanks for support. now i feel i am not alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by winoman
      If you reread my post you'll see that this was the point I was making.To achieve a position of power people emply certain methods and follow similar paths.

I would tend to agree that males exhibit a (much) higher degree of violent, dominant and power hingry behaviors. While one can see the physical (hormonal) reasons for this it is clearly also conditioned behavior. In this regard I see (many) women becomming more like men - not necissarily because of hormons (but who knows...it could be generations before we see the full effects of all the stuff we pump inot our meats etc) - but because they are increasingly entering (work) situations where this type of behavior is rewarded (by advancement/sucess etc - and maybe - who knows - personal satisfaction - where such an outlet may not have been available before to tradional women...at least outside of their own...) - and then of course - it becomes conditioned and learned...and thus is not necessarily due to a physical/hormanal abberation.

I also understand why folks postulate that women in power would lead to less violence etc - and certainly women have developed other means to achieve their ends (much as Armenian in the Ottoman Empire or Jews in Europe were prohibited from holding certain positions etc - women have largely been exempted from power positions in societies - but have learned ways (available to them) to exert influence. Oh and in no way would I agree to not consider women conniving...no - not at all...
      i would like to express wy point of view on this question. you absolutely dont have to consider it since i am a female, but anyway, i will talk.
      did you know how women have been discriminated and humiliated even in our beloved ARMENIA senturies ago? i think you know that they were not allowed to talk to a male person directly, not allowed to sit when there was a man in a room, had to do everything they woult be asked to and even beaten once in a while for general purposes. that was quite a fun for them, ha? as a result they (the women )were rasing generations of cowards, who instead of fighting for their land simply ran away giving our precious ARARAT to BELOVED TURKS. dont think i will see anybody laughing at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by magdalinka
        i would like to express wy point of view on this question. you absolutely dont have to consider it since i am a female, but anyway, i will talk.
        did you know how women have been discriminated and humiliated even in our beloved ARMENIA senturies ago? i think you know that they were not allowed to talk to a male person directly, not allowed to sit when there was a man in a room, had to do everything they woult be asked to and even beaten once in a while for general purposes. that was quite a fun for them, ha? as a result they (the women )were rasing generations of cowards, who instead of fighting for their land simply ran away giving our precious ARARAT to BELOVED TURKS. dont think i will see anybody laughing at this time.
        This is simply emotional banter. That some Armenian women may have been beaten by their husbands, and that this correlates to raising cowards is silly and unsubstantiated and nothing more than the moronic emotional appeal of the irrational feminist. And those beloved Turks and Muslims sure treated women better by slicing their heads off and sacrificing them. Goo you.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• I think a healthy balance between male and female positions in this world would resolve at least some of the problems facing both sides. I think in many ways we are heading into that direction. Especially in Europe, one cannot speak of a male-only ruled society anymore. Women play equally important roles in a variety of fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by nairi
            I think a healthy balance between male and female positions in this world would resolve at least some of the problems facing both sides. I think in many ways we are heading into that direction. Especially in Europe, one cannot speak of a male-only ruled society anymore. Women play equally important roles in a variety of fields.
            I'd like to agree with you, but there are many establishments including federal ones that promote male supremacy. Whether they do it obviously and openly doesn't make a difference. ie even the country we live in considers the idea of a female president absurd and unrealistic. As long as there are such countries, we are only kidding ourselves when we say that power is shared and there are no male-only ruled society.

Don't be mislead by Conda-Liza and the likes. Tell me honestly you believe that they would appoint her over a white male with similar qualifications in their own perfect little world. Such appointments are so obviously nothing but tocans.

Magdalinka, I actually remember responding to your post as well. I guess that didnt count as support... oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
              ie even the country we live in considers the idea of a female president absurd and unrealistic. As long as there are such countries, we are only kidding ourselves when we say that power is shared and there are no male-only ruled society.
              If Hilary Clinton runs for president in 2008, she's got my vote!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                This is simply emotional banter. That some Armenian women may have been beaten by their husbands, and that this correlates to raising cowards is silly and unsubstantiated and nothing more than the moronic emotional appeal of the irrational feminist. And those beloved Turks and Muslims sure treated women better by slicing their heads off and sacrificing them. Goo you.

its because of men like anony that women were beaten... he doesnt think that this is somehow a bad thing... and, if you do NOT condemn this act, and go on to say, "so what if a woman was occasionally beaten by her husband time to time" then you dont see the problem with it, you dont see that it is wrong, and cannot empathize with women, therefore should not be giving your unemotional banter...

as a matter of fact magdalinka is right... because when someone is raised in an evironment that is opressive, they generally carry this on... for exmaple: many of our mothers tell us girls, that we must get married, we must obey our husbands, etc... WTF is that supposed to mean... and imagine how it was before we all got an education? brainless people obeying their elders, blindly doing as they were told... surely it is okay to beat up a woman without an education, RIGHT anony? i mean what is she worth anyway? or education doesnt reall matter, and in fact a woman with an education should be beaten for talking too much... right anony?

good boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by nunechka
                  its because of men like anony that women were beaten... he doesnt think that this is somehow a bad thing... and, if you do NOT condemn this act, and go on to say, "so what if a woman was occasionally beaten by her husband time to time" then you dont see the problem with it, you dont see that it is wrong, and cannot empathize with women, therefore should not be giving your unemotional banter...

as a matter of fact magdalinka is right... because when someone is raised in an evironment that is opressive, they generally carry this on... for exmaple: many of our mothers tell us girls, that we must get married, we must obey our husbands, etc... WTF is that supposed to mean... and imagine how it was before we all got an education? brainless people obeying their elders, blindly doing as they were told... surely it is okay to beat up a woman without an education, RIGHT anony? i mean what is she worth anyway? or education doesnt reall matter, and in fact a woman with an education should be beaten for talking too much... right anony?

good boy!
                  When did I condone the beating of women? You need to stop twisting things my logic lacking feminist foe.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse

I wouldn't call it emotional banter. She does have a great point, from what I could understand from her post. I think Armenians, in general, have been raised to be inferior, and I'm not just talking about women. We have these strict morals and guidelines to follow throughout our lives, causing us to "step aside" and let life throw shiit in our face. For example: "It's not polite to talk back to an elder". Now, let's take this back to the time of the genocide. I can just see these little children, being EASILY taken away by "elders" and beaten...and God knows what else. I don't think that was such a good example, but you get my drift...

Comment

• winoman i gotta disagree with you... listen... in all those EXAMPLES of societies where women are the leads in social interaction, those countries, or tribes within countries, are not the US, Europe, Armenia, China, India, Japan, you name it... they are some small tribe consisting of a small population... they have nothing to do with me and my life here in the US, and in Armenia...

how many Armenian women have been president? owners of well established businesses? NONE!

how many AMERICAN women have been presidents? hillary does not count, she was only the first lady...

you see, in our society men are physically stronger, they have what is known as testosterone, and they compete over anything they can get their hands on... women dont have this chemical in their body in the same amount. Women therefore, naturally do not have these tendencies...

I would say that in GENERAL the best way to look at this issue is with the 70/30 look.
                      70% of men are have those characteristics, and 30% dont
                      70% of women dont have those characteristics and 30% do

THEREFORE, speaking generally, if women were in places of authority, there is a MUCH less chance of women abusing their power, or even using their power to get person gain. AND there wouldnt be as much WAR, because we are not as competitive as men.

BY THE WAY, the latest nuclear weapon being developed by the US, is called the PENETRATOR! there is nothing "male" about that... NOPE! nadda, nothing, zip ziltch...

Comment

Working...
                      X