Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What If Women Ruled The World?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice BY THE WAY lol

Nune, I would like to see evidence on your 70/30 theory? I dont think that testosterone would overpower social conditioning to such a degree. If women were raised and encouraged to have positions of leadership then lack of testosterone wouldnt stop them, firstly. Further more, I want to see evidence that women would not: 1 abuse their power 2 use power for personal gain 3 wouldnt be competitive as men. I think that these traits are natural for all humans, and with the proper social conditioning would come out in as many women as men. Just my opinion so far...

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
      I'd like to agree with you, but there are many establishments including federal ones that promote male supremacy. Whether they do it obviously and openly doesn't make a difference. ie even the country we live in considers the idea of a female president absurd and unrealistic. As long as there are such countries, we are only kidding ourselves when we say that power is shared and there are no male-only ruled society.

Don't be mislead by Conda-Liza and the likes. Tell me honestly you believe that they would appoint her over a white male with similar qualifications in their own perfect little world. Such appointments are so obviously nothing but tocans.

Magdalinka, I actually remember responding to your post as well. I guess that didnt count as support... oh well
      dear ArmoBarby gan i didnt mean anything bad. i dont think i need to remind that every girl's oppinion matters and counts in this topic. especially when people are ready to call me unreasonable and silly and emotional and something else i forgot.oh, yeah, irrational.thank you anonymouse.
      Last edited by magdalinka; 03-02-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by magdalinka
        dear ArmoBarby gan i didnt mean anything bad. i dont think i need to remind that every girl's oppinion matters and counts in this topic. especially when people are ready to call me unreasonable and silly and emotional and something else i forgot.oh, yeah, irrational.thank you anonymouse.
        No worries. Its all good

Comment

Nice BY THE WAY lol

Nune, I would like to see evidence on your 70/30 theory? I dont think that testosterone would overpower social conditioning to such a degree. If women were raised and encouraged to have positions of leadership then lack of testosterone wouldnt stop them, firstly. Further more, I want to see evidence that women would not: 1 abuse their power 2 use power for personal gain 3 wouldnt be competitive as men. I think that these traits are natural for all humans, and with the proper social conditioning would come out in as many women as men. Just my opinion so far...
          You obviously do not know of biology, the sexes, and the role of testosterone. Testosterone is the reason why males are more aggressive than females. It is the reason why men are more dominant than women. It is because of testosterone that you have more men in crime than women. It is because of testosterone that you have more younger men in crime as opposed to older men. Now unless you want to deny this, you better well have some good alternative other than some Pavlovian useless crap of "social conditioning".
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Read carefully. The point is that IF we were socially conditioned and taught to be otherwise then we would be. Thus matriarical societies are possible in the first place. Unless you plan to argue that the hormone differences between sexes in those societies are different. Not that we are naturally this way...ie where biology would come in.

I said that those certain traits are natural to all humans, not every behavior associated with testosterone. Show me evidence that those three things are in fact controlled by testosterone alone and I will take it back...not that you will find it.

Social conditioning is far from crap. You obviously do not know of psychology.

Comment

Nice BY THE WAY lol

there are real life examples, like Princess Diane and many other women who are currently major US CEOs... they are not like the men...

women are not like men, its just a fact... and just because we arent like them doesnt make us less human, inequal, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by nunechka
                there are real life examples, like Princess Diane and many other women who are currently major US CEOs... they are not like the men...

women are not like men, its just a fact... and just because we arent like them doesnt make us less human, inequal, etc...
                You just stated two opposite things. In one instance you say "women are not like men, its just a fact" then you go on to say that this doesn't make them less "inequal". Yes, it makes them "unequal". Not even individuals are equal for genders to be so. Can you point to any two people that are equal? What do you mean by "equal"? No one denied they were human. There is a fine line between claiming humanity and claiming equality. One is biological, the other is ideological.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by nunechka

Where did I say that women are like men or have to be to be CEOs?? I am simply following along with the topic being discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    You just stated two opposite things. In one instance you say "women are not like men, its just a fact" then you go on to say that this doesn't make them less "inequal". Yes, it makes them "unequal". Not even individuals are equal for genders to be so. Can you point to any two people that are equal? What do you mean by "equal"? No one denied they were human. There is a fine line between claiming humanity and claiming equality. One is biological, the other is ideological.
                    I have to tell you again, I think that you understand "equal" as "same". To be equal is not to be the same in essence, but (at least in this context) to have the same value/importance.

A simple example: A pack of gum and a candy bar can have the same price = be of equal value, yet that doesnt mean that they are the same in their essence(obviously).

*Two things can be qual without being the same.* I dont understand how you cant see this... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse

ok peebrain, lets explain again, what is equal and what isnt... there are 2 people: person 1 is a woman, person 2 is a man, they happen to be in a relationship together. they get married. they have childern. during the regular course of their household activities, the man goes to work and comes home. he replaces the occasional light bulb thats gone out, he calls the water people, when there is a leak. he picks up timmy from baseball practice when mommy cant. woman goes to work too. she leaves work in time to go to the grocery store, comes home to clean up things around the house. she picks up timmy most of the time, she picks up nancy from school takes her to piano, then she picks up the dry cleaning. she finally gets back home to cooking.
                      she is an accountant at the charles schuab, her husband is an engineer at the local lockheed martin. they make about the same, but obviously the man makes more.
                      on the weekend she cleans the house while she askes for her husband to pick up his feet when she comes to the couch with the vacuum. she then does the laundry... her childern help with chores around the house most of the time, and so they do things like taking out the trash, cleaning up the front and back yards, walking the dog, feeding the cat, etc...

so you see my little growing pain, in most households, men go to work, and thats IT!... and then whats even funnier, is the way they used to brag about it, like it was a magic thing... and when women started to go to work too, we were like "WTF are you talking about"

and then we realized that its just a bunch of BULL! thats when women like me were born...

the words equality in your little world arent the same lets say in EUROPE!, you see they recognize this, and so thats why there is a women's conference there every year, to bring EQUALITY to women around the world. you are the one who doesnt understand the meaning of equality. YES we are different one has blond hair the other has brown, but that does not make us UNEQUAL, it makes us diverse, different, not alike, etc...

equality on this globe, as you have come to see, refers to the treatment of human beings. for example the slaves, were not equal people, they were both human, however in this country and many others, they were not treated the same, they did not have the same rights, in other words, they were treated UNEQUALY!

HEY you're saying that women and men arent equal? well we arent like you, and so we are never going to believe that women are better or men are better, WE are going to always say that WE ARE EQUAL.

Comment

Working...
                      X