Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again.. you bring up reading writing and speaking...
    If the black person shows the emotion I showed when my plane landed in yerevan for the first time... then screw any armenian who doesn't feel that way!

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
      NO ONE EVER READ WHAT SAYS IN THE TOP IF THIS SITE????

aRMENINANCLUB.COM
      THE ULTIMATE WEBSITE FOR ARMENIANS. I THINK THAT SAYS EVERYTHING!
      Case in point. Any other argument to the contrary is simply illogical and fallacious and if we accept that line of thinking, we might as well change the name of the website and everything else with it. But yea jahannam if you still dont see the obvious and disagree then you might as well petition the ac not to ban those hopeless souls who come here trying to score some xxxx or xxxxx, on the profiles that is.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
        again.. you bring up reading writing and speaking...
        If the black person shows the emotion I showed when my plane landed in yerevan for the first time... then screw any armenian who doesn't feel that way!
        Number one he wont because he is not Armenian. You forget that culture is a product of the blood, not the other way around. You seem to say anyone can just turn into being Armenian just like they can turn into being a born again Christian. By that logic anyone can just be anyone. Don't you think when someone says they are 'half Armenian' they are implying an ethnic connotation? That is precisely what comes with the word 'half'. That black person can be culture bearing for all concerns but no matter how hard he tries he won't be Armenian. There's more to it than just reading writing or feeling an emotion when you get off a plane.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

lol...I don't know what stance to take on this one (though I was not asked to take a stance, but still..)

I understand what both of you are saying (well, fireburntinhell, you're just being anon's cheerleader, so I guess I understand what you're saying too...).

Anywho, I am gonna side with Jahannam on this one. Admitting non-armenians on this site won't make it any less armenian than it already is. I am all for banning the anti-armenian posters, but PERSONALLY, a french canadian who comes on this site to actually learn about armenians and talk to us is waaay more welcome than the typical armenian you find over here saying "hey babe, u're xxxx'n hot! wanna meet up? I'll pick you up in my modified beamer".

Of course, it is entirely up to the administrators to decide about this, and their decision has already been made.

Comment

"jahannam if you still dont see the obvious and disagree then you might as well petition the ac not to ban those hopeless souls who come here trying to score some xxxx or xxxxx, on the profiles that is."

come on now... how many non armenians are actually here for THAT!
            2?

Comment

tooooooooo manyyyyyyy

Comment

More than that, if you dig around.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

ArmenianClub.com is an online community where Armenian people can socialize. While, without a doubt there are many nonarmenians who have great love for Armenians, or have much interest in our traditions and people, that doesn't mean that we want those people to be in our community. Those people are welcome to come to A/C, look at profiles, read comments, however, they are not welcome to create profiles, and put their pictures up. Why? Because, this site caters to the needs of an average young Armenian. An average young Armenian does NOT come to an Armenian community site looking to communicate with other ethnicities. Of course A/C's purpose is to satisfy majority, not the minority of confused people who want to "hook up" with african-americans (just an example of nonArmenian).

Let's think of a real world example. In USA, Glendale CA, has a big and dense Armenian Community. Do you think Armenian people of Glendale, as a whole, would be happy to see a relocation of 20 thousands african-americans from another area to Glendale? While, Armenians wouldn't mind those people driving through the city (compared with looking at profiles) 99% will hate it if their neighbors became the african-americans. Of course, there will be a 1% of the community that will not mind that, but those are the people who came to Glendale for reasons other than feeling of community. And those generally are the people who do not contribute anything to the Armenian community.
                  Armenian people have gathered in Glendale for generations, to create a community, a place where people look alike, think alike, talk alike etc.

A/C is the same idea. A virtual community for Armenians who have things in common (for somebody it's the language, somebody else it's the turk-slaughtered grandparents, somebody it's the dolma, so on and so forth)
                  Welcome to the HyeClub Forum!

Comment

ac... if only you didn't have the rights to kick me out ....

Comment

Originally posted by ac
                      ArmenianClub.com is an online community where Armenian people can socialize. While, without a doubt there are many nonarmenians who have great love for Armenians, or have much interest in our traditions and people, that doesn't mean that we want those people to be in our community. Those people are welcome to come to A/C, look at profiles, read comments, however, they are not welcome to create profiles, and put their pictures up. Why? Because, this site caters to the needs of an average young Armenian. An average young Armenian does NOT come to an Armenian community site looking to communicate with other ethnicities. Of course A/C's purpose is to satisfy majority, not the minority of confused people who want to "hook up" with african-americans (just an example of nonArmenian).

Let's think of a real world example. In USA, Glendale CA, has a big and dense Armenian Community. Do you think Armenian people of Glendale, as a whole, would be happy to see a relocation of 20 thousands african-americans from another area to Glendale? While, Armenians wouldn't mind those people driving through the city (compared with looking at profiles) 99% will hate it if their neighbors became the african-americans. Of course, there will be a 1% of the community that will not mind that, but those are the people who came to Glendale for reasons other than feeling of community. And those generally are the people who do not contribute anything to the Armenian community.
                      Armenian people have gathered in Glendale for generations, to create a community, a place where people look alike, think alike, talk alike etc.

A/C is the same idea. A virtual community for Armenians who have things in common (for somebody it's the language, somebody else it's the turk-slaughtered grandparents, somebody it's the dolma, so on and so forth)
                      Thank you for clarifying that and jahannam now do you see what I meant?
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X