Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What Can You Guys Tell Me About Kidney Stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can You Guys Tell Me About Kidney Stones?

I don't wanna go into detail, but what can you guys tell me about them?

We found out today that my mom has them, and her pains are really scaring me. She passed out today and wouldn't wake up, but once she did, she seemed fine. Just now, she complained how she was gonna pass out again, and she almost did. It's making me go crazy, I can't see her like this. Something similiar happened when I was a kid, which basically scared me for life.

So what's the worst case senario for kidney stones? Can something really bad end up happening from the extreme pain? We tried to make her drink as much water as possible to help the stones leave, that's why I'm gonna stay awake tonight to help her to the bathroom.

She asked to go to bed right now and I was scared to make her sleep. Somebody calm me down and tell me it's gonna be ok.

All I can tell you is that it just hurts like hell but that's about it as far as I know. My dad goes through it every few years and when the pain hits, he is just rolling around on the ground usually ... but then once he passes it, it's gone and he's back to normal.

I ain't no doctor but this one I know ... she'll be ok man
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Yeah, but you should see how weak she gets. It's like, the scariest feeling the world. Watching her go through all that, then passing out. The world just freezes.

And I just found out my cousin got into a car accident. It's like everything is just going bad again.

Comment

Drink alot of cranberry juice to help clean out your system.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

In Iran, the docs used to give my dad "Roghan Karchak" which translates to Karchak oil ... I have no idea what that is but on some website on google, there is a reference to Karchak being castor bean ... whatever that is.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

I am almost 100% sure that they are not life threatening. The only way I could imagine them being a problem to long term health would be if one got stuck in the urethra and prevented whoever from urinating for a prolonged period of time.

There's a really cool procedure they do now to help get rid of the kidney stones. They blast the stones with sonic waves which in turn breaks up the stones into smaller pieces which are easier to "pass".

To avoid stones I've heard that if you feel like you need to pee then pee. Holding it back is what makes the calcium deposits settle and ultimately form rocks (??). I'm totally not sure if that's true it's just what I've heard.

Hope your Mom feels better ...

Comment

She needs to go to the ER if the pains are really bad and they'll give her something for the pain. She needs to keep sample of stones when she passes them, so they can analyze them and find out what's causing them potentially and what she can avoid eating or drinking to help prevent them. If they're preventable. They can also do an ultrasound to find out how big they are and where they are. if they're too big to pass, they can break them up. She needs to go see a dr.
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Hey dude. Sorry to hear it. It is not in any way life-threatening.
                I just had them last year. The only bad thing about them is that other kidney stones and kidney infections might be more likely from now on. So she must start to watch what she drinks and also to some degree what she eats. For example, more water intake and less coffee, black tea (though green is ok), coke/pepsi. It must hard to watch he have the pain. It's a very intense pain. And as all intense pain, it leaves the body completely exhausted.

I did almost nothing but soke in a tub. For some reason hot bath (the hotter the better) lessens the intensity of pain. That'd be my recommendation.

As Siggie said though, if it gets too much, take her to ER.
                Last edited by karoaper; 11-16-2005, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Shouldnt be anything serious as everyone said. best of luck and hope your mom gets better fast, and my grandma used to get them a lot. and as someone mentioned if they dont pass soon, you should consider seeing a doctor, those ultrasonic waves or lasers they use work pretty well. break up the stones and they pass much easier. my grandma had it done in Armenia and it got rid of them. they usually come back though. Again best of luck to your mom, hope she feels better.

Comment

Working...
                    X