Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

I would think all the effort of trying to establish a Fascist dictatorship in the US, militarize our borders, spy on Americans and the rest would be very stressful on them. That kind of bad stress (that is so harmful to so many others--that is hate combined with harmful and violent acts of killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people) can cause severe and rapid harm to a person's health. Cheney already has a heart condition. Seems like very bad karma.

Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Border By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press Writer

39 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush, trying to build momentum for an overhaul of the nation's immigration laws, is considering plans to shore up the Mexican border with National Guard troops paid for by the federal government, according to senior administration officials.

One defense official said military leaders believe the number of troops required could range from 3,500 to 10,000, depending on the final plan. Another administration official cautioned that the 10,000 figure was too high...

Rest of story at:

Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 05:46 PM.

Re: Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Listen to Air America

How to bring down a dictator
    John Bacher: Video review: Bringing Down a Dictator in Peace Magazine Jul-Sep 2002

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
    Have no fear.
    None of them can stop the time--Marley, Redemption songs

"There's more to the picture than meets the eye. HEY HEY MY MY"--Neil Young
    Breaking Cincinnati news, traffic, weather and local headlines from The Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper.

Or listen to
    Madison's Progressive Radio-MMM World Service

SINCE THEY'RE 'listening' (amazing how quickly they get my messages)...

When in doubt...

Amazing power of nature

Play it safe
    Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

a simple, clip of the article and ONE OR TWO links would have done.
      apart from that, i dont see why noone wants to look at this problem in the long run even in simple economic sense. all the money they are planning to spend on troop deployment and a possible wall and numerous other expenses which willl easily run in the billions could instead be partly allocated to a fund of somesort which would invest in the Mexican business sector, spurring job growth and a higher standard of living, eventually cutting down drastically on illegal immigration and at the same time expanding the consumer market in Mexico for the US exports as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
        a simple, clip of the article and ONE OR TWO links would have done.
        For you, perhaps. However I am also not kidding that the Bush Administration (and many other powers) are watching this site. This isn't simply an issue of economics. I've given them many opportunities. This is dangerous and they WILL STOP or I will stop them.

(Though, I wouldn't be surprised if Wall Street powers get the whole crime bunch all out of power and works with someone like Feingold or Kucinich--none of the Wall Street croud wants the lights going out).

Comment

I'm all for preventing illegal immigration.

Build up walls. Send troops. Release dogs. Whatever.

Many democratic countries have "border troops" so I don't understand what the problem is.

I strongly have no sympathy for illegal immigrants. Number one, they are breaking laws of the United States (i.e., crime, criminal).

Number two, illegal immigration makes it soooo much harder on those who try to immigrate here legally. It makes it more restrictive and much more time consuming.

Send the illegal Mexicans back but don't ban them, allow them the opportunity to immigrate here legally like others. I think that's fair.

Comment

People should NOT be afraid to speak. Being silent is a bad idea. Ignore your rights and they can go away.

First they Came for the xxxs

First They Came for the xxxs
            First they came for the xxxs
            and I did not speak out
            because I was not a xxx.
            Then they came for the Communists
            and I did not speak out
            because I was not a Communist.
            Then they came for the trade unionists
            and I did not speak out
            because I was not a trade unionist.
            Then they came for me
            and there was no one left
            to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller - Nazi survivor
            Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 08:12 PM.

Comment

What right should an illegal immigrant have? The right to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by imhye
                I'm all for preventing illegal immigration.

Build up walls. Send troops. Release dogs. Whatever.

Many democratic countries have "border troops" so I don't understand what the problem is.

I strongly have no sympathy for illegal immigrants. Number one, they are breaking laws of the United States (i.e., crime, criminal).

Number two, illegal immigration makes it soooo much harder on those who try to immigrate here legally. It makes it more restrictive and much more time consuming.

Send the illegal Mexicans back but don't ban them, allow them the opportunity to immigrate here legally like others. I think that's fair.

First, who drew these lines/borders? Maybe we could just fill the borders with molten lava. That will keep 'them' out and 'us' in.

The Statue of Liberty reads...

"Give me your tired, your poor,
                Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
                I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
                Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Who drew the lines? What does that have to do with illegal immigration.

Who drew the lines of Armenia? The lines are wrong and never right.

Wrong or not, if you are an illegal immigrant, you are breaking the law and causing others to suffer.

Why don't the Mexicans accept being sent back and then trying the legal way. That's a fair deal. Usually you are banned from entering the country for a decade or two, maybe life.

Comment

I know everybody already knows this, but, it's not just a Mexican issue; ALL illegals (...who aren't fleeing persecution...) should be kept out.

Anyway, for Anahita: (btw, VERY proud of you for not quoting "Signs" by The Five Man Electrical Band, now, on with the moral of this post.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.
                    Translation: "If you want peace, prepare for war." (Vegetius, Epitoma rei militaris) origin of the name parabellum for some ammunition and firearms, e.g. Luger parabellum

Comment

Working...
                    X