Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Originally posted by imhye
    Who drew the lines? What does that have to do with illegal immigration.

Who drew the lines of Armenia? The lines are wrong and never right.

Wrong or not, if you are an illegal immigrant, you are breaking the law and causing others to suffer.

Why don't the Mexicans accept being sent back and then trying the legal way. That's a fair deal. Usually you are banned from entering the country for a decade or two, maybe life.
    Maybe we should work towards a situation where there are no borders or the need for them. More of a balance in world wealth would be one direction. Have you ever lived in Mexico? The horrible living conditions in many places in Mexico are largely a result of US foreign policy. Why should where someone is born make them feel superior? You don't sound familiar with the process of getting legal status in the US--and most European immigrants have a MUCH easier time than Latin American immigrants (and many other places.)

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
      Maybe we should work towards a situation where there are no borders or the need for them. More of a balance in world wealth would be one direction. Have you ever lived in Mexico? The horrible living conditions in many places in Mexico are largely a result of US foreign policy. Why should where someone is born make them feel superior? You don't sound familiar with the process of getting legal status in the US--and most European immigrants have a MUCH easier time than Latin American immigrants (and many other places.)
      NO!!! The horrible living conditions in Mexico is because they believe threre should be a perminant underclass to keep the economy going!

Comment

A world without borders will never happen. It will happen only after mankind has been extinct.

I may not be familiar with getting legal status in the US because I was born here so I'm a citizen, but I have cousins and relatives who have to wait, wait, and wait to get their green card or visas whatever they call 'em.

In the past (before the illegal Mexican mess) it was much easier, less costly, and w/o a ridiculous amount of waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
          NO!!! The horrible living conditions in Mexico is because they believe threre should be a perminant underclass to keep the economy going!
          Since the 1950's (even before) there have been economic (foreign) policies (often backed by the US military) that created real material poverty where there were once people supporting themselves off the wealth of nature. Same damn thing is happening in India right now.

Mega-corporate agricultural conglomerates (e.g. monsanto with their 'gmo' seeds-of-death) combined with a state military force. That is not always the US military, but sometimes is the US.
          Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

A world without borders will never happen. It will happen only after mankind has been extinct.

I may not be familiar with getting legal status in the US because I was born here so I'm a citizen, but I have cousins and relatives who have to wait, wait, and wait to get their green card or visas whatever they call 'em.

In the past (before the illegal Mexican mess) it was much easier, less costly, and w/o a ridiculous amount of waiting.
            Regardless about how you feel about immigration, MILITARIZATION of the US borders is a terrible, awful, dangerous, generally BAD idea.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Within a few months they will realize that if your cross illegally you are going to get shot by professional marksmen and you are going to be put in jail until they process your departure, if you aren't killed.

I think this solution will decrease illegal immigration significantly.

Besides, try crossing into some European countries.

Also, if you commit a crime the police shoot you and puts you in jail, no? It's not like we can have LAPD at the border.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Within a few months they will realize that if your cross illegally you are going to get shot by professional marksmen and you are going to be put in jail until they process your departure.

Also, if you commit a crime the police shoot you and puts you in jail, no? It's not like we can have LAPD at the border.
                In what city do you live?

Comment

Los Angeles (the SF valley to be specific)

You?

Comment

Los Angeles (the SF valley to be specific)

You?
                    I live in Madison, Wisconsin. I love living here. I'd like the freedom to move from here or for others to move to here, if we choose.

Suppose Wisconsin had a military. Suppose Wisconsin started arming the Wisconsin/Illinois border. Or what if the City of Madison (or LA, or wherever) started sealing the borders with armed forces. Do you see how this is just an absurd idea, in general? That's not even getting at the sinister motivations behind this US/Mexico thing.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Within a few months they will realize that if your cross illegally you are going to get shot by professional marksmen and you are going to be put in jail until they process your departure, if you aren't killed.

Amen!! The reason we have such a problem is BECAUSE we have let it got this far!!

Comment

Working...
                      X