Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S.

Originally posted by imhye
    I feel sorry for her parents. hehe

If you're sacrilegious, what's up with your flag?
    Here is MY flag:

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
      Very worldly, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
        I'm talking about me paraphrasing the Bible and such like that. I'm not sure if God is going to hold that against me, but, I can't put it past Him now then can I? And since we're on the topic of God, and I'm sure this thread will be closed because it DID go off topic and probably nobody else will entertain it, can you please explain to me how Jesus ISN'T xxxish? (Not saying this to start anything or be a xxxxx, I really don't know how this is possible. Is this just semantics?)

I'm not sure. I just found it in a search and was all like, "ooooh! I like that one!"
        Lots of god-talk is lingo...

A simple religion: TRUE LOVE--for all beings.

Comment

haha it's funny how we went from Immigration to discussion about Religion.

To answer the question about Jesus not being a xxx, well it's just my opinion. I've never considered Jesus a xxx because Jesus doesn't have heredity.

He was born to a xxxish world, so he became an influenced xxx.

For example if an Armenian is born in America, he/she becomes an influenced xxx (edit: sorry I meant American!!!). But will always be Armenian. Jesus was born as Lord and will always be Lord.

Besides, Jesus didn't even accept most xxxish traditions, as far as I've learned, so he was more independent, which makes sense because of His lack of heredity.

Comment

You might not get my message, but they will...

Originally posted by Anahita
            I would think all the effort of trying to establish a Fascist dictatorship in the US, militarize our borders, spy on Americans and the rest would be very stressful on them. That kind of bad stress (that is so harmful to so many others--that is hate combined with harmful and violent acts of killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people) can cause severe and rapid harm to a person's health. Cheney already has a heart condition. Seems like very bad karma.
            Is the 'world friendly' to those who kill innocent people and create horror everywhere.... (song playing now)

Comment

To answer the question about Jesus not being a xxx, well it's just my opinion. I've never considered Jesus a xxx because Jesus doesn't have heredity.

He was born to a xxxish world, so he became an influenced xxx.

For example if an Armenian is born in America, he/she becomes an influenced xxx (edit: sorry I meant American!!!). But will always be Armenian. Jesus was born as Lord and will always be Lord.

Besides, Jesus didn't even accept most xxxish traditions, as far as I've learned, so he was more independent, which makes sense because of His lack of heredity.
              It is, but, meh.

I was always taught that he DID have a heredity, I mean, Mary's lineage, right? BUT, if this is how this subject is viewed elsewhere, I can respect that, I just really haven't heard it before, which is why I asked.

AND, you know, continuing about this topic; I would like to think that the illegal Mexicans & Russians et al who come here illegally, WOULDN'T SPECIFICALLY because of their religion. I mean, these are both predominantly Christian countries and for these people to come here illegally and STILL go to church and such...

BTW, how old are you?

Comment

Jesus does have heredity. I meant he doesn't have full human heredity.

Jesus' part heredity is divine. The other part is the human nature. I suppose you can say part xxxish human.

I am no theologian, but I never have ever considered him even part xxxish. It's probably comes down to the fact that xxxs do not believe in Christ.

And all the modern "promotion" of "Jesus was a xxx!" is political (I think) so Christians would side by the xxxs.

It doesn't make much difference if xxx or not, the only important thing is to believe in Him and follow His teachings.

I am in my 20s.

Comment

Jesus does have heredity. I meant he doesn't have full human heredity.

Jesus' part heredity is divine. The other part is the human nature. I suppose you can say part xxxish human.

I am no theologian, but I never have ever considered him even part xxxish. It's probably comes down to the fact that xxxs do not believe in Christ.

And all the modern "promotion" of "Jesus was a xxx!" is political (I think) so Christians would side by the xxxs.

It doesn't make much difference if xxx or not, the only important thing is to believe in Him and follow His teachings.

I am in my 20s.

Ah. Very good. You know, it's funny, this: We got to talking about Jesus and how He IS the son of God. And what was one of the ways God spoke to His people back in the day? A burning bush. And now, we have a Bush burning to solve this world's problems and do what is best for America. And now this thread has come full circle.

Comment

The basic message should be COEXIST. No more killing over religion. No more killing over money. Those who cause death with the way they make money might have some problems.

Post #69 God Mother and Father...

Dharma Talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh: Jesus and Buddah as Brothers

http://www.plumvillage.org/teachings...B rothers.htm

"If love exists there are other things that exist also. There is ignorance. There is violence. There is craving. Mankind suffers very much because many of us make other people suffer. We have created war a little bit everywhere. We want to consume, we want to buy a lot. Therefore, we have created a lot of suffering for each other. Let me tell you it is a privilege for many of us to be able to be a vegetarian. I know that vegetables are living things also, they suffer when we eat them. But their suffering does not compare with the suffering of other living beings. It is not as intense...

If you were born in Europe there is a big chance you are a child of Jesus and you have Jesus as your ancestor. Jesus is a spiritual ancestor for many people in Europe. We have blood ancestors but we have also spiritual ancestors. Jesus is one of the many spiritual ancestors of Europeans. You may not consider yourself a Christian, but that does not prevent Jesus from being one of your spiritual ancestors...

I would like to answer the film maker's question: A Buddhist is someone who considers the Buddha as one of his spiritual ancestors."

I've read his book by the same title. Wonderful work. I'd say the same for any holy teacher as a spiritual ancestor...

JESUS is a Vegetarian
                    LAMBS: Animals aren't ours. (They're God's.)

Comment

hahaha. I can't wait til Bush is out of office, although I worry that Jeb will be the next president. It was nice chatting with you, I gotta take off. And Anahid, please get some help. We love you, and we want you to be well.

Comment

Working...
                      X