Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

S.o.s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.o.s!!

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    Still stalking me and checking my PMs? How many times do I have to tell you that it's over between us because you're not good enough for me? So please don't make me say words that may hurt!

Have a Nice Day!
    If you are referring to my observation that you were always private messaging LadySilver, it had to do with the fact that you two would be the only ones online and I clicked on your names and it always said "Private messaging". I cannot invade the privacy of users and check their private messages, nor would I be for such a thing, so calm down Siamanto.

And by the way, I don't know why we got on such a bad footing but I remember you became quite irate at my posts on the topic of the French riots, and now about global warming. It's as if you cannot fathom the thought of someone daring to hold an opinion different from yours and when they do they must be suffering from some narrow-minded myopic disease. You really need to settle down sir/madamme, as no one is out to get you.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
      Siamanto, before you continue down this new line of nonsense, here are the dictionary definitions for "typically":

typ·i·cal·ly [típpik?lee] adverb
      1. in the usual way: with all or many of the usual or expected characteristics
      2. in most cases: in most cases or on most occasions
      3. predictably: as is to be expected

Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999,2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
      I don't know if it's funny or sad, but it's ironic that each time you try to prove that you are more than Mr. Hot Air, you end up giving another illustration of your mediocrity. Furthermore, the number of such illustrations may be large enough to say that it's typical of you.
      You have managed - in only two sentences - to illustrate your mediocrity in three different disciplines. That's impressive!

Even if there is only ONE occurance of the name "Siamanto" to refer to a male, the use of the "typically" adverb is justified under the third definition.
      Anybody who has taken even an introductory course in Probability Theory or Statistics have probably heard of the Law of Large Numbers. In other words - and to spell it out for you - the number of observations should be large enough before reasonable expectations can be made - i.e. to spell it out for you, in order to reasonably use the word "typically".

Here, you proved to be mediocre even in basic Mathematics.

Now as far as you again taking your limited view of the world, extrapolating it to unlimited extents, and then criticizing others who don't see it your way ... seems that this too fits very well in the on-going theme of this thread.
      Where did I make an extrapolation - can't even read??? At the contrary, I simply invited you who have used the word "typically" - i.e. extrapolated when the sample was not large enough or you did not even know how large it is - of your basic error.

Here, you either proved your mediocrity in basic reading or your lack of Intellectual Integrity and Honesty with a stupid calumny.

Now as far as you again taking your limited view of the world, extrapolating it to unlimited extents, and then criticizing others who don't see it your way ... seems that this too fits very well in the on-going theme of this thread. Are you really trying to say that just because you haven't seen any Siamantos, there aren't any?
      When did I say that? LOL By any chance, did you "logically???" infer it - and how, if yes - from:
      You "know for sure many MALES named after Siamanto???" A unique experience? Good for you!
      Of course, it's only my personal experience, but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."
      Most of all, if you were able to read properly, you could have realized that the emphasis was still on the cardinality of the set of observations, not it's existence - but that's probably too subtle for you! How stupid are you to think that the existence of such a class would be discussed?

Here, you either proved your mediocrity in basic logic or your lack of Intellectual Integrity and Honesty with a stupid calumny.

Honestly, I started to really feel sorry for you! The bottom line is that you just don't have what it takes, so get over it!
      Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Do you think that it will blow up?
          LOL I hope that the balloon is not filled with CO2! Is it?
          Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 08:38 PM.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

... Anybody who has taken even an introductory course in Probability Theory or Statistics have probably heard of the Law of Large Numbers. In other words - and to spell it out for you - the number of observations should be large enough before reasonable expectations can be made - i.e. to spell it out for you, in order to reasonably use the word "typically".
            "Law of Large Numbers"? "Predictablility by probablity"? "Theory of Probability and Statistics"? You are SERIOUSLY trying to argue the correctness of the phrase "Siamanto is a name typically given to males?"

Maybe I am a complete and mediocre moron but I will not be dragged into such a rediculous discussion revolving this phrase. What am I setting to illustrate in the end? That the phrase "Siamanto is a name typically given to males" is a correct one?

"Law of large numbers"?

Exactly how many million Siamantos do we need to find before we can then make the claim that "Siamanto is a name typically given to males" is within a confidence threshold? (Note: This is a rhetorical question. You don't need to make another long and boring post about how mediocre and stupid I am. I think it's safe to say you have turned into the forum fool for now even though you were desparately trying to paint me as such).
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Most of all, if you were able to read properly, you could have realized that the emphasis was still on the cardinality of the set of observations, not it's existence
              Fact: There have been at least a few (more than 1) Armenians named Siamanto.
              Fact: The Armenian humans named Siamanto that we now of, are males (present company excepted).
              Fact: There are other things called Siamanto (like the shoes for example, the publishing company, etc).

Basic moronic conclusion (at least in the context of this forum): "Siamanto is a name typically given to males."

The "cardinality" of the set is irrelevant since we are not making any probabilistic claims here. If I had highlighted the "second" definition of "typically" above, you might have a case. FYI, mathematical probability is not the ONLY method of prediction.

Ok now do another post about how stupid I am.
              Last edited by Sip; 07-14-2007, 09:04 PM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                If you are referring to my observation that you were always private messaging LadySilver, it had to do with the fact that you two would be the only ones online and I clicked on your names and it always said "Private messaging".
                Yes, I remember you being, for some reason, hung up on it; but NO, I was not referring to it. Why did you bring it up? You're amazing: you made a joke about PMS and I made a pun and developed a situation around it.
                I say it because I care: At times, your sense of humor instantly evaporates as you become so paranoid; do you want to end up like ara baliozian and poison your life with your own venom? I always recognized your "intellectual intuition;" but, unfortunately, you let your emotions - and personal/family past, that's all I can say in public - suffocate it.
                At times, I really feel the urge to "slap" you so you'll get a hold of yourself!

I cannot invade the privacy of users and check their private messages, nor would I be for such a thing, so calm down Siamanto.
                I know that you won't! Calm down and breathe! Your "paranoia" is scaring me!

And by the way, I don't know why we got on such a bad footing but I remember you became quite irate at my posts on the topic of the French riots, and now about global warming. It's as if you cannot fathom the thought of someone daring to hold an opinion different from yours and when they do they must be suffering from some narrow-minded myopic disease.
                Please stop your repeated and useless false accusations and face the facts. All you have to do is to read the first two pages of this thread to see how it evolved. I hope that you won't be "narrow-minded [and] myopic" enough to realize that
                1- You went ballistic with an alarmist and emotional rant only because I said:
                Live Earth is not about Al Gore, it is about the Environment; it is not about the US, it is about Planet Earth.
                2- You continued to constantly awaken and refer to the past - of course, in a totally distorted manner - and I always ignored it, hoping that, eventually, you'll wake up from the darkness of your torments and go beyond it. Unfortunately, you did not.

You really need to settle down sir/madamme, as no one is out to get you.
                That is a scary and disturbing statement; not only because the way you look at it, but also considering that
                1- You went ballistic with an alarmist and emotional rant for no reason
                2- You get so paranoid and fail to see beyond
                Please take the time to read our "conversation???" in this thread and be "narrow-minded myopic" to see how it evolved.

P.S.
                I have read the "article" that you have posted earlier and I was considering a reply; but, considering your emotional state, maybe I should refrain from it until you calm down???

Comment

"Law of Large Numbers"? "Predictablility by probablity"? "Theory of Probability and Statistics"? You are SERIOUSLY trying to argue the correctness of the phrase "Siamanto is a name typically given to males?"

Maybe I am a complete and mediocre moron but I will not be dragged into such a rediculous discussion revolving this phrase. What am I setting to illustrate in the end? That the phrase "Siamanto is a name typically given to males" is a correct one?

"Law of large numbers"?

Exactly how many million Siamantos do we need to find before we can then make the claim that "Siamanto is a name typically given to males" is within a confidence threshold? (Note: This is a rhetorical question. You don't need to make another long and boring post about how mediocre and stupid I am. I think it's safe to say you have turned into the forum fool for now even though you were desparately trying to paint me as such).

Fact: There have been at least a few (more than 1) Armenians named Siamanto.
                  Fact: The Armenian humans named Siamanto that we now of, are males (present company excepted).
                  Fact: There are other things called Siamanto (like the shoes for example, the publishing company, etc).

Basic moronic conclusion (at least in the context of this forum): "Siamanto is a name typically given to males."

The "cardinality" of the set is irrelevant since we are not making any probabilistic claims here. If I had highlighted the "second" definition of "typically" above, you might have a case. FYI, mathematical probability is not the ONLY method of prediction.

Ok now do another post about how stupid I am.

I still don't know if I should be sorry for you or simply laugh at you??? You are really much less educated and literate than I thought. Mentally, you're even not as evolved as Mathematical Logic and Epistemology was, late19th century - early 20th century.

Comment

Ok here is a condensed summary of this thread so far (as I see it) ... some names (other than Siamanto who has been central here are just removed to make it easier to read):

X: OMG Global Warming

Siamanto: Oh blah blah yes Global Warming yes yes yes end is near ethics etc

X: Maybe man made Global Warming isn't something that is to be taken as fact.

Siamanto: OMG you are worst computer scientist ever. I have seen graduate students better than you. OMG I'm sorry for you pathetic loser.

X: [explains what he said]

Siamanto: Wow this is so pathetic I don't know where to begin. Highly complicated mathematical concepts are so beyond your grasp. I am superior.

X: Ok bring it on xxxxx. Real challenge. Put your brain where your emotions are. Are you up for it? Any rules you want I'm game.

Siamanto: Lol no I mean you suck. I am so much superior I don't even need to reply here stick to topic lol.

Y: Are you female?

Siamanto: WTF that's such immature question.

Y: No you sound female. But Siamanto is a male name.

Siamanto: Mathematical probablity dictates that you can't make such claims. Nothing can be predicted unless you have seen a billion people that match what you claim omg omg this is so basic you suck at highschool math.

X: You are joking right? "Siamanto is typically male name" bugs you this much?

Siamanto: Wow this is pathetic you are so rediculously immature and mentally you are 19th century wtf I want to laugh at you.

Y: Are you saying this because you harbor bad feelings from several months ago?

Siamanto: Why would you say that? Are you obsessed with me? Come on I like you and want to kiss your ass so at least one person ends up on my side here. Come on you can do it I have faith in you.

X: Ok here are the basic facts. Logical explanation. Dictionary definition. Done.

Siamanto: WOW I am so sorry and want to laugh and cry at the same time while using big words dah dee dah I am so superiror yay.

Me: WTF?
                    Last edited by Sip; 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post

LOL What? "Raffi" and "Barouyr" were not already Armenian First Names???
                      Were they??
                      It seems that none of us has enough data to argue one way or the other; The subject is "interesting" enough, so I will start a new thread about the origin of Armenian First Names and we can continue there???
                      In the meantime, and before we find more reliable and decisive data, according to http://armenian.name/
                      1- "Paruyr" is an old Armenian name
                      2- "Raffi" is an Arabic influence - does it suggest that it predates Raffi, the writer???
                      3- "Siamanto" is not a First Name. Sorry!
                      I did not check other sites.

My statement would be an assumption; only if you are a transsexual otherwise it's you who are making assumptions. I'll find the post and send it later, although it's really getting nonsensical.
                      LOL How about angels? Do they have a gender? LOL Please keep in mind that I was born the day when Siamanto, the poet, have been murdered!!!
                      LOL Please find the post and let's have a good laugh about it!!!
                      [To help you, maybe you have in mind a reply to exfo???? ]

I don't see the word 'probably' used by me.
                      LOL I will assume that it was too late in Tehran and you were too sleepy fo focus???
                      I did not say that you used the word "probably;" I just meant that your statement - that I have quoted - makes the word "probably" in my statement, plausible.

You "know for sure many MALES named after Siamanto???" A unique experience? Good for you!
                      Of course, it's only my personal experience, but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."
                      LOL, so you have met many Siamantos, but Dear Siamanto, you previously said the following:
                      LOL When did I say that I "have met many Siamantos?" At this point, you were probably half asleep???

Good night!
                      Good Morning for you and a good movie for me???
                      Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X