Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

S.o.s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.o.s!!

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    3- "Siamanto" is not a First Name. Sorry!
    I did not check other sites.
    Maybe you should ... hint
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Yes, I remember you being, for some reason, hung up on it; but NO, I was not referring to it. Why did you bring it up? You're amazing: you made a joke about PMS and I made a pun and developed a situation around it.
      You attempt to insult me, and you call that a pun? You are truly an amazing human being with a unique ability of warping any situation and then you call out others on supposedly "distorting" things.

I say it because I care: At times, your sense of humor instantly evaporates as you become so paranoid; do you want to end up like ara baliozian and poison your life with your own venom? I always recognized your "intellectual intuition;" but, unfortunately, you let your emotions - and personal/family past, that's all I can say in public - suffocate it.
      My "intellectual intuition" is not the topic, because (a) I do not have any "intellectual intuition". Since you are so keen on recognizing it, maybe you are the one who possess it oh righteous mind from the French schools of thought of the likes of Lacan and Foucault. I'm just a poster with my own opinions and am able to back up what I say cogently, as opposed to resorting to tantrums as you did both with regard to the debates about the French riots (which are valid for mentioning here as they give a backdrop of how the present situation unfurled) and here. It is this constant resorting to emotional outbursts which is why I think you are a woman, and if not, an effeminate man.

And (b), what does personal and family past have anything to do with my emotions blocking my "intellectual intuition"? It seems you know more about me and my personal/family past than I know about you, so I would say you're the one obsessed with me here. And now we can leave it to Madamme Siamanto to warp this into a "OMG YOU ARE SO PARANOID LOL"

Honestly, I do like your contributions because you always have something to offer when it's not a discussion about French riots or global warming, you post good news and articles and I do read them, but you do get whiney at times.

At times, I really feel the urge to "slap" you so you'll get a hold of yourself!
      Sometimes I feel the urge to slap you with a trout as you do not even deserve the palm of my hand woman.

Please stop your repeated and useless false accusations and face the facts. All you have to do is to read the first two pages of this thread to see how it evolved. I hope that you won't be "narrow-minded [and] myopic" enough to realize that
      1- You went ballistic with an alarmist and emotional rant only because I said:

2- You continued to constantly awaken and refer to the past - of course, in a totally distorted manner - and I always ignored it, hoping that, eventually, you'll wake up from the darkness of your torments and go beyond it. Unfortunately, you did not.
      First, you need to learn to take a god damned joke. When I mentioned Al Gore it was not about making a serious point. You conveniently ignore the rest of the thread where I actually went on to explain my position and to that all you could say is I am narrow minded, religious zealot, etc.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

It seems that none of us has enough data to argue one way or the other; The subject is "interesting" enough, so I will start a new thread about the origin of Armenian First Names and we can continue there???
        Go ahead.

In the meantime, and before we find more reliable and decisive data, according to http://armenian.name/
        1- "Paruyr" is an old Armenian name
        2- "Raffi" is an Arabic influence - does it suggest that it predates Raffi, the writer???
        3- "Siamanto" is not a First Name. Sorry!
        I did not check other sites.
        Check out what Sip provided.

LOL How about angels? Do they have a gender? LOL Please keep in mind that I was born the day when Siamanto, the poet, have been murdered!!!
        LOL Please find the post and let's have a good laugh about it!!!
        [To help you, maybe you have in mind a reply to exfo???? ]
        Yeah, I laughed a lot, it's your and others turn now. BTW, I knew it was exfo, I didn't need the help. Here you go.

How sad...to degenerate from a douche bag to a *urk!

Actually, he's frustrated because Lucin and I won't give him the time of the day even after he tried to make us jealous embracing two women in his avatar.

P.S. I don't know about Lucin; but, I'll have to confess that I started having feelings for this handsome, elegant and virile man and I'm torn between the urgency of my feelings for him and my sacred values as an Armenian. What a tragic dilemma!
        LOL, who is making assumptions now???

LOL When did I say that I "have met many Siamantos?" At this point, you were probably half asleep???
        You said “but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."” -Doesn’t it mean you have met more than a single one named Siamanto??- Whereas you had previously said: “ *wonders how many of us have known, in real life , Armenians with First Name "Siamanto." probably none or almost none of us. wonders how it can be typically??? *”

Good Morning for you and a good movie for me???
        Good afternoon, and probably a good tragi-comedy??( LOL,you are not going to tell me I misused the word probably. )
        Last edited by Lucin; 07-15-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Every time I feel down, this thread cheers me up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
            Maybe you should ... hint

"Genius," did it occur to you that, in the context where "Paruyr" and "Raffi" were being compared to "Siamanto," the fact that some sites do not include the latter - while including the first two - and even if some do [include "Siamanto"] may indicate that there may be controversy about whether "Siamanto" is an Armenian First Name similar to "Paruyr" and "Raffi??"
            I know, too subtle and complicated for you!
            Last edited by Siamanto; 07-15-2007, 10:31 AM.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper View Post
              Every time I feel down, this thread cheers me up!!!!

Still!!??? I'm finding it more and more boring. LOL I think that it's getting closer to a real "khentanots."
              I thought that it was a total waste of time, but apparently it's not because it seems to entertain!
              Last edited by Siamanto; 07-15-2007, 09:52 AM.
              What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                You attempt to insult me, and you call that a pun? You are truly an amazing human being with a unique ability of warping any situation and then you call out others on supposedly "distorting" things.

My "intellectual intuition" is not the topic, because (a) I do not have any "intellectual intuition". Since you are so keen on recognizing it, maybe you are the one who possess it oh righteous mind from the French schools of thought of the likes of Lacan and Foucault. I'm just a poster with my own opinions and am able to back up what I say cogently, as opposed to resorting to tantrums as you did both with regard to the debates about the French riots (which are valid for mentioning here as they give a backdrop of how the present situation unfurled) and here. It is this constant resorting to emotional outbursts which is why I think you are a woman, and if not, an effeminate man.

And (b), what does personal and family past have anything to do with my emotions blocking my "intellectual intuition"? It seems you know more about me and my personal/family past than I know about you, so I would say you're the one obsessed with me here. And now we can leave it to Madamme Siamanto to warp this into a "OMG YOU ARE SO PARANOID LOL"

Honestly, I do like your contributions because you always have something to offer when it's not a discussion about French riots or global warming, you post good news and articles and I do read them, but you do get whiney at times.

Sometimes I feel the urge to slap you with a trout as you do not even deserve the palm of my hand woman.

First, you need to learn to take a god damned joke. When I mentioned Al Gore it was not about making a serious point. You conveniently ignore the rest of the thread where I actually went on to explain my position and to that all you could say is I am narrow minded, religious zealot, etc.
                You understand it as you can, but I hope that you will soon sort out your issues before they poison the rest of your life and you end up like ara baliozian.

Please relax and Have a Nice Day!
                Last edited by Siamanto; 07-15-2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  Go ahead.
                  Check out what Sip provided.
                  I hope that we will be looking for more decisive and etymological data. I just wanted to point to the fact that "Paruyr" and "Raffi" may be a bit different than "Siamanto," considering the fact that some sites do not include the latter - i.e. it may suggest the existence of a controversy on the subject. You should not read too much in it.

Yeah, I laughed a lot, it's your and others turn now. BTW, I knew it was exfo, I didn't need the help. Here you go.
                  Originally posted by Siamanto
                  How sad...to degenerate from a douche bag to a *urk!

Actually, he's frustrated because Lucin and I won't give him the time of the day even after he tried to make us jealous embracing two women in his avatar.

P.S. I don't know about Lucin; but, I'll have to confess that I started having feelings for this handsome, elegant and virile man and I'm torn between the urgency of my feelings for him and my sacred values as an Armenian. What a tragic dilemma!
                  LOL, who is making assumptions now???
                  LOL And that is not an assumption??? Honestly, what do you think??? Take your time. I knew what you had in mind from the start.
                  LOL I hope that you doubted, at least, the fact that "I started having feelings for this handsome, elegant and virile man and I'm torn between the urgency of my feelings for him and my sacred values as an Armenian???"

You said “but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."” -Doesn’t it mean you have met more than a single one named Siamanto??- Whereas you had previously said: “ *wonders how many of us have known, in real life , Armenians with First Name "Siamanto." probably none or almost none of us. wonders how it can be typically??? *”
                  No, it does not mean that I have met more than a single one; it means that I have met none.
                  LOL Come on, even Sip understood it but he falsely concluded:
                  Originally posted by Sip View Post
                  Are you really trying to say that just because you haven't seen any Siamantos, there aren't any?

Good afternoon, and probably a good tragi-comedy??( LOL,you are not going to tell me I misused the word probably. )
                  LOL Probably???? No, I will not do it only because you did it. If you consider Pasolini's "Teorema" a tragi-comedy.
                  Last edited by Siamanto; 07-15-2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

"Genius," did it occur to you that, in the context where "Paruyr" and "Raffi" were being compared to "Siamanto," the fact that some sites do not include the latter - while including the first two - even if some do [include "Siamanto"] may indicate that there may be controversy about whether "Siamanto" is an Armenian First Name similar to "Paruyr" and "Raffi??"
                    I know, too subtle and complicated for you!

Oh excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I didn't know "may be controversy" meant "your version is right" (as in it is "not" a name -- with the "not" in bold pompous letters non the less)

FYI, neither site lists "Sipan" or any of its spelling variations as an Armenian name. I guess that is not an Armenian name either (neither is "Sevada" for that matter). Stop being such a jew and at least for ONCE admit you were wrong.
                    Last edited by Sip; 07-15-2007, 10:33 AM.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

• Re: S.o.s!!

First everyone stop ganging up on Siamanto this is ridiculous ... you're all guilty of preserving the lameness of this thread with the battle for the last word.

Second Siamanto why don't you just tell us already boy or girl so the retarded debate can end. Good God I'm sorry I even asked ...

Finally we shouldn't have to hate each other just because we see the world differently. If one person wants to attribute the trend in climate change to standard deviations in the Earths overall climate then fine. If someone else wants to point the finger at us, the human race, citing example after example of human contributions to the problem then that's fine as well.

At the end of the day it's probably a combination of the two so quit trying to prove or claim "ultimate correctness" in a subject that obviously has none. This entire subject is very arbitrary so to get this worked up is silly <- me being nice.

pce Aggro Armos

Comment

Working...
                      X