Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will Armenians be extinct in 100 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashkhari patmutiun (part I)

Barev dzes.
    Da anshusht cavalie vor Haiuciun@ otar erkirneri mech korcnume ir pnduciun@. Da erevi kakhvatse bazmativ patcharneric. Baic pet chi vor amen mi patchar@ imanank. Karevor@ na e, vor voreve ban vor kogni aid ban@ ch@ irakanacvelu, dra vra menk mer ushadrutiun@ netenk.
    U im karcikov, aid baneric mek@ mer lezun e.

Ekenk chmoranank Silva Kaputikiani barer@:
    De mor@d angam m@tkic hanes
    Ko mair lezun ch@moranas.

Inchu em sa asum? Vorhovetev arandz mer lezvi, arcioq Haiuciun@ k korvi. Aiskan shat joghovurd mitchev mes iroq p@lvec, halec. Iharge menk bakhtavor enk nranov vor Haiastan@ gohutiun uni, u niunisk ete vat vichakum a, eli Haier@ banastekhtsutiuner en hnarum, arvest en stekhtsum, ev ailn.

Isk, spuirki Hair@, petke vor sovoren otar mardganc masin, petk e vor urish lezver sovoren. Erevakai vor inchkan du aveli shat urish erkri metch khoranas, aveli shat ko maireni lezun, ko hokun harazat hasarakutiun@ u kiank@ kuzes and k pntres.

Es 6 tari araj Haiastanic @stekh eka vor usum stanam. U Haiastanum, es aveli kitch Haiastani masin gidei u aveli ei hetakrkrvats artasahmanian baneri metch, kam te hima, vor, inchkan heru em im Hairenikic. Hima indz hamar voreve otar ban@, hokis aidkan chi huzi, inchkan im Haikakan@.

Isk, en Californiai haier@, vor apush, kekhtot baneren anum: gogh u avazakutiun anum, "gang"eri metch poghocnerum taparum, nrank Haiastanum el ein gogh u avazak u tkhmar. Drank nuinisk, aveli lave ete Hai andzakanutiun@ korcnen. Karevor@ vor khelaci, kirt Haier@, mer @ndanur mairenik@ chmoranan u mer amboghj patmutiun@ vor hpartutiun@ irendz metch vaieli.

U aidkan el pis ban cher lini, ete amen Hai@ porci Haii het @ntanik stekhtsi, vor gone ira erekhek@ aveli shat karokhutiun unenan, Hai lezun imanan u erbekh ch@moranan.

VERJ

Few words in English. I wrote in Armenian to kind of send a message.
    We are all Armenian here right. I know some of us have been born outside of Armenia and may not speak the language. But, you all have been talking about Armenia seizing to exist after 100 years. It breaks my heart to hear that. We as people spilled oceans of blood to keep our religion, our language, our way of life. We survived hundreds of years of hunger and destitute and now because of outside influence we talk of end of Armenia. You ask how we can stop it, write in Armenian. If you don't know how, learn. I am not saying you should learn to speak or write like Charenc, after all Armenian is an extremely difficult language, maybe one of the more difficult ones in the World. Even if you have to use some English words in your speach, do it. And let's develop our skills of debate in Armenian.

DE LAV HAIER. DZER CAV@ TANEM. BARI MNAK.

Comment

I speak Armenian with my friends, i write and read Armenian
      I write Armenian poetry and so on..

But my friend, writing Armenian in english letters is hard to do and then hard to read afterwards, so i stay away from doing it in this forum unless there were armenian letters!

so please understand why we dont write in Armenian in the forum...

Comment

Writing Russian or Armenian in English letters is not appealing for me to read. Imagine if one had to write Japense or other Oriental languages in such a manner, Jesus H Christ on a crutch, we would be here all year trying to figure out what sentence ends where.

I read and write Armenian as well, but when dealing with English, all I will type is English, unless the leaders in the ivory tower employ some sort of script or function where we can write in Armenian letters hahahah.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

When is the last time you been in Armenia

Ananymous, I see you gave last hopes that Armenian will stand tall for the rest of Planet Earth life, saying that Armenia, with its government, president and mentality is hopless.

May I ask you when is the last time you have been to Armenia?

Comment

Grig I see no relevance in your question. I do follow politics and read and pay attention to the news.

I was born in Armenia if you must know.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I am from Armenia and has just came from there. And going back soon. I was working on our government.

Believe me. Whatever you read or listen, or see on TV is uncomparable with that when you live.

You did not answer my question. When is the last time you were in Armenia? Many people just curse our government, state institutions, but do nothing instead. Remember what Kennedy told once:

Why you always ask what government did for us? Ask yourself, what have you done for it.

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              Grig I see no relevance in your question. I do follow politics and read and pay attention to the news.

I was born in Armenia if you must know.

Comment

Like I said, you keep jammering about when the last time was that I saw Armenia, but that was when I was 7 years old.

As I said, your question is irrelevant to the point I am raising, much like vrej, keep jammering about what I have done. Rather you try to make my point moot by trying to throw such irrelevant questions at me, becaue you can't for once stomach that Armenians have reached their zenith and will eventually cease. I tell this to many Armenians they either give me a dead ear, tell me I should "do something" much like you, or they simply just don't give a damn.

To be honest I am involved in my community, I do read and write Armenian and use my efforts the best that I can. But my efforts aren't enough, and like I said until Armenians all live under one place again, then you can "do all you want" but eventually decay is an inevitability, as nothing lasts forever, and this is a prime example of negative entropy.

Often it is the holier than thou ones that don't do jack xxxx and tell others "to do the something". The reason I started this thread was not because Armenians like you can come here, ignore the issue and start placing the burden of maintaining this culture from your shoulders to those of others, like Armenians have done historically and now, but rather it was get us thinking. Often the "moral" and "Armenian loving" leaders like the ones in Armenia who do "more for our people" than I, are just the ones that blackmail their identity and people to some finite means or entities of indulgence. After all it was Armenian leaders under Stalin that caused the exile of thousands of Armenians to Siberia, one of which was my family.

Again, I do ask for showing how this ties in to what I even said. Your question is irrelevant and until you can prove its relevance you will go around in circles and not make much sense.

Cheers.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anon i think he's just asking you weather or not you ve been to armenia lately in order to tell you that you wouldnt know the truth untill you see it in peron now... he lives there and he says things are changeing..

that's what i get from his question..

anon in your opinion u think all armenians will be extinct? or just diaspora?

you can't for once stomach that Armenians have reached their zenith and will eventually cease. I tell this to many Armenians they either give me a dead ear, tell me I should "do something" much like you, or they simply just don't give a damn.
                  Armenians have not reached their zeineth and are not going to be extinct..but if you belive this then you have basically given up all hope for the armenian people and closed the door thus you are of no help to the country or people...
                  on the other hand If you are raising a concern, that we migght be extinct unless we change our ways then it is a helpful way of critisizing the wrong and leaving room for improvement and a brighter future...

you are right that nothing lasts forever, and i am not saying armenia will last forever because all is going to come to an end one day, but we can last longer by critisizing positively,and work through our problems, rather than labeling an extinction date and ending our existence as Armenians..

Comment

Originally posted by vrej
                    Anon i think he's just asking you weather or not you ve been to armenia lately in order to tell you that you wouldnt know the truth untill you see it in peron now... he lives there and he says things are changeing..

that's what i get from his question..

anon in your opinion u think all armenians will be extinct? or just diaspora?

you can't for once stomach that Armenians have reached their zenith and will eventually cease. I tell this to many Armenians they either give me a dead ear, tell me I should "do something" much like you, or they simply just don't give a damn.
                    Armenians have not reached their zeineth and are not going to be extinct..but if you belive this then you have basically given up all hope for the armenian people and closed the door thus you are of no help to the country or people...
                    on the other hand If you are raising a concern, that we migght be extinct unless we change our ways then it is a helpful way of critisizing the wrong and leaving room for improvement and a brighter future...

you are right that nothing lasts forever, and i am not saying armenia will last forever because all is going to come to an end one day, but we can last longer by critisizing positively,and work through our problems, rather than labeling an extinction date and ending our existence as Armenians..
                    Once again dear old friend Vrej, my opinion is not based on some pessimistic ramblings but statistical demographics. Demographics according to the CIA factbook shows that Armenians will eventually die out if current continue.

I am only looking at the reality. I wouldn't want to label this as pessimistic ramblings. On the contrary, the reason I raise this is so people can see how fragile Armenians are. This isn't about hope or no hope. You can have all the hope in the world, you can bathe in hope and eat hope and xxxx hope but reality has a more brutish and grim manner of making itself known.

I am the most hopeful person you will meet. If I didn't have hope or believe to incite some hope then I wouldn't have raised this. Focus more on the idea of this that we are all fragile wanders in the world and the thought rather than "what have you done for the Armenian community?" type of reasoning. Obvioously for those of us who care DO something in our community and continue to preserve our culture, otherwise we wouldn't be in this thread, nor on this website, nor admit we are Armenian.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

As far as zenith, goes Armenia was once in its zenith, of course when it was pagan, ever since then it's been nothing but foreign occupation until now and I wouldn't call the situation now anything remotely resembling a zenith.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X